Chapter (3) : My saving grace

The Mafia's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun

 

The night felt longer than usual, probably because she was back, my bride was back. But it seemed like I've got more to think about. So many thoughts clouding my troubled mind. I've waited for 13 years to have Hana returned, but I also have to make her stay, mostly after knowing the truth about her adoption story.

Hana is a lady with a strong will, she might want to leave and never return to me. I might lose her forever.

 

I tossed the blanket above me aside and sat up. I can't let things slip through my fingertips just like that. She's mine and I have to make her stay, no matter what means I have to come up with.

I picked up my phone from the table beside my bed. I think it's time to tell Sooyoung, Kang's wife, about her daughter's return. My parents kept the poor woman hidden, safe and healthy for so many years, protecting her from her worthless husband, by creating a fake accident scene 24 years ago just to save her from her hell like marriage.

 

She was the only friend my parents had apart from Daehyun that valued more than family.

Because of their friendship, My parents and Sooyoung got Hana bound to me immediately after she was given birth to. It's important to update her about her daughter's well-being, after all she's a woman I love so much, I regard her as my mother.

But as promised, I can't tell Hana about her Mom being alive and the fact that she's betrothed to me.

 

The phone kept on ringing, but no one answered. I glanced at the clock, and just realized that it's past 2 a.m. She might probably be sleeping. I have to admit that I was a bit too carried away with my thoughts that I didn't really pay attention to the late hours.

I placed my phone back on the table and lay back down, tomorrow is going to be a great day, and I have to make a Hana stay at all cost.

 

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Hana

 

Sleep was never so friendly to me, but tonight I wasn't in a good mood to even have my eyes closed for a single moment. I felt so stupid, I believe every damn thing Baekhyun said to me. His story might be pathetic, but it might also be all lies, and I fell for it without thinking straight.

 

I pace front and back in my room with a clouded mind. I came to have my revenge and get back my mansion, but as it appears, I don't even know what the truth is anymore. I've suddenly become a handbag tossed around.

I need to know the truth. I need to know the truth if my parents were so evil as Baekhyun claimed, I need to know if what Baekhyun said is the truth or nothing but all lies.

I let my slide down against the soft bed, at that point I know how tired my body was. I gave in to the tiredness by laying down, and soon I was fast asleep.


 

A sound of gunshots woke me up, it wasn't like another normal day, I guess. I jumped out of the bed and rushes over to the window, but everything seems fine. I looked around, but nothing suspicious came in sight, but the gunshots kept going on and on. I stepped into my slippers and rushed downstairs with my transparent old nightgown, tracing the sound of gunshots as if I was being lured by an unseen voice.

 

I saw Jongin walking into the mansion with a gun in his hand and I quickly made a halt, avoiding the eyes of the blond.

"What do you want?" He questioned, his tone deep and dry.

 

"Nothing," I said without looking at him. He slapped me yesterday and I will never forget that, but there's a time for everything though. But right now I need to know what's going and why the gunshots.

I scan my eyes around the living room in search of Baekhyun, but he wasn't insight, and the sound of gunshots suddenly ended.

 

"Looking for me?" I heard the familiar voice from behind me, and I spun around swiftly and gaze upon the staircase.

He had a gentle smile gracing his lips and I felt like slapping that smile of his face.

"Why would I?" I questioned in a sarcastic tone.

 

"Excuse me?" Jongin interrupted me. He held me by my left arm and forcefully pulled me over. "Do you actually wish to die?" he asked while glaring dagger at me. Of course, if looks could kill, I would've been long dead, but I'm glad it didn't.

"Who wishes that?" I questioned, looking at him directly in the eyes. He chuckled evilly and lifted up his gun.

"Jongin!" Baekhyun called in a toned I've never heard ever since I got here. It sounded like that of a wounded lion.

 

"Let her go this instant."

Immediately Jongin did as he was told and he walked away after giving me a glare of warning.

I looked at Baekhyun and smirked before fixing my old nightgown properly on my body.

"Why yelling at him, Baekhyun? After all, he's just like you, heartless."

 

"Really?" Baekhyun stepped down and approached me, but he didn't hit me, but rather eyed me from my messy hair to my neck, and then to my and he let his eyes trail down to my waist, and he smirked.

"Heartless you say?" He reached out his hand and brushed my hair off my face, but I quickly flinched away from his touches and stares. I felt so to his eyes and it really pissed me off.

"Then let me show you how heartless I can be." He stepped closer to me and grabbed my waist. He pulled me to his chest a bit forcefully and my roughly brushed against his hard chest.

 

I felt so irritated been in his hold. I tried to push him away, but it was impossible.

 

"Let me go this instant." I gave him a cold stare. But he chuckled.

"I really don't see anything funny about this. Let go of me now." I said dryly.

"And what if I don't?" He asked, and before I could make out a word, he slowly trailed his fingers from my waist down to my thighs, caressing my skin softly. His touches felt so strange to my body, probably because it was the first time someone is touching me, mostly the person I hate so much.

 

"You will be sorry Baekhyun," I muttered the words and at the same time struggling to get free.

 

"Make me sorry." He whispered while staring at me in the eyes.

That was the limit, I've had enough of this nonsense. How dare he touch me without my permission? Is he mad? who the hell does he think he is to touch me.

Filled with anger, I folded my fist into a ball and I sent a sounding slap with my free hand to his cheeks, and immediately he let go of my waist and I quickly made a move.

 

"You son of a !" I yelled, "who the hell do you think you are to touch me? Are you insane?" I questioned sarcastically, giving him a cold stare, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer. He changed. something about him suddenly went off and all I could see was a monster, no, the devil himself.

 

"Don't.." He choked out, his tone dry and scary. "Don't ever lay your finger on me again. I may be gentle or soft with you, but that doesn't mean I will tolerate your nonsense." His grip on my arms tighten and his gaze even scarier than it already is. I felt my body trembling in fear, and I whimpered at the sudden pain overwhelming me.

 

"Don't wake the demon in me, you will be sorry, very sorry." He pushed me aside and trailed off, leaving me behind in pains.

"I hate you Baekhyun, I hate you so much." I looked at the buries on my arms and a tear slid down my cheeks.

I arranged my nightgown properly and went back to my room. I have to find out the whole truth first, then I will get done with my mission here.

 

I went into the bathroom for a quick shower, and when I was done, I walk over to my closet and pick one of my old outfits. A black V-neck shirt and black jeans with a pair of my old black converse. These were the only outfit I normally wear back in Mexico.

 

I left the mansion with the excuse of getting some food and stuff. On my way out, I overhead two bodyguards discussing the shooting training they had this morning, and for some reason, I felt stupid for even rushing down to the living room or believing in Baekhyun's words. I will search for the truth, and when I'm done, I will make Baekhyun pay.

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 

I shivered, the cold wind touching my skin. I never knew that Seoul was this cold. I am currently walking towards nowhere. I have no idea about where I'm heading to, but I just need to leave the mansion. I need answers to my unanswered questions.

I kept on walking around, trying to get any clue about my adoptive parents or real parents, I was just so confused that I had to make a stop.

Where actually was I going to?

I questioned myself, standing in the middle of nowhere along the open roadside, but I suddenly saw two familiar faces. The face I can never forget.

 

I blinked twice, thinking that I might be hallucinating, but then I wasn't. It was all real. Jack and William from Los Cabos in Mexico are here in search of me

"." I quickly backed away, running for a hiding spot or place, just anywhere that will prevent me from being seen by them. I know these people too well, they never liked me mostly William and Jack, well same goes for him. Boss Alberto loves me more than his very own right-handed man William mainly because I do bring on the highest income at the end of every month.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter