Eleven.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One month later. Kwon's Apartment- 

 

"Are you okay Yoona? You don't look that good," Auntie Lee asked concerningly. 

 

"Yeahs," Yoona gave a polite smile, patting her nape. "Just a minor flu and I didn't really have a good night sleep." 

 

"I'll make you a glass of hot milk then," Auntie Lee suggested and headed back to the kitchen.

 

"Thanks Auntie Lee..." 

 

"Yoona-sshi, are you sure you're alright?" Jiyong frowned. "Do we need to call in the ob-gyn?"

 

"Don't have to waste this money. I'm fine," Yoona joked light-heartedly. "I didn't know PEACEMINUSONE is doing that well enough to call doctor in for a home visit. Can I have a pay increment then?" 

 

"I'll think about it," Jiyong leaned towards and spoke in a volume that only could be heard by the both of them. "Maybe I'll increase if it's a girl." 

 

Yoona burst into laughters. 

 

"Am I missing out on something?" Jooyeon was slightly disturbed to see them sharing secrets and felt left out.

 

"Nothing," Jiyong smiled sheepishly. "Right. You're free of schedules today?"

 

"Yeahs," Jooyeon shrugged her shoulders. "Guess I'll stay in today." 

 

Both Jiyong and Yoona raised their brows in response. 

 

"W-What's with that r-reaction! Can't I stay at home!" 

 

"Of course you can. It's just that I had never been successful in making you do that," Jiyong chuckled. "I'm a little overwhelmed." 

 

"You're ALWAYS overwhelmed~ Now, off you go to work and earn some wine money back."

 

"Pretty sure you're the only one that cares about wine more than bread," Jiyong shook his head in defeat but stood up nonetheless, giving an affectionate kiss on his wife's cheeks. "Have fun at home." 

 

Jooyeon rolled her eyes. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

For the entire morning, Yoona hadn't been feeling her best. To begin with, she had caught a flu since two days ago and her eyelids had been twitching since yesterday night, ruining her quality of sleep. Her heart felt very heavy and uneasy, as though prewarning her that something nasty was about to happen, but she could not pinpoint what. She had called home yesterday night, assuring herself that her sister and father were fine. 

 

"Hello?" 

 

It proved her instinct right after all. 

 

"Yoona, where are you going?"

 

"My-My unnie h-had a fall at home. I-I have to go take a look..." Yoona was in a daze when she walked out of her room. 

 

Auntie Kim had called a minute ago in frantic, saying that Yoonjeong had slipped and taken a fall, knocking her head against the table. Auntie Kim had said that she wasn't bleeding and was fine, but Yoona still didn't feel at ease. She needed to be there to have a look herself, to be sure that her sister was really fine. 

 

"Hey Yoona," Jooyeon could tell that her face had turned pale as sheet and held her arm, stopping her from walking. "Your unnie will be fine. You're sick now. You can't be going out. It's still spring. Your flu will get worse." 

 

"N-No! I-I've to go take a look myself," Yoona was adamant as she tried to break away. 

 

Honestly, her flu wasn't that bad and she could definitely manage the trip back home. However, now that she's on her eighth month, Jooyeon wasn't sure. She didn't want any hiccups to happen now and once the baby is delivered, she could reunite with her sister and would be gone from her and Jiyong's life forever! Happy ending. So long as Im Yoona get out of her and Jiyong's life, she would be happy. Ecstatic.

 

"Y-Yoona!" Jooyeon was determined to not let her go. "Auntie Kim already said she's fine right? She will be fine! C-Come on! Why not let's take a sip of tea first to calm down, shall we?" 

 

"Please, Jooyeon-sshi..." Yoona held onto Jooyeon's hands tightly, tears b in her eyes. "Please let me go..." 

 

"Y-Yoona..." Jooyeon's expression was contorted. "Your baby is important. Don't you care about it...?" 

 

"H-How about I'll go and come back within an hour?" Yoona was getting frantic and had went to the extent of kneeling down to beg her. "Please let me go! I-I beg you! I-I promise I'll keep myself wrapped well!" 

 

"Yoona! Don't be like this!" Jooyeon shrieked and tried to pick her up. "I-I'm sorry, Yoona! B-But you've to understand from my point of view! I-I can't take any risk at this point!" 

 

"I-I'll take good care of myself! I promise!" 

 

Jooyeon had turned a deaf ear and blind eye, having her back facing Yoona. 

 

"I-I'll call and ask J-Jiyong-sshi..." Yoona took out her phone, wanting to dial Jiyong's number.

 

"N-No way! You can't do this!" Jooyeon was horrified and turned around, trying to snatch her phone away. "Le-Let go! DON'T YOU DARE RUIN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH JI!" 

 

As they struggled, Jooyeon gave a light shove and Yoona stumbled a few steps back.

 

"A-Ah..." Yoona suddenly felt a sharp pain on her tummy, her face turning even paler as she broke into cold sweats. "Ah..." 

 

"I didn't even push you! St-Stop acting Im Yoona!" Jooyeon smirked but when she noticed Yoona's pallid face, fear consumed her. "W-Where are you hurting?!" 

 

"M-My stomach..." Yoona was clutching hard onto her stomach, her knees going weak as she fell onto the floor. 

 

"Y-Your waterbag broke! Y-You're ble-bleeding too!" Jooyeon trembled. "W-What should I do?! AUNTIE LEE! HELP!" 

 

Auntie Lee came running into the living room and was shocked to see Yoona's condition and Jooyeon's chagrined expression. She called the ambulance immediately and both ladies got onto the ambulance. 

 

"A-Auntie Lee... Please... Please help me call my unnie..." Even in the ambulance, Yoona was still worrying about her sister. 

 

"Yoona, focus on yourself first. Your unnie will be fine..." Auntie Lee held on to her icy hands tightly, wanting to give her strength. "You'll be fine too..."

 

Auntie Lee's voice felt like a distnce from her and before she knew it, she had swam into the darkness... 

 

"Yoona!" 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Doc! You HAVE to save the baby!" Jooyeon had turned pale as she held onto the ob-gyn's robe, refusing to let go. 

 

"Miss, the doctor will do his best. Please let him go now, so that we can save the patient!" The nurse was trying to pull her apart and Auntie Lee was helping out. 

 

"Oh god... Please let the baby be fine..." Jooyeon finally let go as she watched the doctor and nurse disappeared into the surgery room.

 

The atmosphere in the surgery room was intense. 

 

"It seems like she's spotting."

 

"No. She's showing signs of bleeding. The blood stains is heavier than spotting."

 

"Doc! She's showing signs of toxemia!" 

 

"She can't go through natural birth anymore. She has to have a cesaren."

 

"Get ready for c-sect!"

 

"Yes doc!" 

 

Yoona was fighting hard in the surgery room. She was barely conscious when she heard the ob-gyn's announcement and when the reality finally dawned on her, she was put to a deep slumber... 

 

Unnie, please be fine...

Baby, please be fine...

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Hun!" 

 

"Love!" Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter