First Part

Rivals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay the top 3 got a score of 89 lets give a round of applause for Son Naeun" the teacher handled the paper to the girl as the class clap in amazement.

As if they are already expecting it, they starts congratulating the girl after she got her paper.

"You did well Babe." Eunji said proudly while looking at her girlfriend.

"Unnie, you worked hard for this. Congrats." Hayoung stated while glancing at Naeun's paper.

Chorong is just sitting uncomfortably in her chair. A curiousity is written all over her face wondering how Naeun ends up in Top 3 when the girl used to be on Top 2 next to her.

"For the Top 2, she got 91 congratulations... Park Chorong."

Everyone almost failed to hide the surprise look in their faces, including the mentioned girl. For the first time, there is someone who actually beats Park Chorong.

Chorong stood up to get her paper, trying to ignore the random whispers around the room.

"You still did well, Chorong." the teacher stated as he pats Chorong's back as if he's comforting her.

 

"Thank you sir." and the girl retreated to her chair.

"And of course for the top 1. She got a score of 93. It's a good start for you young lady. Lets give a round of applause for Yoon Bomi."

Everyone claps as the mentioned girl confidently stands up to get her paper.

It's obvious that the girl has that personality of being a good charmer as everyone in the class is already cheering for her. Well except for one girl.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Eunji asked with a genuine concern all over her face. She's one of the closest friends of Chorong and she's almost sure that the girl is not amused at all.

"So lets call this a day. Thank you everyone and see you next week." the teacher announced as he already left.

Still, the other students continued to congratulate the girl who got the highest score in a major examination. The girl just humbly saying thank you.

-------

It was hard for Chorong to keep the screaming to herself after all, she studied hard for that exam only to be beaten by a random student.

She's always been the top student in her class and even if she's not that good in making friends with other people, she's confident that she don't have any person in bad terms with.

She always valued her grades more than anything. As she wanted to remain in the scholar students of the university.

It's not an issue to her for being beaten. But as she thinks of it, Bomi is not that kind of student who is capable of doing so.

And she can't help but to think that Bomi did something... Her mind is filled up with accusations that Bomi cheated or something on that examination.

She searches for her phone in her bag to contact her missing friends. But she failed to find the phone. And in a click in her mind, she realized that she might left in on the room.

As if it's a big realization, Chorong rushed back to the classroom to find Bomi there arranging her things alone.

She immediately ran to her chair to search for her phone only to earn a disappointment that it's no longer there.

"Damn it." she hissed to herself. She's starting to become irritated adding the fact that she's in the same room with Bomi.

"You forget something?" the younger girl asked as she put her backpack.

Chorong just ignored the girl and tried to search in Eunji's chair, even Naeun's chair only to find nothing.

She's about to go out when the girl speaks again.

"Anyway. You're the top 2 right. I didn't see you after the teacher left. So... Congratulations." Bomi tried to initiate a friendly handshake but Chorong just leave the younger girl's hand hanging in the air as she only stare on it.

"And you think, you've done something incredible huh." Chorong retorted, a little bit in harsh tone that she's not aware of.

"I don't know what you are saying.." Bomi stated confusedly... So she cleared as she felt a sudden tension in the room.

"Did you cheat on the exam Bomi-ssi?" Chorong asked suspiciously.

"Is that how you treat people you've just met?" Bomi tilted her head to calm herself down before continuing "I wonder you don't have a lot of friends Miss."

"You're a good student. In fact you don't have grades lower than 80 eversince. But you're not that kind who will get a 90+ and all of a sudden you got 93?" Chorong explained, surprised with herself on how she's been able to say that without stuttering.

Bomi started to become annoyed. She spoke to the girl nicely only to be accused with nonsense.

"Wow. Now you're my grades' stalker. Come to think of it Miss Park, is it not possible that I studied hard because I'm aiming for something?" Bomi asked back, trying her best to talk to the girl nicely.

"Aiming for something... like beating me? Nice try..." Chorong answered sarcastically but Bomi already had a rebut for that.

"Oh no. Everything is not all about you." Bomi walked towards the other girl, as her face is delicately near the girl's face. "I don't even know you until... Like earlier."

Bomi's eyes fixed on Chorong. As if it's the first time to see her when in fact, it's been a month since the class started.

"I'm not here to compete with you." Bomi whispered but loud enough for Chorong to hear.

"Anyways..." Bomi pulled back. "I have to go, I need to go to the lost and found since a careless student left her Iphone here.

"Now, you're stealing my phone!!" Chorong accused immediately. She's really pissed off not only to Bomi but to herself for not thinking before speaking.

"I told you I'm going to the LOST AND FOUND. Did I stutter?" Bomi retorted back.

"Actually, I don't understand you. I know you're wealthy and rich. But it doesn't mean you can carelessly put things everywhere. Not everyone has the same life as you." Bomi lectured before starting to leave again.

"Aren't you going to return my phone?" Chorong blurted out. She breathe heavily, working hard to keep her face blank but Bomi just kept on walking away to go to the Lost and Found department of the school.

"Aaaaahhhh. I hate you!!!!" Chorong screamed as she kicked the chair in front of her with so much force.

------

In a cafeteria, Bomi and Namjoo are simply enjoying their lunch. As Bomi kept on remembering something and feeling that the corners of is turning up.

"You look weird." Namjoo teased.

"You're in all smile while looking at your food. Are you that hungry?" Namjoo explained as Bomi remained clueless on whatever she's saying.

Bomi shook her head. "Oh, I just remember something."

She can't help but to smile remembering Chorong's face when the older girl is being scolded by officer in Lost and Found.

Flashback~~~

Bomi tiptoed to the Lost and Found section she found in the room. To be honest, she had no idea that it was Chorong's phone until the moment that Chorong rushed on the room searching for something.

She surrendered the phone to gain the good moral points. Actually, Chorong can just ask for it nicely for her to return it. But the girl pissed her off by false accusations that's why she wanted to teach the girl a lesson.

Chorong has been always the rank 1 role model in school. And Bomi is sure that the careless action will result to a points deduction on the girl.

She's not even aiming to steal the rank 1 spot in being a good role model. Or even if in academics as the girl is accusing her.

Infact, the reason why she studied hard is to aim for the 50% scholarship in the school as she only have 25%.

Unlike Chorong, Bomi is not born with a silver spoon. But still, her parents worked hard to support her studies in a reputated school and she wanted to help them by having a scholarship.

The 25% is already a big help. But she thought that if she can have the 50% scholarship, then her parents would not have a hard time to keep on overtime works and even holiday works.

"Chorong, I hope for this situation not to happen again. You're the model student of the whole university. It's not a good reputation that you put your things anywhere. Be grateful that Bomi here is kind enough to return your phone. Not everyone is kind Chorong. Remember that."

Bomi brought herself back from her deep thinking as she saw Chorong's poker face but looking at her as if the older girl wanted to kill her.

She wanted to laugh but since the officer is still lecturing Chorong, she chose to keep shut.

After the situation had been settled and Chorong already got her phone back, they already part ways, without saying anything.

End of flashback~~~

"Oh, now I know why you ranked up in the model student ranks... From rank 12 you've reach rank 8 now." Namjoo stated proudly.

"Is my sudden rank, because of the highest average in exams?" Bomi asked curiously, she actually don't have any idea to things like that as her only goal for now is to have an average grade of 90% to gain the scholarship.

"Yeahh, and good moral also have something to do with that. If you keep it up, I guess you're capable of earning the rank 2 since noone can beat that Park Chorong." Namjoo explained as she realized something. "wait... you beat her in examinations average... Wow!!! It's possible that you can beat her as number one role model!!" Namjoo exclaimed as Bomi can't help but to stuff Namjoo's big mouth with food to shut her up.

"I don't have any plans on competing with her Joo." Bomi tried to avoid her friend's eyes to hide her fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter