constant togetherness.

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or in other words; clingy.

She needs to stop right now.

I glared at her playfully and poked my tongue out at her. Mouthing the words ‘Pay attention’ in which she ignores with a lopsided smile. She mouthed back a ‘No’ as I responded with an eye-roll.

 Although I love the attention she gives me I still want her to listen to the teacher babbling upfront.

Chaeyoung was a few seats away from me but won’t stop stealing glances at me. And it’s distracting because all I want was to look at her too but I know my priority.

I felt a presence behind me followed by a tap. It was Lisa and she wiggle her eyebrows at. Shrugging my shoulders, “What?” i whispered loud enough for her to hear.

“Are you guys like…. you know?”

Narrowing my eyes at her, “Like what?”

She scoffed, “You knoooow, declare your love for each other like you’re Athens scholars harboring a forbidden love.” Oh my gosh, what in the world.  I almost choked in my own spit. I was honestly speechless like I can’t even comprehend what she had said. I was expecting her to say something weird but this was in a whole other level.

“What the heck? Um no – we’re just friends.” I looked at her accusingly.

“Oh come on, look at her. She can’t keep her eyes off of you.” Whispering at me who was trying my best to pay attention to Ms. Jung. But once Lisa had said that my eyes flickered to where the blonde was sitting at and now she had her head propped on the table giving me this all too familiar look and I can’t help but to smile widely.

Why does she do this to me all the time?

My phone buzzed and I took it out of my bag. Thank god it was on silent mode because Ms. Jung is a little unforgiving when it comes to disturbing in the middle of her lesson.

I could sense it was from Chaeyoung because who else would be brave enough to text me during classes and of course she is my masochist who loves getting hit in the head right after class.

Something bothering you? – Chaeyoungie.

Yeah more like ‘someone’ and it just so happens to be you. STOP STARING. – Mandu.

If you had saved me a seat this wouldn’t have happened. – Chaeyoungie.

I shrugged and gave her an incredulous look while she makes a face at me and I almost let out a laugh.

What are we? 4th graders?– Mandu

I patiently watched her and noticed her breathed in hard. She glanced upfront and subtly typed.

If it means I get to sit beside you then yes, I am an elementary student. – Chaeyoungie.

 What is it with you with sitting beside me? *thinking emoji face* – Mandu

The typing bubble appeared then disappeared and reappeared the next couple of second and I raised an eyebrow at her who sported a serious face.

Being near you calms me down. – Chaeyoungie.

I bit my lip and I glanced back at her but now she wasn’t staring anymore and so I decided against replying.

I can count the several times I’ve been there to stop her from going berserk when Jongin and his goons would try to mess with her and The Rebels. Chaeyoung has such a temper but only when provoked, other times she’s cool and collective.  Usually holding her hand would work or when we’re both at each other’s house and I’d call for her to calm lie down on top of me when she’s stressed.

And I could say that… she brings the same effect on me too. Our breathing would synchronize and we’d drift off into slumber as her head rested on my chest while I played with hair.

My thoughts were cut off when Ms. Jung announced she was giving out an assignment and it was a pair work. Immediately Chaeyoung lift up her hand, “I’m with Jennie.”

This caused the whole class to let out their respective ‘Ooos’ and teasing as I sunk in my seat.

I groaned internally when I heard whispers of;

Student 1, “They’re definitely dating.”

Student 2, “Chaeyoung’s fanclub would die knowing they won’t ever have Chaeyoung volunteer herself as their partner.”

Student 3, “Now that’s really unfair, I wanted to be with the Prez.”

Student 4, “Would it be suicidal to go up against Chaeyoung for Jennie’s love?”

Student 5 to student 4, “If you’re a then go ahead.”

-

-

I dragged the taller girl to a corner of the school where the students passed by in a crowd. Smiling at the ones who greeted me and Chaeyoung who only nodded to them. Once we were left to our own devices I looked at her expectantly.

“You can’t just do that. “

“Do what?”

“You know – call dibs on me everytime there’s an assignment.” I adjusted my bag dangling on my shoulder.

She sighed, “I mean I struggle with assignments… so like, you’re the only one I work well with.” She shrugged and gave me a cheeky lopsided smile.

I crossed my arms and shook my head, “Bull crud, who’s the one who’s picky when it comes to brainstorming and choosing ideas. It’s hard to believe you’re the type to struggle, Ms. Ace.”

“And your mind just knows how to expand the ideas way better than mine which leads to a much for sophisticated completion of our work. We, match.” Grabbing my hand to start walking me towards my class when I know her class was in the opposite direction.

I rolled my eyes still wanting to win. “We are encouraged to work with different people! That is how we develop and improve our social skills for the future. We can’t just stick with what’s comfortable for us.” Stopping in my tracks forcing her to release my hand and I heard her sigh, scratching her eyebrow AGAIN. “So don’t stand there and tell me you’re struggling in it when you’re clearly not.”

We were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter