Don't Dream It's Over.

Love is mental.

Hey guys!

First of all, I really want to thank you all who upvoted and subscribed to my fic, I had this project on hold for a while and now I got the chance to share it with you guys!

I hope you really had fun reading this first chapter of Love is mental, just as I had fun writing it! Thank you for bearing with me and the boring parts of the fic haha, I can make it up to you, I swear. Anyways, here is the chapter finale, I will be uploading the next chapter until September 16th mainly because my birthday is coming lol, and I will be starting my college exams also, so I wouldn’t be giving you quality nor quantity… BUT! Enough about me, let’s get to it.

Leave a comment! My favorite part of the day is reading your thoughts!

 

Five months passed by quickly, Amber asked her sister Jackie to let her work on their dad’s farmer company and the latter agreed. For the past three months, the tomboy adjusted herself in her new co-C.E.O job, she didn’t want to leave Jackie out of her position so sharing it was the best solution for both. Since Amber started to live the ‘parent’ life, she wanted to be sure that Hwa-Young will have a bright future, that she will be able to fulfill her dreams and have all the monetary help that’s possible. The job was easy, filled with paperwork though, but because she was the co-C.E.O, she could go home whenever she feels like it. Krystal was adjusting to her new lifestyle too, she started exercising, doing yoga, and attending business and marketing classes, as she never had the chance to actually work before. Every Friday she goes all the way to Seoul to have her therapy sessions with Wendy, she’s making progress but still seems like she’s dealing with some daddy issues, as she mentions the fact that she’s eagerly waiting for her father to contact her again.

Amber joins Soojung every Friday when she goes to therapy, she escorts her girlfriend to Wendy’s consulting room and then happily walks to Hwa-Young’s room. She greets the little girl and sometimes they go out to have ice cream, go to the park, watch a movie or so. Other times she will just stay there with her in the room, reading her stories or playing with her toys as Seulgi and Irene join them. After the therapy sessions, Soojung joins the tomboy and they spend almost the whole day bonding with their little girl.  

Life was really looking bright for the couple, even after the small encounter Krystal had with Amber’s mom.

🍂

Soojung stepped out of her girlfriend’s Camaro, looking at the big mansion before them. A week ago, Mrs. Liu wanted to know better her daughter’s girlfriend, so she had the brilliant idea of inviting them and Jackie to have a ‘ladies’ night’ at her place. Krystal was hesitant at first, but then Amber convinced her telling her that if they were to get married, it was better to know her mother now than later.

“Are you ready?” The tomboy asked her shaking girlfriend.

“I’m kind of nervous” Soojung sighed.

“Don’t worry, princess. I’ll shut them up if they get annoying” Amber said, taking off her jacket and placing it on Krystal’s shoulders. “I love you” She added and pecked her girlfriend’s lips.

Amber knew exactly that her mom was going to go hard on Krystal, and that inviting her to dinner was just an excuse for her to put up an ambiance of trust, this way Soojung would open up and her mom would end up roasting her non-stop. The tomboy shook her head and marched towards the huge gate with her girlfriend beside her, they entered the house and were greeted by Jackie, who was just as happy as her mother of seeing Krystal. Amber didn’t have common ground in this territory, her mother along with her sister didn’t like the Jung girl one bit, and it was for obvious reasons. Mrs. Liu held a grudge against Soojung because since the car incident Amber didn’t call her nor texted her even to tell her that she was now living in Busan, she found it weird that her poor youngest daughter was being manipulated by her, on a level that she wouldn’t call her anymore.

“Hey booger” Jackie greeted her sister and ignored Soojung.

“Hi, Jackie” Amber coldly said, upon her sister’s behavior.

“Thanks for having us” Krystal said and the older sister ‘uh huh’d her.

“My baby is here!” Mrs. Liu obnoxiously yelled as she came from the kitchen with a wine glass in her hand. She walked towards the couple and went for a hug but the two of them stayed still.

“What? I get no calls and no hugs from my daughter now?” She complained as Amber rolled her eyes and hugged her back.

“Mom, this is Soojung” The tomboy said, signaling to the girl next to her.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs. Liu” Krystal said, reaching her right hand out for the lady to shake it.

“I wouldn’t say the same” Mrs. Liu said and sipped her wine instead of shaking hands with Soojung.

“Mom, please behave” Amber said, rubbing her temple.

“Oh, so now you’re the one that gets to scold” The lady said, walking to the dining room. “Follow me”

The couple walked followed by a just as annoyed Jackie to the dining room, as they reached the table, Mrs. Liu signaled them to sit.

“I hope you’re in the mood for some cucumber salad” She said, grinning.

“Mom, are you serious? She hates cucumber” Amber said now rubbing the back of her neck. This is going to be a long night, she thought.

“Well then, she can have apple salad” Mrs. Liu said, looking directly to Soojung as the maids starting bringing the plates.

“For sake” The younger sister said as she turned to one of the maids. “Can you just bring her the main dish please?” She asked and the maid nodded.

“This won’t go unnoticed Amber Liu, she rejected my food” The lady said as she sipped more wine.

“Mom, she’s allergic to apples, what’s she supposed to do?! Eat them anyways just to please you?” Amber ranted.

“Well, that’s what a good daughter-in-law would do” Mrs. Liu said, raising a brow.

“We’re not getting married, jesus” The tomboy groaned and Soojung eyed her. “I mean not now”

“Can we just eat the food? I want this to be over” Jackie said, crossing her arms.

Mrs. Liu nodded and asked the rest of the maids to bring the main dish for everyone since Soojung wasn’t eating any salad. They peacefully ate the food until Krystal excused herself to go to the bathroom.

“Is that really your choice, Amber?” Mrs. Liu asked her as she wiped her lips on the napkin.

“Yes, mom. If you could give her a chance-“

“She’s a gold digger, Liu” Her mom cut her off. “I knew it since the first time you mentioned her, she’s going to take all of your money and leave you, you’ll see” She coldly said.

“She’s not like that. She really loves me” Amber assured but her mom wasn’t having it.

“Don’t come back with the tail between your legs if it happens then” The lady sternly said, the younger sister turned to look for her sister’s help, but Jackie agreed with their mom.

“You are the one who’s going to regret it. We’ll be raising a kid, and you won’t be allowed to see her if you don’t start to get along with the mother” The short-haired girl said, two can play this game, mother, she thought.

“A kid??” Mrs. Liu choked on her wine. “You wouldn’t adopt a child just to get on me” She continued, patting her chest.

“I’m not. She’s been my kid for two months now and I still won’t let her near you if you don’t start respecting Soojung” Amber sternly said as she stood up, she looked at the dining room entrance and saw Krystal approaching the scene. “Let’s get out of here, Soojung” She said, gently wrapping her arm around her girlfriend’s shoulders and exiting the mansion.

They got in the car and the tomboy rubbed her temple once again. “I’m sorry, princess”

“Do you think I’m a gold digger?” Krystal asked, looking out of the window.

“You heard us…”

“Do you think I’m going to run away? That I’m going to leave you? That I’ll take all your money?” Soojung frenetically asked and Amber reached out to cup her girlfriend’s cheeks.

“Hey, hey. Stop Soojung” She cooed. “That’s just my mom trying to get to you, don’t mind her. I know you won’t leave me, I know you’re not a gold digger” the tomboy pressed her lips against the other’s.

“But did you think that before?” Krystal asked, wiping her tears.

“I kinda did. But it was because I was scared, now we have Hwa-Young, I know you won’t leave us” the older assured while caressing Soojung’s cheeks with her thumb.

“Don’t worry, princess. The whole world can say whatever the they want, even my mother, but I’m not leaving you. I love you”

🍂

So there they were, cuddling on the couch, watching some movies. It is Saturday, Amber just got home from a little working session in the company and was having her well deserved free time. May’s sun hit the house, entering from the huge windows and sparkling on the white porcelain floor.

“How about we go to Seoul tomorrow?” Amber asked, arms wrapped around Soojung’s waist as she leaned against the tomboy’s chest.

“Are we visiting Hwa-Young?” The younger asked, watching the movie.

“I thought we could ask Wendy to let her stay next week with us” the tomboy said, playing with her girlfriend’s hair.

“I don’t think she’s going to let us, but we can try”

The couple stayed until midnight, watching movies, making out and contemplating each other the way they weren’t able to in the whole week. It was very important for Amber to let Soojung know that she wasn’t spending more time in the company because she wanted to, she needed to give Krystal her space but also remind her that she’s always there for her.

The first one to call it a day was the tomboy, she went to sleep as soon as the clock hit 12 o’clock, Soojung bided her goodnight and told her she was staying a little more to finish the movie and that she was going to bed shortly. She continued watching the movie when she jumped in surprise as she heard someone actually knocking her door. But… the Digi Code… she thought as she stood from the couch and quietly went for a knife -just for self-defense- she approached the door and opened it.

“Dad…?” She asked, looking with big eyes at the man standing in front of her.

“Can I come in?” He asked, but Soojung shook her head.

“Amber’s upstairs… she’s going to hear us” She said, walking out of the house, gently closing the door behind her.

“So you guys are still a couple?” Mr. Jung asked as he took a cigarette out from his pocket, put it in his mouth and lighted it.

“We’re planning on getting married soon” Krystal said, adjusting her sweater as a fresh spring breeze hit her.

“Congratulations, love” He said, blowing the smoke out. “Call me when you give me grandchildren, maybe I can come see them” The man continued, looking to the full moon.

“What do you mean you can come?” The ice-looking girl asked, looking at her father’s side profile. “I thought you were staying, dad” She said, disappointed.

“I can’t stay, Soojung. I don’t know who’s behind all of this” He said, finishing his cigarette.

“Behind what?... I’m not being followed anymore” Soojung said, furrowing her brow.

“I’m nearly bankrupt” Mr. Jung said, stepping on the cigarette as he turned to face his daughter. “Someone is sabotaging me”

“Since when…? What happened?” The younger asked, concern written all over her face.

“I didn’t run the business very clean… I had men doing twisted deals all over the world and sometimes they even got advantages, robbed people” He sighed. “The previous boss left a ing mess and I couldn’t let the company break into pieces just because I didn’t want to stain my hands”

“Let me help you” Soojung insisted once again, hoping for her father to let her do something this time.

“Worry about your family, Soojung” He replied, looking down at his daughter. “Let me take care of mine” He smiled. It was the first time in years Krystal saw him smile again.

“You don’t have to make a huge change for me… just let me help you in the Seoul’s headquarters” She pleaded.

“Jung Soojung, I said no” He said, looking away from his daughter. “Anyways, I just came to say goodbye. I’m leaving, and this time I won’t come back to Korea, love” Mr. Jung hugged Krystal.

“Don’t leave dad…” She sobbed. “I want you to be here… I want you to get to know Amber… I want you to meet Hwa-Young”

“Who’s Hwa-Young?” He asked, raising a brow as he broke the hug to see Soojung’s crying face.

“Your granddaughter…” She said, wiping her tears.

“Is she inside?” Mr. Jung said, his eyes sparkling under the moonlight.

“No, dad. But if you stay just one more day… you’ll get to see her” Krystal tried to convince her father, but he shook his head.

“We will have to meet another time then” He said, walking to the gate.

“Can I at least bid you goodbye?” Soojung asked, her glassy eyes never leaving her dad’s silhouette.

“Tomorrow, 8 am at Seoul’s airport” The man said and exited the house for good.

Soojung knew she didn’t want to step further into the relationship before even getting the chance to get to know her father, this time for real. She didn’t care if Amber was going to refuse, she needed to go with him, bond with him. At this point she knew why she wasn’t ready for Hwa-Young, it wasn’t because she didn’t know what to do or how to do it, it was that she desperately needed contact with her parents, she needed to feel loved as their daughter before she could even be a mother.

She closed the door as she entered the house, roamed every room, ran her fingers on all the furniture as she made it upstairs to the master room where Amber was soundly sleeping. Quietly, she walked to the closet and prepared the backpack she had from the first time she ran away with the tomboy. When she was done, she slowly approached to the bed and gently layed next to her girlfriend. “God, you’re going to hate me” She whispered as she caressed the latter’s short hair.

“Soojung?” Amber said in her sleep.

“Yes, Am” Krystal softly replied, now caressing the tomboy’s cheek.

“How was the movie?” She said with a husky sleepy voice.

“I love you” Soojung cooed, kissing Amber’s lips.

“Me too” The older said, wrapping her arms around the ice-looking girl.

Amber woke up at 5 am when she thought she heard the shower running, she rolled on the bed and realized Krystal wasn’t there, she stood up and walked to the bathroom door to confirm it. She found it weird that she was taking a shower at this hour, they were going to go see Hwa-Young until 10 am, what’s going on? She asked herself as she sat back on the bed. Before she realized, Soojung stepped out of the bathroom and saw Amber sitting on the bed.

“Go back to sleep, Am” She gently said.

“Where are you going?” The tomboy sternly asked, her gaze landing on Krystal’s backpack.

“It’s just going to be a little while Amber, my dad-“

“Are you serious?” Amber snapped, standing from the bed.

“He’s going away! I need to know him before it’s too late!” Soojung yelled.

“What the are you talking about? Stop getting in trouble for once in your life, Soojung!” The tomboy raged and went to grab her girlfriend’s arms.

“Don’t touch me” Krystal said as she freed herself from the other’s grip. “He can be killed, Amber. I need to let him know that I’m not mad at him, that I want him in my life”

“YOU CAN BE KILLED” The older cried, startling the younger.

“Stop screaming and just listen!” Soojung pleaded, tears running down her cheeks as she tried to calm Amber down.

“You can’t be serious, Soojung. What about me? What about Hwa-Young?” The short-haired girl faintly asked.

“I’m not going away… Amber please” She implored, putting her hands on the older’s chest.

“Your dad is dangerous… He can get you killed” Amber sobbed, putting her hands on Soojung’s cheeks, trying to make her reason.

“I need to go” The ice-looking girl said, taking her girlfriend’s hands off of her cheeks and walking to the mirror, then she fixed her hair before grabbing the backpack and walked downstairs.

“Soojung”

“Soojung”

Krystal heard Amber pleading as she walked after her, but she ignored the tomboy and kept on walking to the living room, checking one last time the items in her backpack. She took out her pocket knife and placed it in her jeans pocket, I’m really going to need this if I’m taking cabs in Seoul, she said to herself as she remembered the time she wanted to run away but the crack heads stopped her and kidnapped her inside of that wicked crack house.

“Soojung, please look at me” Amber said, grabbing her girlfriend by her right arm and swinging her to see her face.

“Stop it, Amber. You’re hurting me” The younger said, pulling her arm out of the grip but the tomboy just squeezed her tighter.

“I’m not letting you go” She said, now hugging her tight.

“ off, Amber. Seriously, stop!” Krystal adverted. She was starting to get on her nerves, the ice-looking girl was fed up with Amber’s overprotectiveness. She started punching the older, fighting with her to gain her freedom with just one goal on her mind: make it in time to catch her dad. It was useless because Amber was stronger than Soojung, she started feeling really angry and panted uncontrollably as she kept on fighting the other. Her head went white and all she could hear was her sister Jessica mocking her, laughing at her weakness, she tried to shake off the feeling but it was futile, she was way too into her trance that she had no other option.

“Soojung wait-“

 

 

 

She cried as she pulled the pocket knife out of Amber’s body. The tomboy hit the floor, grasping her abdomen in pain as her tears slowly fell. With trembling hands, Soojung texted Luna to call 911 and before Amber knew it, she was gone.