Final Part

Rivals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun passes Chorong the blue topwear that will be their team's label.

Chorong glances to the surroundings, with each students wearing either red or blue topwear, she looks like searching for a specific person without her knowing and it didn't take her long enough to find that person wearing the red one.

"You look disappointed that she's not in the same team with us unnie." Eunji teased, while arranging the stuffs to be used in the game.

"I don't want to be in the same team as her anyway." Chorong spitted immediately, her defense mechanism is taking over again.

"You know, there's more chance of you getting into each other if you're not in the same team. So don't worry unnie." Hayoung said while wiggling her eyebrows which earned a slap on her shoulders by the older girl. She once glances to Bomi again who's now wearing the same yellow jumpsuit as hers with the red topwear.

The first game is a tug of war, with 5 person from each team. There is definitely 5 sets of pairs from each team and the most numbers of team to win will be the overall winner.

The teams line up on their respective places. And with a sign coming from the committee, the game started.

2 red team won and 3 blue team won so that made the blue team as the winner for that round.

Bomi is about to walk to follow Namjoo for the 2nd game but her shoelace is untangled, she kneels down and ties it up when a certain shadow blocks her view.



"Wow. Sports is your strength but I'm still winning." Chorong smirked while looking at the girl who's still kneeling down.

Bomi just smiles at the girl sweetly. "It's just the first game miss. We should have won against your team but my team is composed of dancers who did the production earlier."

Bomi finally stood up and face the older girl. "Our dance routine is energy draining and I know you know that Chorong." Bomi leaned dangerously closer to the girl before whispering "cause you never took off your eyes on me."

Chorong gulped hard, as it's one of those rare moments that she felt nervous in front of someone. Bomi just pulled back and smirked before walking away from the girl.

Chorong brought herself back to reality, starting to blame herself for approaching Bomi. She wanted to stay away from that girl but there is something like gravity or magnet that is pulling her to be near the dancer.

The next game is a sack race, that ends up in a close battle between the two teams. Chorong didn't participate but Bomi did.

But something that Chorong can't avoid happened again. Her eyes are glued to the dancer. The way Bomi jumps goofily while her teammates are laughing non stop. She can't help but to think of what if Bomi and her are close. With that personality that is totally opposite with hers... Will they click as friends?

But it just a glimpse on her mind for a short time period as her pride already takes place and she immediately shrug the thoughts away.

The next game is the fast cardboard flipping game where a pair from different teams would compete of whom is faster to flip the cardboard with the color of their own team.

5 pairs are line up in the gym with Namjoo and Hayoung against each other. Eunji and Moonbyul, Naeun and Tzuyu, Irene and Seulgi, and there's is chorong waiting for her competitor as the last pair.

Noone dared to step out in red team since it's only Chorong who doesn't have a partner yet. Even if they know they can actually beat the girl when it comes to games, they never dare to be against the girl. The committee starts a count down that if no one will step out from the red side, Chorong would be the winner on that round. Namjoo immediately stood up and pull the girl who's in the middle of drinking water into Chorong's position.

"Heyaahhh. I'm so tired." Bomi whined but Namjoo already gets back on her position now. She looks at her competitor and she almost choke when she realized that it's Chorong.

"Oh. Hi." Bomi smiled awkwardly. Silently killing Namjoo on her mind for this trouble.

Basically, there are 20 cardboards in front of them, 10 are flipped on the red side and the rest on the blue side. They need to flip all the cardboards to their respective team color. A 30 seconds timer is prepared. As the game starts everyone is cheering loudly for their teams.

Bomi started flipping the cardboards, same with Chorong. But Bomi tried to cheat by filling up the flipped cardboards to her side and when Chorong realized that Bomi is winning in that antic, she casually threw herself to Bomi and tried to steal the cardboards. Chorong was surprised with what she had done and realized that she's backhugging Bomi.



The world seems to stop moving for a while with Bomi holding tightly to the cardboards while Chorong is holding tightly to Bomi.



Chorong finds herself comfortably leaning on Bomi's back and when Bomi notices that the older girl is distracted, she tried to shift her position to flip the remaining boards. But Chorong is faster than her.

The score is already tie. With Namjoo beating Hayoung, Naeun beating Tzuyu,Moonbyul beating Eunji and Irene beating Seulgi which leaves them a score of 2:2 where Chorong and Bomi will be the tie breaker.

Being able to wake up from her little daydreaming, Chorong manages to flip the piled up cardboards into blue side just exactly when the timer stops that it became the last minute of twist for Chorong to win.

Eunji, Naeun and Hayoung immediately run to Chorong to celebrate their win while Bomi is still laying on the floor.

"Bomi unnie, are you okay?" Naeun asked which made Chorong looked at her confusedly wondering, since when Naeun started calling her unnie.

Bomi just gave an okay handsign while Namjoo and Nana run to her to help her gets up.

"What happen to the game genius?" Namjoo teased as Bomi just chuckled.

Nana just excused herself to prepare for the next game. And when Hayoung noticed that Namjoo and Bomi are just in front of them she greeted them.

"You did well too Namjoo-ssi." Hayoung stated shyly and Namjoo smiled at them.

Chorong looked at the two girls and can't help but to notice Namjoo's hands clung in Bomi's shoulder. She just sighed and about to go to their position when Bomi speaks.

"Well, you've won again. Congrats."

Chorong managed to look at the girl who's causing confusion to her. She just keep herself from speaking as she realized that Bomi is talking to her nicely and her responds used to be not the best words to spit.

Bomi notices something on her sleeves and smirks again. As Chorong follows her sight, she realized that there's a lipstick mark on it and she blushes hard when she realized that it's the result of her too much leaning to the younger girl earlier.

Bomi once looked at Chorong again "you really did well Chorong ssi." she stated with a smirk.

The game continued but the six of them decided to rest on one of the bleachers there.

"Where's my water?" Bomi asked to Namjoo.

"Sorry unnie, I already drink it all." Namjoo answered while hand gesturing a peace sign.

Naeun tried to offer her drink but Eunji's jealousy radar shows up as she glare at Bomi and the latter already understands not to accept the drink.

"It's okay Naeun. I'll just buy in the cafeteria." Bomi is about to stand up when someone put a tumbler with water on her lap.

"Just drink before I change my mind." Chorong stated coldly.

Bomi allows herself to stare at the girl for a while. She drinks the water without breaking the stare.

It's the first time she allows herself to appreciate every detail of Chorong. Her baby face, lips, expressive eyes that always look scary when lay on her. Definitely Bomi's type.

"Staring is rude you know."

Bomi just smiles and tilted her head. Definitely her type. But off limits. To be Chorong's friend is already too much to ask. To date her is the most impossible thing she could ask for.

It's time for the last game for that day. It's an obstacle relay. The girls chooses not to join the game and just watch. The game has a lot of rounds and almost everyone is exhausted but still, the points are tie between the teams.

The committee asks for the best athlete from each team to break the tie. And the red team voted for Bomi to be the representative. While no one is responding from the blue team.

Naeun glanced at Eunji and Hayoung and winked. And the two girls understand what to do. Eunji stood up and shouted.

"Chorong unnie will be our representative."

Chorong gave Eunji a sharp glare but since everyone started to cheer for her. She had no choice but to do it.

Bomi and Chorong stand to the starting point beside each other. There's a lot of obstacle for this relay and both of them are nervous because there are water bombs, powders, nets etc.

Both teams made their own chants and it ended up with calling Chorong as the water and Bomi as the fire based on their team colors.

With the cue to start, Both of them started to work hard for the relay. There's alot of obstacles but they tried everything to escape from that.

Chorong almost fell from the swing when she runs but Bomi is fast enough to hold her hand to still her. They continue the obstacle and she notices how Bomi would react whenever she's in trouble. It's almost like a teamwork.

That moment is that crystalizing moment of realization for Chorong.

Not everything is about competition. The truth is that competition changes nature as we grow old. During school days, we compete to become number one but in life we compete to survive. But most of the time, we compete to be happy.

Chorong tends to compare herself from others. Why is that she is not that good in socializing with other people? While others are good? She grew up having the throne of being number one in academics that she feels the need to protect it. Sacrifi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter