Sixteen.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One day later. PEACEMINUSONE Office-

 

"Aren't you going to congratulate me?" 

 

"For? After so many years, Yul still decided to commit suicide," Jiyong poured himself a glass of vodka and added two ice cubes, raising a sardonic brow at Youngbae as he turned around. 

 

He wasn't surprise at all when Youngbae came into the office the following morning, wearing a ring on his ring finger and announcing the news of his successful proposal. 

 

"My mood is too good today to be ruined by you. You can be that guy who spits nasty comments to hide his jealousy," Youngbae whistled and grabbed the whisky bottle from the shelf, pouring himself a glass. "Scotch is still my fav. Vodka... They're for single men~"

 

"In the eyes of law and probably a lot of people out there, I'm still very much married," Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Gloat for all you want. I swear you're hell of a lucky guy to find Kwon Yuri. The devotion she has for you, man, I've no words." 

 

"Jealoussssssss~" Youngbae continued to be that annoying friend, being in high spirits.

 

Jiyong threw a cushion towards his direction and flashed a middle-finger at him. 

 

Youngbae let out a hearty chuckle, avoiding the cushion perfectly. "They say a jealous man is an angry man." 

 

"Why are you becoming the next Seungri," Jiyong groaned. "I'm going to throw you out of my office, Dong Youngbae."

 

Youngbae raised his arms up in mock defeat, "araso araso. Fierce much. So, how's everything?" 

 

"Not too bad but could be better," Jiyong joined him on the couch with his drink. "Minjun is recovering really well and is dying to go back to school." 

 

"That brat just wish to go back to school to date my princess," Youngbae complained before asking. "That's nice. Could be better... I guess it has got to do with Jooyeon?"

 

"Yeahs," Jiyong sighed. "I went to the firm and signed the papers, but she did not turn up." 

 

"She wants to reconcile?"

 

"No. She isn't satisfied with the payment and she wants our divorcement to be in discreet," Jiyong rubbed the bridge of his nose tiredly. "She doesn't want the press to know. It will affect her image." 

 

"As if she has an image to begin with," Youngbae snorted with disgust. "I thought all stars wouldn't want to be known as married. From what I know, singles are more newsworthy than married no? She's not that popular to be swarmed by those paparazzi anyway."

 

"Thing is, people already knew she's married to begin with," Jiyong shrugged. "I think it also got to do with the fact that PEACEMINUSONE is getting more popular and well, I'm getting recognised. You know, with the collab with Nike." 

 

"Ahhh, that's the real reason," Youngbae nodded. "So, are you going to give her what she wants?"

 

"I'm okay with everything so long as she doesn't mess with Minjun," Jiyong answered firmly. "I'll increase the payment and the divorcement can be kept mum. It's better for Minjun too I guess. I'm afraid if words start spreading, he'll have a hard time in school."

 

"Are you planning to tell him about this?" 

 

"Sooner or later," Jiyong frowned. "As distant as he might be with Jooyeon, she's still the one that had been with him since he was a baby. In his eyes and heart, she's his mother."

 

"Mother in name you mean," Youngbae pointed out crudely. "Not trying to be mean, but she wasn't even that involved in these four years. Maybe the first year, but definitely not the past one year nor recently, or to be exact, the past two months." 

 

"He has the right to know and I'll tell him, but I need to find a suitable time to break the news to him. That boy is hell of a stubborn mule. He acts all tough outside but he's such a kid still sometimes." 

 

"Just like his dad," Youngbae nattered. "Alrights now, let me ask again. How's everything?"

 

"What's wrong with you today. Did getting engaged got you out of your mind?" Jiyong grimaced. "Everything is fine! Appa, umma and noona are helping me with Minjun as I got busy with this week's launch. Minjun is doing great like I said and I'm pretty sure Haewon would love to hold him and give him a kiss if she can." 

 

Youngbae replied with a middle-finger at him, before saying, "everyone wants to hold the baby, but who holds the mum?" 

 

That got Jiyong quiet as he stared at the ice cubes in the glass. 

 

"Don't tell me you haven't been talking to Yoona." 

 

"I'm gamophoic," Jiyong joked. "And, I'm still legally married."

 

"Screw you. I'm not asking you to marry her," Youngbae scoffed before breaking into a smirk. "Or are you already having this thought? My my, Kwon Jiyong. To think that everyone crowned you the devoted husband~" 

 

"I-I'm not!" Jiyong stuttered miserably. 

 

"Loo-Look at you!" Youngbae shook his head and laughed. "Well?" 

 

"No, after she's discharged, we haven't been in contact. She texted to check on Minjun the first two days but subsequently it ended. Probably because Yul provided her with the updates anyway." 

 

"Hey hey, don't push the blame to my wife. It's your incompetency to be blamed."

 

"Fiancée. She still have the chance to save herself and go against her words," Jiyong corrected. "Hello, let's set things straight. I did not blame her for anything. If there's anything, it's her blaming me for everything. She's still angry at me I know." 

 

"Yes, you can't blame her," Youngbae chuckled before softening his gaze at the mention of Yuri. "You know what is Yul's biggest regret?" 

 

"What?"

 

"Her biggest regret was not having Yoona by her side when she gave birth," Youngbae replied. "And not being there for Yoona when she needed her. You know besides family, Yoona is that one friend that she valued so much and wanted so badly to share all her happiness and sadness with her but she couldn't. So, it's no wonder she's still mad at you." 

 

"I know..." Jiyong became serious as well. "I'm sorry..." 

 

"But now, with Yoona coming back, her mood is getting better already and to be honest, her anger has long subsided. If not, she wouldn't have thought of helping you."

 

"Helping me in?"

 

"Remember what I told you during your birthday party that time?" Instead of answering his question, Youngbae threw him another question.

 

"Yes. You told me that Jooyeon and I seemed awfully off to you," Jiyong gave a weak smile. "You're right then, Mr. Know-it-all~"

 

"Not only that," Youngbae added. "I told you there's a girl out there who's made for you and you guys are meant to be. Late, but still meant to be." 

 

Jiyong fell silent, his smile lingering. 

 

"Mr. Know-it-all feels that the girl is here," Youngbae stood up and patted his shoulders, putting his scotch on the table. "In case you forgot, you weren't a fan of vodka in the past. It was Jooyeon who made you love vodka because she's a vodka kind of girl. Maybe, for all you know, whisky suits you better. Or even gin or tequila. There's so much possibilities. It's never too late to try, Ji. You know it." 

 

Before Youngbae walked out of the office, he talked to the air, as though he's thinking out loud. 

 

"Yul told me Yoona is a sneakers fan." 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

-Three days later. Yoona's Apartment-

 

Ding dong! 

 

"Gosh... It's a Saturday! Why can't you guys just let me sl-" Yoona scrambled out of bed and pulled herself to the ringing doorbell, whining away.

 

She trailed off when she saw who was at the door. 

 

"D-Daesung oppa?" Her eyes went big in shock and her face turned red slowly. 

 

"M-Morning," Daesung gave a bright smile, teasing. "I'm sorry to disturb you on a Saturday morning, but I thought I would be able to atone with this~" 

 

"C-Come in!" Yoona perked up immediately, wiping her drool away and invited Daesung in. "W-What brings you here?" 

 

"Well, I had the intention to give you a surprise," Daesung sat in the living room. "Though you gave me a bigger one first."

 

"O-Oppa!" Yoona was embarrassed with her unkempt appearance and tied her stray hair into a messy bun and wore her glasses hurriedly. "You could at least drop a call first you know."

 

"Nahs. Don't worry, you still look beautiful," Daesung praised. 

 

"So wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter