making peace

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

Park Chanyeol stayed the night at their house as requested by the old man and he obliged. During his stay, he had played with his niece and learned that her name was Yeona. 

For the first time since he became a designer, he found young girls adorable. Usually, if he would guest in a kids fashion show, he always find kids bratty so he's actually not very fond of them. 

Well, the works of blood and flesh.

He had also catch up on life with his sister while her daughter was asleep and for the first time in years, he felt like he hasn't left at all. 

He left for the city the next day with a promise that he will come back when he gets the time to. 

And this time, he's definitely keeping that promise. 

--

"Yah, Kyungsoo-yah, don't tell me you're really just going to play with that, eat up." Jongin, Director Kim's son said after a long while of staring at the CEO's son, who doesn't seem to have a plan of stuffing his self. 

The younger regarded him with a bored look and the older raised one brow at him as if coaxing a response from him. At this, Do Kyungsoo finally sighed, turning his chair to face the glass wall behind him as he closed his eyes in frustration. 

"I'm sorry, I just tend to get distracted these days," he mumbled hearing a snort came after. 

"After that day," the younger stressed out the last word, reaching for the abandoned cake with his fork. "By the way, if you're not eating this, I will." 

The older only answered with a nod, training his gaze outside, his mind somewhere else. 

"And now, on the stage. The piece and design of contestant number 15! Please give the model a big round of applause!"

Upon hearing the upbeat music signalling the start of the ramp, Kyungsoo looked up, focusing on the far end of the stage. He was ready to clap his hands when the model comes out but who he saw made him froze.

Walking towards the center of the stage, the girl held her head high along with a smile on her face training her sight at the far end of the stage where the judges sat and she froze. 

Almost immediately, her huge smile dropped and the hands that were on her hips dropped as well. He was shocked to see her at the center of the stage but he held her gaze. 

Seeing how she suddenly stopped her movements, everyone else in the hall stopped too. Murmurs and hushed whispered combined altogether drowned the background music. 

All of a sudden, the model crashed down on the floor as she let out an ear splitting scream, a group of people crowding over her and a tall guy (whom he supposed as her designer) running to her rescue before she out. 

--

Hana was busy feeding the cut half of the lemon in the juicer when she heard their doorbell ring. She rolled her eyes, who the heck would bother her at this time of the day. 

She might not admit it, but these days, since she fought with the giant, she found herself frowning and getting annoyed more often. She shook her head to shoo away those thoughts. 

"I'm coming!" She hollered before quickly approaching the sink to wash her hands when the doorbell rang again. She paused so she could roll  her eyes before she hollered again, "I said I'm coming! Wait up!" 

But the incessant ringing did not stop, not until she opened the door harshly, ready to shout at the intruder (visitor) and she stood frozen in shock. 

She blinked several times before frowning finally, "what are you doing here?" She hissed. 

--

Hana glared at the tall guy from across the table. She still couldn't find it in herself to relax upon seeing him outside their door earlier that day. 

He surely have some tricks up his sleeve, and she's not going to fall for it. Not anymore. 

"What do you think you're doing?" She glowered. He continued eating nonetheless, shrugging his shoulder. "Making peace." 

"Did you really think that you could buy me with a samgyeopsal?" She arched one brow at him and he smiled cheekily at her.

"No." He smiled sweetly this time, before dropping it to glare back at her, "it was you who ordered this one," he hissed. 

She looked away, embarrassed, before coughing awkwardly. "So, what do you want to say?" She asked instead, suddenly finding interest at the pedestrians passing by the side of the restaurant. 

"Just eat for now," Chanyeol uttered before eating his share of food again. Subtly smiling when he caught her off guard just a while ago. 

Soon, the awkward atmosphere was forgotten, and both relaxed their shoulders finally.

But after a while, the guy found himself gawking at the girl across him. 

Hana chomped on the food while Chanyeol just stared at her, incredulous. Just how....

Seriously, she eats like a trucker. 

If other models would be asked to celebrate after winning an event, almost all would probably take it in moderation. But this girl is different. She's already on her third round, eating and eating that the guy could only gawk at her. 

Is she for real?

"Aren't you stuffed yet?" 

She looked at him quickly before shaking her head, reaching for the lettuce beside Chanyeol.

He nodded awkwardly, his vision following her hands. "How about you? Why aren't you eating?"

Chanyeol looked at her, incredulous. Just how am I supposed to eat?! You're chomping down everything!

"I'm full." He smiled the smile that he used often times to show sarcasm. She nodded. 

He studied her from her current  actions, wondering if she had always been like this even before. Leaning back on his chair, he let another distant memory on his mind as the girl was busy chomping down everything. 

--

Seoul, 2012

"Mm, I'm going home. After the contest!" Chanyeol grinned upon hearing her giggle. 

"Why are you so competitive?" The old woman teased and Chanyeol could only grin even wider. 

"No, really! I promise. I'll go home after winning the contest." He lost his grin immediately. "So, just hang in there, alright?" He mused in a soft voice, afraid that he would actually choke a sob. 

The other line answered with a hum and he wondered just how much talking hurts her. "It hurts a lot, isn't it?" He asked, his eyes b with tears. 

"No," there goes another chuckle. 

"Just come back immediately, okay?" 

"Okay."

--

"By the way, you just might be interested. My name's Yejeong. Song Yejeong!" 

She glared at him one last time before turning on her heels, jogging from where she came from, leaving the tall guy behind. 

Park Chanyeol sighed, wiping both his hands on his face before studying the disappearing girl. He knew he shouldn't have detonated like that, she didn't do anything wrong. He was just simply frustrated by a lot of things. 

Going the other way, around, the tall guy soon reached the dressing room. He found it odd though when his girlfriend immediately stood up from her seat, looking worried, his phone on her hand. One second and Chanyeol knew that she's bringing bad news. So with quick strides, he walked over to her, snatching his phone away. 

--

"are you done yet? Its getting late." 

She shook her head again. He almost bang his head on the table because of her answer. 

--

"Thanks for the meal today" Hana bowed at the place after getting out, following Chanyeol who was grumpy. He stopped walking to frown at her. 

This girl, really. 

Straightening up, she smiled at the guy when she turned to leave, seeing him frozen. 

"Why?" He shook his head, before sighing, turning to leave. 

She immediately ran to match his steps. "Chanyeol" she called. He answered with a him, still not looking at her. 

"Why are you living alone? You told me before that you got kicked out of your job. Why?" She inquired, trying her best to match his big steps as she looked at him. 

At her question, Chanyeol stopped. The girl could never be more thankful for this. She looked up at him, expectantly. "Well..." He started. 

Hana raised her brows at him, indicating for him to continue. Chanyeol thought for a while,then smirked before looking at her. 

"Well?" Hana repeated. 

"Have we made up?" He arched one brow at her. She scoffed at him ready to get mad when he cut her off. 

"I got tired." Chanyeol looked at her curious expression which immediately turned in confusion with his answer. He smiled. 

"Satisfied?" He asked, then walked away again. 

Hana looked at the ground, frowning. Upon realizing that he was walking finally, she looked up to see him walking away, she ran towards him. 

"Wait for me!" She hollered. 

That night Park Chanyeol took note of how she seemed to be so worked up with the idea of them making up. 

~end of chapter 15~

A/N: I know it's a mess, I'm not myself too. But I'll promise to work things out soon. For now, it's that. 

Chaotic, right? 

So the guy Hana saw was actually Do Kyungsoo. But wait, did you see any hints there? Like did you? That hint actually would hint you to the next development of the story hehehehh. (Not sure if that's good to be considered as a hint tbh. But oh well hahaha)