V is very, very, extraordinary.

Love is mental.

Luna stood right in front of Johnny Liu’s door, frozen, unable to take one step and knock on the door. After she made herself comfortable in the hotel room, she received a text from Victoria, telling her to meet up with Johnny and ask him if he knew where Krystal or her dad might be, the tanned girl didn’t waste her time and hurried to a car rental near the hotel to follow the location the guardian sent her, so there she was, standing in the middle of the sidewalk, wondering if this was the right thing to do. When she laid foot on L.A, she couldn’t help but to rethink her decisions and her plans also. She was having second thoughts about confronting Krystal and she was feeling overwhelmed by the guilt that haunted her since she left Amber in her apartment.

But there’s no going back, Sonyoung, she tried to convince herself, but still, didn’t move a muscle. The short girl finally made a move, walking slowly to the steps on the door, ready to knock it. So she did. After almost a minute of waiting, the door opened, revealing Lui’s confused look. Although Luna was Amber’s ex-girlfriend, the guy never got a chance to know her, not since the tomboy was very secretive about her past and extended family, all Luna knew was based on stories Amber told her and she ultimately got a chance to meet Mrs. Lui only a while before their breakup.

“And you are?” Johnny asked, being careful not to open his door to a full.

“I’m Sonyoung… but you can call me Luna” She said, striking one of her beautiful smiles. “I’m Amber’s ex and I was wondering if you-“

“Well, how many exes is she going to bring to my place?” He complained, cutting the girl in front of him off.

“Excuse me?” Luna pretended not to know a single thing, when in reality she thought so it’s true, Krystal was here.

“Not so long ago, another ex came here. What do you need?” Johnny asked, slightly distrusting the tanned girl.

“May I come in?” The short girl asked, trying her best to look trustworthy.

“Yeah, why not”

Uncle Lui walked her to the same living room, giving her the same cheap coffee and putting on the table the same hard cookies as he did with Soojung. Luna roamed her eyes through the room, analyzing every single detail in the process, she saw a few family portraits, Lui’s subscription to ‘Handy Dandy’s make it yourself’ carpentry magazines and a few cigarettes here and there.

“So, what do you want?” He asked, sitting on the same spot he did when Krystal visited him.

“I’m not here to talk about Amber” She said, she figured that she could play all the cards and put them on the table to get the answers she needed right away, as she didn’t have much time left.

“Oh, I know that. That’s why I asked; What do you want?” Johnny made himself clear, sipping on his almost cold coffee.

“That ex, the one you said came by, where is she now?” She asked, going right to the point.

“How would I know? She just stayed for a few hours and then left without saying ” Lui answered, putting down his coffee cup.

“Don’t try to protect her, she’s not the good one here” The short girl snorted, amused by the uncle’s sarcasm.

“How can I tell who is the good and the bad one? She came here wanting to know about Amber and you are here to know about the girl’s whereabouts, I think it’s pretty clear” He smirked.

“You don’t even know the first thing about her, yet you are ready to kick me out just for being curious? How can you be so sure she’s not after Amber?” Luna backfired, making Johnny frown.

“And I don’t know the first thing about you, yet you’re here, sitting with me” The uncle said, accommodating himself on the couch.

“Where is she, Johnny?”

“Oh, so you already know my name” He said, surprised. This one is really prepared, he thought as he compared Luna’s behavior with Soojung’s. While Krystal seemed more clueless and calm, the tanned girl in front of him looks more sharp and desperate.

“I’ve heard about you, it’s not like Amber never mentioned you before…” The short girl said, trying to avoid giving him more information.

“Did she now?” He commented, squinting his eyes. “Look, I won’t waste your time. I never knew where they went, but this is Chinatown and there is only one hotel in this area, you should start by taking your questions there, not here” Johnny finished his sentence as he stood and motioned Luna to walk with him to his front door.

“I wish you could be more of a help” She said, putting her hand on the door, preventing Johnny from opening it.

“I don’t think what you’re doing is the right choice” He said, looking straight into Luna’s brown eyes. “Amber is not going to thank you if you take away a chance for her to make a decision. We both know what she’s capable of, so you better trust her on this one”

“She doesn’t know better, Soojung stabbed her, Johnny. Yet you’re embracing her like she’s some kind of angel to Amber” Luna sternly said, looking back at the man.

“Maybe she did stab her, but I didn’t see that girl, not when she was so concerned to know about Amber’s past, to try to understand her better” He said.

“If you think that I’m making a bigger mistake than her, then you’re the one who’s not choosing the right path”

“I would be lying if I told you that love is sane, and I think you know a lot about that since you came all the way from Korea to here just to scare Soojung off into returning to Amber” Lui said, leaning closer to Luna, trying to intimidate her. “Yes, I did my homework too” He added, upon seeing a confused look in Luna, who never said a word about coming from Korea. “Soojung really loves Amber and you need to move on if your place is to be a friend, not a lover”

“I need to take care of Amber, but don’t worry, this is the last time I do” She said, taking her hand off of the door.

“You need to let her go” Johnny said, opening the door.

“You forgot something”

Johnny and Luna turned to face the street, both surprised upon seeing the girl standing in front of a motorcycle.

“Me, ” She said, crossing her arms, upset.

“How did you find me?” Luna asked, walking down the steps and stopping in front of the very pissed off girl.

“And thank you, Uncle. I really appreciate the confidentiality” She mocked as she knew that probably Johnny had told Luna everything by now.

“Amber, how did you find me?” The short girl repeated herself.

“You are the worst liar ever, Sonyoung. Keep it like that and you’ll never be casted on Pretty Little Liars” The tomboy sarcastically said, leaning on the motorcycle.

“Just so you know, Amber. I didn’t tell her anything, that’s up to you… on the other hand, Soojung is the one who knows it” Johnny said, trying to give her an ‘I’m sorry’ look.

“Go inside, Johnny. I’ll deal with you later” Amber said, looking away.

“It was nice seeing you, kiddo” He said, as he disappeared into his home.

 Luna avoided eye contact with the tomboy as she knew how the other can get when pissed off. “Why?” The older asked while the younger couldn’t bear to look up to Amber’s eyes.

“I asked you why, Sonyoung” The taller repeated herself. “This is absolutely not your place to be making such decisions… decisions that actually affect me”

“Then just let her go!!” The tanned girl yelled, gaining attention from the people that were walking by.

“You betrayed me” Amber dramatically said, her eyes getting glassy. “What was your plan? Getting rid of Soojung by telling her to stay away from me?” She continued, slowly walking closer to her ex. “Taking away from me the only chance that I have to confront her… All this time I was going to Wendy’s therapy, I was trying to get better and yet you think I’m in no condition of making my own choices??” She shouted, inches away from Luna’s face who didn’t even flinch. “Speak woman!!!!”

“You need to calm down, Amber” The younger calmly said, lifting her arms to gently push the short haired girl back. “Listen I just found out where she might be, if you say you’re over her and want to confront her then fine, move your ” And with that the shorter girl motioned the taller to hop on the motorcycle.

Amber stayed still for a second, trying to process the things Luna just said to her. She came here expecting a fight, expecting for Luna to forbid her of seeing Krystal, but instead, the girl understood her feelings. Finally she hopped on the bike and followed the tanned girl’s instructions which lead them to the golden dragon hotel.

“This hole?” Amber asked, raising a brow. “This can’t be it, it doesn’t look expensive at all”

“Well I don’t think you’ld have time to check in at a fancy hotel if you’re on the run” Luna teased and the tomboy didn’t find it funny in any way. They walked through the barely illuminated lobby to the receptionist desk. The tanned girl faked a smile to the 40ish year old man sitting behind the furniture, watching breaking bad. “Excuse me?”

“Yeah?” The man said, not taking his eyes off the screen.

“We would like some information regarding one of your guests” She sweetly said, trying to work her charms but it seems it wasn’t working.

“I can not do that, illegal” He said in his broken English, eyes glued on the show.

“Let me try” Amber whispered as she approached to the counter and shoved a 100 dollar bill on the desk, then she proceeded to say something in Chinese that made the guy jump and finally make eye contact with them. The man frenetically searched and gave her an answer.

“What did you say to him?” Luna asked as they walked to the elevator, confused.

“I told him that if he didn’t accept the money and showed us the room I was going to call the police and file a case of money laundering” The older smirked, pushing one button as they waited for the elevator to take them to their destiny.

Amber looked at the digital display of numbers on top of the elevator’s door, she was starting to get nervous. Was it true that she had no more feelings for Soojung? What would happen when she sees her again? Will all her resolution break down to pieces as long as she gets a glance of those feline eyes of hers? No no, I went to therapy, I know I can’t save her anymore she thought. And indeed, that was the answer the tomboy needed, not even from Krystal, but from herself. She knew that she it wasn’t her role to save her, to feed her daddy issues by taking things too seriously and acting all possessive towards her. What Soojung needed to do was what Amber most likely would’ve done if she had one more day with her dad, the urge to connect with that fatherly presence made the tattooed tomboy change her mind. The ding of the elevator popped her bubble when it indicated they were on the right floor, she looked at Luna and the latter nodded.

They exited the elevator and carefully looked for the given number, as soon as they found it, they stared at the door.

“I’m knocking it” Amber said.

“Wait” Luna adverted as she pulled a gun from her back.

“What the , Luna?” The taller girl exclaimed, her eyes never leaving the gun.

“What? She stabbed you once, don’t give me that look” The tiny tanned girl backfired and the older rolled her eyes in annoyance.

She knocked once… no one answered.

She knocked twice… no one answered.

She knocked a third time and still… there was no answer.

“This was bull” Amber said. “I bet the motherer told me the wrong number”

“No, wait Amber” Luna said, looking to the carpet. “Look, there’s some kind of receipt or paper on the other side of the door” She continued as she squatted down to have a better look of the paper in question.

“Yeah, let me see” Her ex joined and grabbed the paper, revealing its contents.

It was a small note, addressed to ‘Jung’ “Bingo” The older said, passing the note to Luna so she could read it.

“So this is it? We just go to this Korean grill?” She asked, furrowing her brows.

“That’s all we’ve got” Amber said, rushing to the elevator and Luna followed her.

They quickly exited the hotel without saying a word and the older dashed to the bike as she hopped on, she then looked back to Luna. “Well, let’s go” She eagerly said.

“Okay, but where to?”

“The Korean grill, duh”

“Yeah, which one??”

Amber rolled her eyes. “The only possible well-known Korean grill, we’re in Chinatown…”

Luna mouthed an oh you’re right before hopping on the bike and after almost ten minutes they made it to the restaurant. Despite entering and roaming the whole establishment, there was no Jung and no Krystal in sight.

“God damn it” Amber whispered as she took her hands to her head, exhaling in frustration.

“Are they playing cat and mouse by any chance?” Luna asked, breathless from the rushed entrance.

“How would they know if we were following them? There isn’t a chance” The short haired girl said, exiting the restaurant. “Come on, they can’t be far” She said, already sitting on the bike.

The tanned girl rolled her eyes is this what you call not being possessive? She thought. “Amber, relax” She said as she climbed on the black bike. Amber starts the engine and they hit the road until the younger spots a familiar silhouette. “Stop the bike!!” She screamed on the top of her lungs.

“What?” Amber shouted back.

“Stop the ing bike!!!”

She pushed the brakes as Luna told her to do so, parking the bike in front of a small park, with two or three trees planted on the concrete ground. “What’s wrong with you? We could have-“

“Shhh. Shut up and come” The small girl said, hiding behind one of the trees.

“What the are you doing?” Amber asked, raising a brow. Has she gone crazy?

“Oh my God, just shut up and look over there” She answered, pointing at two people, standing there.

“Who is he?” The older asked, intrigued as she followed each movement they did.

“I have no idea, never seen him before”

“Wait, what’s wrong?” Amber asked, upon seeing them fight and seeing Soojung trying to let go of his grip. “Why is he doing that? I need to stop him-“ She finished as she try to walk out of their little hide out but Luna stopped her.

“Stay here you dumb ” She scolded her ex. “What if he has a gun?” She asked.

“Well you have one too so…”

“No! just shut up and keep watching, you’re going to blow our cover” The younger said, pulling back the tomboy to her original position.

“You need to stop watching those detective shows”

“Shhh” The tanned girl hushed her. “, she knows we’re here” She said, turning around, back crashing on the tree.

“Wait they’re moving” Amber said, following them close enough to hear the conversation.

“They went back to the restaurant” Luna said, her hands on her knees trying to gain back her breath.

“Get behind the tree” The older commanded as she pulled her ex beside her.

“No, where are they?” Amber overheard Krystal asking about what could only be the whereabouts of her father, for a split second, both girls made eye contact, Soojung acknowledged Amber’s presence and Amber mentally cursed while cold sweat ran through her face. This was it, the surprise factor was gone, demolished, destroyed by her careless actions, now Soojung knew she’s here and the tomboy didn’t have any time left to think, so she broke positions to slowly walk towards the only one ever, Jung Soojung.