EIGHT

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the evening, Jisoo barely made it in time to escape the rain before she entered the restaurant. She had traveled to three different places all in forty eight hours and it took it toll on her. She traveled to Delta to meet her fiancé’s parents. His parents were loving and they accepted her as their daughter. She had slept in their home and the following morning, she had traveled back to her parents house at jendu for their anniversary and 6 pm she was in Seoul already. She felt very weak.

She should be on bed resting like her fiance suggested but her best girl was celebrating today and she had to be there. She sighed as rode the elevator to the first floor. Her mind took in all her plans and she was pleased with the shape they took. Soon, very soon she would triumph over them all. She stepped out of the elevator and walked casually in the midst of teeming crowd moving in and out of Ronny Restaurant.

She smiled, the place was beautiful with the lighting. The interior of the restaurant was decorated in serene shades of blue and gray. The chairs and tables sat in cozy groupings and the floor was mirror like. It was shining as she looked at her reflection. A pleasant faced lady whom she believed was one of the employees greeted her and handed her fruit juice. She drank it in one gulp and nodded her thanks returning the glass cup to her. She saw her friend through the architectural glass and called out to her.

“Madam, she can’t hear you. Do you have your invitation card so you could come inside” the lady said smiling at her.

“I thought it’s free for all” Jisoo said.

“Yes ma, in the afternoon ” she informed.

“Go in there, and tell her Jisoo is here” she instructed Jisoo watched the lady mulled over her words and began to shook her head, she stopped her and promised her she was not in trouble Jisoo laughter rang out as she saw Somi struggled to run with her heels. The sliding door opened and Jisoo embraced her tightly.

“Jisoo” Somi mimicked Jisoo's mother.

“Shut up” she retorted.

“I feel complete with you here” Somi said and released her to move back to the group.

“I’m always happy to see you happy” Jisoo said smiling. Somi introduced her to the men in the small group, most of them were her husband’s friends whom she never met before until today.

“And this handsome man there is my husband” she grinned.

Jisoo made a great show of her excitement by holding Sehun's two big hands in her small ones. “I am pleased to meet you. I must tell you something about Somi. She has a good heart, she’s not arrogant and she deserves all the happiness in the world. You will never regret marrying her. Do you know even with our age difference, she has always respect me like we are equal. Please do take care of her” Her voice clogged with tears.

“Jisoo" Somi chided taking her friend into another embrace.

“Don’t cry, trust me the trouble days are over. I have everything I want now. My family and a husband who cares about me” she would have said a husband who loves her but she was not sure of Sehun’s feelings towards her.

“And you, my best friend is here with me. What more can I ask for. Come, let’s go and greet my Dad” Somi said taking her along.

Mr and Mrs Lee sat in one of the cozy chairs sampling the meals before them. He was pleased with his daughter’s achievement but his happiness wavered as he watched Somi walked towards him. She looked exactly like his late wife. It was twenty one years since she died and he still missed her. He wished she was alive to see her trees bore fruits.

“Good evening sir” Jisoo greeted kneeling down ” Good evening ma” she said including Mrs Lee.

“Stand up, good child. You are here for your friend. God will reward your deeds” Mr Lee prayed jisoo whitened at Mr Lee's prayer. The man was always saying the wrong things to her. She quickly stood up listening to her friend’s loud amen.

“Thank you sir” Jisoo said forcing a smile.

“Somi, can I see you for a minute” Mrs lee said to her. Somi nodded and exchanged eye contact with her father who shrugged. She told jisoo she would be back and followed her step mother through the back door. Jisoo's mood was spoilt, she knew she would have to endured many tales about friendship and betrayals. Sometimes she wondered if the old man knew it was her behind most of Somi's problems.

“The English Adage says 'gossip kills the servants, curse kills thieves and betrayal kills friendship' but you are different, you have been with my daughter since her first year in school. God will reward you. Say, amen my child”

 

 

 

 

Sehun drank the sixth glass of champagne in one gulp, he needed it to firm his resolve. He was slackening, his wife had him wrapped around her little finger. A touch here and there and he almost forgot about the letter in his office. It drove him crazy to realized he really did not care if she betrayed him or not. If he would father someone else child or not. All he wanted was to allow their feelings to blossomed into what he was sure would be popular like Romeo and Juliet but without the suicide. She had been amazing these past few days, and he could tell she was half in love with him.

But there was some truth in the letter. A lady marrying another man two days after her failed wedding counted for something. It showed desperation. Out of the corner of his eyes, he watched his friend approached him. He was seated in a secluded corner where he could watched the happenings around him. He had purposely left his friends, they were stumbling all over his emotions and he did not know how long he could hold himself before punching them.

“Here you are” hyungwon said dropping to the seat before him.

“You look worried” hyungwon said again. Sehun raised his brow at him.

“Come on, I know you. You don’t drink except you want to forget something” If he denied it, he would be lying to both of them.

“Yes, I errm troubled” Sehun replied.

“My sister?” hyungwon asked.

“No” Sehun lied.

“Oh please, I know its her. You looked at her as if you want to kiss and strangled her” Hyungwon said again.

Sehun sighed, there were things one do not discussed with brother in-laws. Hyungwon would not be pleased if he told him he planned to dealt with his father and his sister for duping him.

“Everything is fine, don’t worry yourself” Sehun assured It was hyungwon’s turn to sigh, his friend hardly shared his problems with him since he got married. Especially if it was related to his sister. The perks of being a brother in-law.

“Sehun, I am still your friend and you can always talk to me” He said and stood up to leave when his sister approached him.

“Brother hyungwon, daddy’s wife wants to see you” that was what they called Mrs Lee behind her.

“Why?” he asked.

Is memory of the woman was not fun either? She was the reason behind his holidays in the boarding house. The woman was not cruel to them but she treated them like they never existed. It was just her, husband and her daughters. The rest of them were out of the picture.

“She apologized to me, saying she wants us to be one big family. That she was wrong with her treatment of us” Somi said

“What do you think?” hyungwon asked her

“I have you and that’s all that matters to me” she said this hugging him, while he did a tongue out at Sehun.

“All right let me see her” hyungwon said leaving her alone with her husband.

“My husband” Somi said excitedly jumping on his lap.

Her use of endearment started four days ago and he was enjoying it. In fact, iroomsected his libido in a way he could not explain. She leaned in after looking around her and quickly kissed him on his lips. He almost laughed. She was still shy about some things after the intimacies they shared. They no longer slept in different rooms, she had moved into his after the night at the hotel. He had enjoyed every waking moments with her. She whispered most of her words as if she was worried someone was listening.

“I am excited about today. Thank you very much” she grinned.

“You are welcome” he said “Do you like my friend? She’s my best friend” Somi said.

“That eccen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter