Chapter 3

Twice A Fool

"You..." She repeated and suddenly pointed her index finger at him. "...You're the girl from the café!" 

 

His eyes blinked twice in confusion. 'Huh?'

 

"Remember, last week. We bumped into each other?" 

 

His mouth just opened for an answer. 'What the hell is she talking about?Didn't she recognized me?'

 

"At the café, you accidentally spilled my drinks on my dress so you let me borrow your new bought clothes?" She again tried to make him remember the scene that he never had.

 

'Someone so clumsy spilled a drink on her...' He just nod slowly as he tried to see the whole picture.

 

"Do you remember it now?"

 

'Nope.' "Y-Yeah." Smiling awkwardly he gave her a thumbs up.

 

"I though you forgot." She sighed in relief and smiled sweetly to him. "I'm really thankful that you let me borrow your newly bought clothes that day—oh wait, speaking of..." She rush to her luggage and get something from it.

 

He rubbed his nape. "I-It's partly my fault... I think." He's guessing that Mina's 'encounter' with him has something to do with his evil twin sister—clues are all over the page and clumsiness is definitely one of it.

 

"Here." She handed him a paper bag. "Luckily I bring it here with me."

 

He opened the paper bag and see a pair of signature clothes. He secretly snorted. This confirmed his conclusion. 'Its definitely Jaeyoung's.'

 

"By the way, I haven't formally introduced myself to you yet. I'm Mina, Myoui Mina." She said and offered a handshake to him.

 

His eyes go back and forth to her hand and to its owner. "She really didn't recognized me, huh?' He hesitated for awhile but eventually accepted the offer. 

 

As their hands touched he found himself in a deep thought staring at the hand he thought he'll never have the chance to hold again. 

 

'It still feels the same...' A memory of him holding this same exact hand suddenly flashback to his mind. 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Chaeyoung mischievously smiled as an answer. Seeing his seatmate trying hard not to show her annoyed face really gave him pure entertainment. Their class just ended and the girl was supposed to leave her seat when he held her hand to stop her.

 

"Chaeyoung!" She tried to lower her voice. Mina consciously look at their busy classmates inside their classroom. 

 

"What? I'm just holding your hand." He said and to lift their hands together but before he did Mina pull it back under the table so no one could see. 

 

She tried to resist but she can only do nothing with his firm grip. "Will you please let go of my hand?"

 

"Nope." He shook his head and flash a smile at her

 

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Stop fooling around, Chaeyoung. You—"

 

"Let's have a date." 

 

"What?!" Her eyes widened to her surprise. She felt blood rushing through her face because of his sudden suggestion.

 

"Let's have a date. You. Me. On a date this coming Saturday."

 

"W-What? No! Why would I want to go on a date with you?"

 

"Well, everybody wants a date with me..." He simply answered and wave a hand to one of their female classmate who just bid a goodbye to him. Smiling, he then return his attention to his seat mate. "As I am saying... I'm just thinking, maybe you want it as well but you're just too shy to ask me. So, since we're friends, I'm giving you the opportunity."  He winked his eye as he said the latter.

 

"Since when we are friends?! You!—" Mina look at him in disbelief! Her face almost turned into her favorite ketchup and Chaeyoung can only laugh about it on his mind. "You're unbelievable!"

 

'Ah. How I love to .' "Minari, you don't really have a choice here. You're going to a date with me."

 

"No way! I don't want to go on a date with you!"

 

"Reject my offer then..." To more he slowly leaned towards her until their face are only an inches away from each other which made the girl nervous and uneasy. "...I would never let go of this hand. Never...." he then moved back with his known devilish smile. "...You don't want that, right?"

 

"Argh!" She massage her temple in frustration and laid her head on the table with her forehead touching the table. "Why are you always making my life miserable?"

 

He chuckled. "Come on, Minari. A date won't hurt you right?"

 

She groaned and took a glance of their hands under the table.

 

Chaeyoung copied Mina as he also rest his head on the table facing her. "Or maybe you just really love holding my hand like this?" He teased again and gave a little pressed on her hand. "Wanna hold hands till forever eh, Minari?"

 

'This guy!' Still laying her head on the table she turned her eyes to him only to see how the guy seems to be having the time of his life while she's here seemingly helpless.

 

Another groan was heard from his seatmate. Chaeyoung can't help but to chuckle while he noticed how Mina's ears flared up into crimson. To his amusement he followed her movements as she suddenly sat up straight to her defeat. "Fine! I'll agree to have a date with you. Just let go of my hand and don't ever bother me again!"

 

-

 

Chaeyoung averted his eyes to the owner of the hand he's holding right now. "I-I'm Jaeyoung." He tried not to stutter.

 

"Nice meeting you, Jaeyoung. Can't believe we'll end up to be roommates."

 

"Trust me, girl. Me neither!" He awkwardly laughed while putting his hands on his chest. 

 

Mina giggled and amusingly stares at him. "By the way... I've been wanting to ask you this.."

 

'Oh God Jihyo, help!' "Ask me what?..." He said while forcing a smile.

 

"You know... Ever since I saw you at the café I thought you were someone I knew... You really look like him—just a female version though."

 

'"Uhmm... Him?" He tried to look confuse.

 

"Yeah. Are you somehow related to... to Son Chaeyoung?" She curiously asked. 

 

He faked a cough. "Ah! Him. Y-Yeah! His my handsome twin brother." He acted surprised. "What a really small world it is!" Feels like he really need to leave this room right now. This girl might recognize him any time soon if he keep having a conversation with her. 

 

"Yeah, it is a small world indeed." She nod as she agreed.

 

"You know, people really say that me and my brother really resembles each other a lot—like a lot." He tried to emphasize the latter to convince her into their scheme. "So yeah, please just get used to it—Oh!" A phone call suddenly interrupted him. 'Thank goodness!.' He get his phone from his pocket and look at Mina with an apologetic face. "Sorry, phone call. It must be something important. I'll excuse myself first then." He excuse himself and rush out of the dorm.

 

"Annyeong, oppa!" It's Jaeyoung.

 

"Jaeyoung! This is crazy!" Trying to lower his voice his feet went fast phase as he tries to find a quiet place so that no one could hear his conversation with her sister.

 

"What happened? How's your first day? Did you blew it already?" 

 

"I didn't!" He said and lays off under the biggest tree in the university. "But one of your roommates is someone I knew back when dad threw me in Japan!"

 

"Did she recognized you?"

 

"Surprisingly, no. She didn't recognized me. She thought I was you."

 

"She knows me?" 

 

He shrugged. "Well, she told me that you two bumped with each other and you poured a drink on her last week. H-Her name is Mina. Do you remember her?"

 

"Mina? No, I don't. Plus, my clumsy always bumped into a lot of people almost everyday Chaeyoung, how am I supposed to remember her?"

 

"What if she recognized me afterwards?"

 

"Relax. She thought I was you, right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"As long as she think that I am you, it'll be fine. Just act as planned and just avoid talking to her or just avoid her at all."

 

He massaged his temple. This situation is giving him a headache. "Let's see... I'll do the best that I can."

 

"Good. I have faith in you, brother." 

 

'Faith in you, my !'

 

"And just to remind you, please always take notes of all the lesson during the class. Send it to me through email, I'll review it."

 

"Yeah, yeah sure."

 

"One more thing, Chaeyoung. Listen..." 

 

His eyebrows furrowed. 'What is it this time?'

 

"...You're sharing a room with two girls, can you please, just please don't you dare do anything unnecessary."

 

"What do you mean unnecessary?" 

 

"You know what!" The other line said as if she's already stating the obvious. "Son Chaeyoung thing? Your 'thing'?"

 

"Yah! I don't do such things—whatever the meaning of that 'thing' is." 

 

Jaeyoung seems to be contemplating whether to believe him or not on the other line. She just sighed before she speaks. "Sure, whatever. Just keep that in mind. And keep me updated to what's happening, okay? By the way, I really need to hung up now. Bye!"

 

"Wait, I—"before he even start a sentence Jaeyoung already left the other line.

 

He sighed deeply. This disguising thing is going to be crazy as it already is now.

 

-

 

Trying to give himself a break to think about his situation right now, Chaeyoung spent his time outside the university. It was almost midnight when he came back. He want to make sure his roommates will be already asleep as he came back to the dorm.

 

"..." he muttered as he found out that the gate was already lock. Feels like he's really running out of luck these days. 

 

Growling in frustration he decided to do what the normal Son Chaeyoung would do in this kind of situation. He looked around trying to see if someone will see him. 'Clear.' He then grabbed the fences and make his way to climb the gate to get to the other side.

 

A proud smile formed to his lips as he successfully enter the building. He made a stop when he finally got in front of their room's door. 'Are they already sleeping?'

 

Trying not to make sound he opened the door slowly and peeked his head first to see if his housemates were already in their deep slumber. He looked at the creepy girl bed and to his other roommate. 'Confirmed.' He sighed in relief.

 

Making a light steps he took a shower first before deciding to go to bed. Wearing his wig and pajama he was about to climb up to his bed when his eyes find its way at the sleeping girl that is just under his bed. 

 

He found himself staring at the angel in slumber. His eyes travels from her eyes down to her small pointed nose then next to her lips that always seems to be soft and... kissable. He suddenly closed his eyes and shook his head to brush off the thoughts that is coming to his mind. 'I should go to bed now.' He reminded himself and went straight to his bed.

 

Minutes has pass but Chaeyoung can't seem to sleep even changing his sleeping position didn't help him. 'Damn!' He frustratingly face the ceiling and blew up the fake hair that was covering his face. Afterwards he lift his left hand and stares at it at the moment. 'Why the hell do we have meet again in this situation, Minari?'

 

 

"H-Hey! I've already agreed to have a date with you. Can you please let go of my hand now?" 

 

Instead of receiving an answer from Chaeyoung she heard silence. He was still resting his head on the table while staring at their hands under the table.

 

"Chae—W-What are you doing?" Mina stuttered and suddenly went speechless as she watch her seatmate's sudden actions. 

 

Without Mina's permission Chaeyoung decided to slowly guide her hand to intertwined with his together. Eyes focusing on those hands under the table he carefully lifted their hands together. 

 

His always visible dimple noticeably deepened as amusement in his eyes was clearly visible. "Minari... look, it looks better together, don't you think?"

 

 

 

-

 

©️kgi_stories