before you; one.

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[back story]

Jennie stride through the school hallways with a bright smile as people greeted her and she kindly greeted them back. Arriving at her locker she put the unnecessary things inside while eyes scanning the people around her once in a while.

Who was she looking for, she shook her head and scoffed at herself for being ridiculous.

“Searching for someone?”

Jennie jumped at the voice and almost dropped her bag at the intruder. Glaring at her best friend, “No I’m not – I wasn’t looking for anyone.” Slinging her bag on one shoulder that had slid down to her forearm.

Joohyun leaned against the locker beside Jennie with a smirk as she mindlessly watched the people passed them. “Says the person with wandering eyes.” Jennie couldn’t help but scoffed.

“My eyes weren’t wandering and talking about yourself much.” Closing her locker.

“Oh we’re talking about me now – I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She rolled her eyes trying to keep her cool but Jennie could tell her friend was starting to get flustered when she starts cussing. It wasn’t in a rude way but it was something her friend was unable to control as it unconsciously slips from .

“Don’t make me say her name.” Jennie opens and slowly pronounced the girl’s name, “ Seul-“

Her friend quickly covers with alarming eyes. “Atatatatat! Don’t say it. Do not mention her name – I don’t like her that way.” She grumbles under her breath before letting Jennie go.  The girl says one thing but feels the other. It was pretty obvious Seulgi and Joohyun shared a common tension but neither wanted to do anything about it. Jennie had told her many times that they should talk or something but she was being her hard-headed self.

“You sure? She seems to like you though.” Jennie with a small smile.

Sighing out tiredly. “How would you know? BY her weird stares she gives me? Yeah no.”

“Well you’ll never know unless you talk to her. Aren’t you in a few classes with her?”

“Why would I want to talk to her… well yeah she’s in my calculus class and we had talked before but like.. that’s like only to discuss on the subject. “ She shook her head and flailed her hands. “But that’s beside the point.  We’re here to talk about the Rebel’s Leader.” Jennie kept herself from smiling, “Who’s that? I don’t know her.”

They laughed to each other and Joohyun was still persistent. “Oh please – tall, blonde, smart and y –“

Earning a punch to her arm from Jennie she stopped to rub it. “Ew! What? You’re being weird.”

“Am I really? You were thinking about it!” Bringing her finger to point up at Jennie’s face teasingly. “You have to admit… girly is kinda cute.” Jennie swatted the hand away from her face putting up a deadpanned face.

“Nope. Nope. Nope. She’s…. cool I guess but… i’m not – attracted to her. She’s not my type.”

Blushing slightly as she start to walk towards her classroom with Joohyun beside her.

“So what is your type? Jongin?”

They paused to look at each other. Cringing and burst out in laughter. “Yeah no. Definitely no and I don’t know. I have no specific type so let’s just –“

Just then the students around them start to murmur silently.

Chaeyoung walks in with her group of friends. The hallways subsided to make way for them, Jennie and joohyun watched as the group walked so coolly. Their presence didn’t exude fear to the people but it was more enough to be intimidating to have them admire these good looking people.

Jennie scoffed at the girls who fangirled and squealed when the Leader of the pack give as much as a glance towards their way.

Many had showed them respect because even if they seemed scary and intimidating, they’re actually good people who fight for what’s right. It was shown that Chaeyoung and the others fought with people who came to bully others. The words Jennie remembered the girl let out when she confronted a few bullies.

‘Get a ing life before I end it. ‘

‘ty life to have to even thought of messing with people’s lives. off.”

They never bullied but mostly mind their own business unlike the jocks who’d mess with anyone they deemed a loser. Talk about being the predator of the food chain. Thirsty mutts. Jennie wasn’t fond of Jongin especially because the boy was annoying and doesn’t know personal space at all. It feels as if he objectifies her and ignores her uncomfortableness. Grateful that Joohyun and her other friends like Jimin, and Nayeon were always there to pull her out of Jongin’s advances.

The Rebels and the Jocks were common enemy and is acknowledged among the students as everytime a fight breaks out they’re always there to watch the two packs fight. That leaves the student council and a few prefects to break it up which is such a bothersome to Jennie. It stresses her to see people throwing hate at each other. Why can’t people just put aside their differences.

As they walked, they passed by Jennie and Joohyun. Joohyun decided to finish Jennie’s sentence in a whisper.

“Let’s drop it?”

“Yup.”

It’s as if a routine that only they both know, a daily dose of eye-contact for the day and they’re good to go. It’s an unexplainable feeling for Jennie but if she didn’t get to at least have a glimpse of the taller girl then, it’ll most probably  - not to say ruin her day but turn it… sour.

Her heart skipped a beat everytime Chaeyoung would turn her head to get one last look at her even when they were far away or one had passed the other. But Jennie doesn’t think much of it as she’s guilty of doing the same. Their eyes were like two magnetic poles pulling the other to hold onto their gazes in those brown and alluring pools.

Jennie shook her head to break out of her trance.

“Alright, that’s enough gawking for you. Don’t want flies fly in now do we?”

“Um Hello? Speaking of yourself much. I saw that tension between you too.” She slyly said linking arms with Jennie. Jennie scrunched her nose in disgust, “No tension detected, it was just a friendly.. glance and maybe just maybe she wants to be friends with me and so do I!” Jennie tried to reason to herself more than she intended to Joohyun.

The only response she got was a snicker from her friend.

“Yeah sure, you tell yourself that. See you for the Student Council Meeting later?” 

Wincing at her friend’s question. “Yikes, it’s todaaay?” She tried to hide her guilt but failed when her friend gave her a tired smile. “Madam President, you’re the one who scheduled it remember?”

She groaned, “Ugh I forgot and thought it was tomorrow… unless?” She pleaded with Joohyun cutely with puppy dog eyes that works 98% of the time but not today. “Oh no. No way, we are not postponing it again.” Joohyun crossed her arms sternly but loosened up when Jennie pouted, pinching the girl’s cheek, she rolled her eyes. “Aweee but there’s nothing important to say anyways – why do we have to do these every week? We all brief the same thing again and again.” Jennie mumbled with a huff.

“Hey, it’s just for an hour. We gotta do what we gotta do – oh and Jimin’s going to talk about the money we’ve collect for the school trip.”

Jennie perked up at this and did a little jump. “Yeay! I hope we had enough. I’m really excited to go.”

“Yeah can’t wait to visit to the museum again huh, Nerd?” She teased the girl.

“You guys just don’t know how to appreciate museums, I heard they’re bringing in new stuff in.” She clapped her hands.

“Anyways what I’m really looking forward to was the amusement park.”  Joohyun shook her head with a small laugh. Jennie’s stomach churned at the mention of those death traps. She wasn’t a fan of heights and anything to do with fast moving contraptions. “You’ll find me in the win-a-prize section because I’m going nowhere near those rides.” She waved Joohyun off.

“Scaredy-cat.”  Joohyun muttered under her breath.

“I heard that!” She jogged off to her class leaving her friend behind.

“Good!” Hearing her friend laugh as she rolled her eyes.

She had literature first, way to start a day but Jennie didn’t mind. She can appreciate a good Literature. Thankfully when she arrived the teacher hadn’t, entering the classroom her eyes roamed around for an empty seat but the only seat unoccupied was the one infront of….Chaeyoung. Gripping her bag, she swallowed down her saliva that started to accumulate in . Chaeyoung was muttering a few things under her breath as she read the book but noticed something in the corner of her eye and instinctively raise it up to find jennie standing at the foot of the door.

For some unknown reason, the school’s bad girl suddenly felt fidgety in her seat. Soon realizing that there was one seat left for the Student body president to sit on. Jennie and her held their eye contact before Jennie it her breath and went to sit without looking at the girl any longer.

It wasn’t dreadful to them at being near each other much like… a pleasant feeling. Either one should have the balls to break the awkwardness they have and start talking but none wanted to make the first move.  Jennie felt a sense of giddiness which she won’t let herself admit while Chaeyoung felt at ease as if her presence was calm and welcoming.

Trying to distract herself with the literature book on her table and touching up a few words on the assigned homework given to them; they had to write their thoughts and remark on Plato’s Dialogues. You can imagine the groans of the class when the teacher announced it to them. Chaeyoung noticed the girl infront of her shivered slightly due to the AC that was directly above her, Chaeyoung glanced up to see that it was aimed away from her but felt bad for the shorter to endure the coldness.

The AC blew causing jennie’s perfume to be blown towards Chaeyoung and she didn’t mind one bit at the fragrance of flowers she gave off.

Finally when Jennie started to rub her sides and tucked her hand s in her sleeves, Chaeyoung couldn’t stop her worrying. Looking around to feel satisfied finding everyone else were minding their own business, she slowly tapped Jennie with her pen. Not wanting to touch the girl without consent. She may be a badass but she’s has manners.

Jennie startled a bit which Chaeyoung thought was sort of cute but quickly brushed the thought off.

“Yes?”

Chaeyoung didn’t utter a word but gathered her things first before finally speaking.

“Change places with me.”

Dumbfounded at the taller girl’s request, she watched as Chaeyoung grabbed her bag and slung it on her new seat.  Jennie didn’t argue though, in fact she’d rather sit at the back where it was less cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter