push me away and we'll both hurt.

us colliding.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [continuation from previous chap.]

Chaeyoung can’t help but glanced towards Jennie’s direction at every chance she gets. Jennie at another table noticed the stares she was receiving in which she wanted, that’s why she purposely sat facing the girl. This gives a straight view for Chaeyoung.

They shared a smile when Chaeyoung realized Jennie’s eyes landed on hers.

“Honestly, it’s not like you guys are don’t see each other after.” Joohyun rolled her eyes, even she noticed the subtle exchange Jennie and Chaeyoung gave each other from across the room.

“Yeah Jen, keep the eye- for another place.” Jimin joined in, speaking through his mouthful of Chocolate pudding.

“You guys do know that you can just pretend not to notice right?”

“Where’s the fun in that?” Joohyun snorted, dipped her salad into the dressing.

“They’re all joining the trip by the way.”

Jennie said while she started to dig into her lunch as they all listened.

“Wow the power you have on her like Jennie you really have her wrapped around your fingers.” Jihyo snickered.

“You mean the Rebels?”

“Yeah, just the seniors though.”

“Oh! Jungkook guy coming?” Jimin sat up straight excitedly.

“You’re ecstatic.” Jennie gave an amused smile as she slid her transparent file containing the forms filled for the field trip and Jungkook’s name was on top.

“Are you interested in him?”

“No way I thought Jimin’s Aual?” Jihyo said confusingly.

“Really, you es like to assume –“

Jimin’s sentence was cut off when a scream broke out and the SRCs panned their heads towards the commotion. Jennie stood up when people were staring at one place she really didn’t want it to be but there they were toe-to-toe from each other.

You guys probably wondered what in the hell is going on. So here’s a few minutes recap on Chaeyoung’s side:

“Smiling to my girl again, Parktard?” Jongin scowled and continued to squish the innocent muffin sitting on Chaeyoung’s tray with his football. His goons chuckled at the lame insult as the Rebels start to rise from their seats but the leader quickly raised her hand to stop them. Motioning for them to sit down as she calmly leaned back into her chair.

Park…Tard? Did he just combined my last name with retard? It’s like that’s the only word he knows lately.

Retard. tard. Parktard?

“It’s not nice to treat food like that.” Chaeyoung said in a bored manner.

“ your food.” He spat and twisiting the ball causing the muffin to further lose its solidity.

“What’s a word to replace if it’s with muffins?” Chaeyoung continued to bite into her corn while ignoring Jongin’s presence who was clearly pissed at the lack of s given by the girl.

“Muffiniality.  Are you that desperate?” Waving her fork around.

The Rebels were definitely on edge now, Chaeyoung can sense all of them wanting to pounce at the second the Jocks make a single move towards her but she still kept her cool because Chaeyoung didn’t want to fight here. Seulgi was death glaring at Jongin from beside her but Chaeyoung gave a guick glace and a shake of the head.

It’s lunch time right now, man. Can’t we just schedule to another time? The Rebel leader thought tiredly.

From stealing glances and exchanging smiles with Jennie from across the room, to scowling and glaring as the asshead who is once again bothering Chaeyoung for even breathing.

“Are you dumb or something.” He smacked the plastic fork she was holding and clicked her tongue.

Students around their table were now looking at their way from the scene the jock was pulling. Probably waiting on for another fight between the two rivals. Chaeyoung didn’t mind if it were in any other place and time, however this wants it at school and she was thinking about her school record as well as this fool’s football season. She wasn’t a sadist unlike him.

Chaeyoung chuckled, “No, but you are. You have your whole life to be mentally challenged, so why not take today off huh and we’ll scheduled this fight on another time?”

The Rebels hollered and snickered.

“By the way, don’t ever call Jennie yours. Last I check she wasn’t anybody’s and she definitely isn’t yours.”

Chaeyoung stood up slowly and now were toe-to-toe to each other sharing identical glares, wanting the boy to step down and leave.

“Not after I’ll her good and maybe she’ll stop wasting her time on some dyke like you.” Tilting his chin upwards in a cocky manner.

That’s when Chaeyoung lost it.

Her left fist connected with his jaw hard earning a loud chattering between his teeth. The anger inside Chaeyoung boiled as she frowned hard. Jongin stumbled back hitting against a table nearby and knocked into a girl’s tray causing her to scream.

A hand grabbed Chaeyoung’s shoulder and its owner’s voice muffled when they called out due to her anger that her mind was blocked.

“…Ch..Chaeyoung!” Seulgi held her down from advancing towards the jock who was holding onto his bruised jaw, already rose from his position. His varsity jacket now covered in muck called food.

“Let me finish his and I’m good.” Chaeyoung said through gritted teeth.

“Are you sure? We’re gonna get in trouble after this.” Her voice worried but Chaeyoung knew she was ready to get a good-to-go to start.

“Positive.”

And now we’re caught up:

“Guess here we go again.” Seulgi muttered as she released her grip on Chaeyoung’s shoulder and spun around to swiftly kick at one of the jock’s stomach. Next thing Chaeyoung knew, her friends got off their asses and chairs can be heard scrapping as people around us scrammed away from the fight.

Jennie is definitely going to kill me for breaking her promise the hundredth time. 

Chaeyoung dodge when an arm swung at her by another jock and countered with a knee to his stomach and pushed him off towards the sides. Just after that, Jongin lunged hid body towards her and dragged them both crashing into a chair.

Groaning in pain from the rough landing.

“ing !” He pushed Chaeyoung’s shoulders down and punched her face hard.

Blood.

She could taste it in . Chaeyoung gritted her teeth seeing him almost landing another hit if it weren’t for her quick dogde causing his fist to connect with the floor and he winced at the pain.

The Rebel leader took this chance at the opening while he’s unguarded and elbowed the side of his head causing him to get knocked back. Getting up on her knees swiftly, she grabbed him by one of his shoulder to jab his throat hard. He chocked out and coughed when she did it.

She felt the blood dripping down her nose and wiped it.

“Stop it all of you!”

Jennie.

 “Call the prefects and teachers!” She shouted towards Jihyo who nodded and rushed out of the cafeteria.

Wow. She’s so pretty. Her hair looks so great today – did she curl them?

From her mere presence can stop Chaeyoung from doing anything. The Rebel leader managed to smile stupidly at the view of Jennie slow motion figure coming at her with a worried look. Trying to disperse the fight Chaeyoung presume.

Chaeyoung saw that Jennie was muttering something to her as her eyes slowly widened and then felt the air get knocked out of her as Jongin took a cheap shot on her stomach.

.

They tussled on the ground and everything became so blurry. Jongin once again above Chaeyoung, straddling her. But what made Chaeyoung worry wasn’t the hits she was about to receive, it was Jennie who was behind him trying to leech the jock off of Chaeyoung.

“Kim Jongin, get off of her!” She pulled at his arm, the one that wanted to up the Rebel leader’s face again.

Chaeyoung struggled her words out because one of his hands were cupping her neck, “Je-Jennie stay away!” waving her off.

Jongin was clearly pissed as he looked down on her and his teeth bloody as it gritted. He grunted at the hold Jennie had on him and lastly had enough.

What he did wasn’t what anyone expected.

The Jock stopped and finally back handed Jennie in the face and Chaeyoung’s struggle stopped all together. Her eyes widened in shocked. Jennie fell down to the floor holding onto her cheek and gasped. Every student body stopped as well.

“ off!” He shouted back at Jennie.

“Jennie!” Joohyun and Nayeon rushed to Jennie’s side.

Eyes never leaving Jennie who was now on the floor, Chaeyoung’s body shook. It shook in anger. A new level of anger that she didn’t know where it came from. She frowned hard on before grabbing onto Jongin’s hand holding her down and twisted it. Switching their position on the ground and his face planted on it. Chaeyoung placed her hand on his neck and the other pulling the twisted arm threatening to break it.

The Rebels who matched the anger Chaeyoung had were now riled up because they knew how much Chaeyoung cared for Jennie and seeing the Madam President injured was a no for them. This caused their attacks on the jocks more aggressive.

“Stop it or one swift pull and I’ll break your arm!” Chaeyoung spat and pulled threateningly.

He grunted, refusing to yield.

“Chaeyoung, don’t!” Jennie warned her, who was now holding onto her reddened cheek.

“Touch her or even look at her again and I swear to god I’ll – “

-

-

Jennie sat in between Jongin And Chaeyoung. Well Chaeyoung and Jennie were a seat apart while Jongin took the furthest one from them cradling his injured arm. Still intact and in one piece, just bruised from the strained and forced exerted upon it by Chaeyoung. Waiting on their turn to be called into the office. Usually it’d be both of them together but at times they’d be called one-on-one. The last biggest fight occurred got them suspended from school for two weeks.

All of them, the Jocks and Rebels.

That was where they were all caught, but this time Chaeyoung shouted for the Rebels to fled the scene quickly before the prefects and teachers could get ahold of them. The final plan was her taking the fall for it – saving them all from punishment.

Chaeyoung looked down on her black slack, tracing her fingers on the tear formed on the material.

Man these were new.

The ice pack situated nicely on her jaw where it was hit by Jongin. The last time Chaeyoung checked that a light blue and purple bruise formed but judging from the pain she guessed it’s starting to shade a bit darker.

Hissing.

She propped her elbows on her knees to support the weight of her throbbing head. The shove from Jongin really did a number on it. The headache increased at the thought of the teenage boy literally backhanded Jennie. If it weren’t for Jennie, Chaeyoung thought she could’ve finished off his arm.

Breaking it in more ways than one.

Chaeyoung sensed Jennie was… glaring at her. And she slowly tilted her head sideways. Just as she expected, their eyes connected and Jennie was clearly bothered.

Jennie had a lot to say, her emotions were running wild but before she could scold Chaeyoung who clearly broke her promise again – she just diverted her stare elsewhere with a tired and frustrated sigh. Clearly so done with it all.

Chaeyoung can see a bruise Jennie has on her cheek. It was light but present and it made Chaeyoung sick to the stomach that she couldn’t prevent it from happening.

Who can blame Jennie for being disappointed? If she was in Jennie’s shoes then she’ll definitely get tired of handling a bunch of people who use violence as a way of dealing with problems.

She had to say something… anything. And so the words she’ll always repeat were the first she can think of;

“I’m sorry…” The girl muttered in her hands, glancing at Jennie.

Jennie poked her tongue against her inner cheek and with her crossed arm she shook her head slowly.

“And for what? For you to fight later on again – just save it.”

“I broke our promise… but I just – I can’t stop reacting to that piece of over there.” Chaeyoung whispered with a strained tone.

“For ’s sake, Chaeyoung.  I’m not mad that you broke it, I’m mad that you constantly put yourself in that kind of situation.” Finally looking at Chaeyoung with desperate eyes. Her voice wavered and her bottom lip trembled causing her to purse them.

Oh god… is she going to cry?

“Do you know how I feel every time I see you get knock down and punched at? Do you know how what i think of when I see you bleed like that?” She gestured all of Chaeyoung.

“Scared and – and hurt. I – I could literally feel myself break at every hit you earn.”

Chaeyoung couldn’t take the watering eyes and the shaky voice from Jennie and so she looked aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter