Chapter 2

My Familiar Stranger

 

Mina kept thinking about what happened earlier, who could forget something so random, so bizarre, so beautiful and amazing all at the same time? She still felt guilty, she blames herself for making her cry, though she was that certain but what else can make the woman cry except frightening her for being such a creep.
As soon as she reached home, she texted Sana about the mysterious pigtail haired girl and Sana immediately went home just to know Mina’s tea.

Sanaketozaki: CALL!

Ballermina: Wait I’m changing-

But Sana didn’t read Mina’s text and called the younger Japanese. She picked It up and just gave up on putting some clothes on. She lied on her bed with only her underwear and listening to Sana’s shrieks.

“You done?” Mina said bluntly which made Sana giggle.
“Okay okay okaaaaay, so, what happened?”

Mina calmly explained to Sana what happened, in full detail. After all, every second of the scenario was on replay.

“So in short, you fancy Miss Pigtail Hair girl?”

“I just met her and you’re already jumping to conclusions” It’s impossible to fancy someone you just met, especially to Mina. But, she doesn’t want to admit to herself how much that woman gave her these feelings. As much as she wants to forget, she can’t. There’s something different with that person, she thought, and she hated how much a stranger could mess her up.
“Well you did say she is really beautiful, so of course I would say that you fancy her,Mina. You don’t say that often, in fact, this the only time I heard you say that”
Mina could hear Sana internally shrieking
“Its still weird that she cried in front of me, I feel bad maybe I scared her or something”
“Or maybe she cried because she also saw such a beautiful woman, and that’s you Minaring ~ “
Mina scoffed, Sana’s flirting skills will never ever affect Mina, and she did try to flirt with her during middle school, but failed. Sana swore a curse to Mina that she will never get a girlfriend. Maybe it’s the reason why Mina is still single because the curse is probably true.

“Don’t flirt with me Sana, its disgusting” 
“Well excuse you Myoui, my pickup lines worked so many times, so screw you!” 
“I don’t fall easily, Minatozaki” 
“Ohohoho, we’ll see” 
-
The next day
-
Mina was at their dance studio, practicing. Most of her friends in class are resting, but not her. She always wanted everything to be perfect. That’s how all things work for Mina. She would keep practicing until her feet gets sore.

“Okay everyone, class dismissed” their mentor announced and everyone sighed in relief. Including Mina. After practicing at her University, she changed her clothes and hurriedly went outside to go to her favorite café. It was a perfect cold afternoon, a cup of coffee will quench her thirst. Rainy season was back, and Mina couldn’t wait for some alone time, read a book, binge watch, play video games. All alone.

As the opened the door, she went to the counter and ordered her usual, and Americano and cinnamon bun. The café had so many customers today, luckily her favorite spot was still available. She was enjoying her day, when she saw a couple on the seats in front of her. She sighed and moved her attention to the window, she was getting bitter.

“I think I’ll ask for a take out, then everything will be better”
Mina gently stood up but then she saw a hand knocking on her table. She looked up and her world stopped.

“Um, excuse me?”

Its her! Miss pigtails. What is she doing here? Is she going to report me to the cops? Is she-


“Is this seat taken, Miss?” the woman smiled that made Mina calm her own storm. The smile was so welcoming and warm. Mina could only nod slowly and sat back down followed by the latter. Now Mina is back with handling her internal storm, now what? She can’t think of anything to do, how to start a conversation with the woman, 3 minutes has passed and Mina still has her head bow down, not even flinching, even if her Americano and cinnamon bun is in front of her.

“Miss?”

 
Oh


Mina finally looked up at the woman, hands and lips shaking


“Y-yes?”


Mina cursed herself for stuttering, now she feels even more awkward after stuttering and squealing a bit.


“Your food is gonna get cold if you keep your beautiful face down all day” 


Now Mina doesn’t like pickup lines, but how dare this woman who just made her heart skip a beat. Mina now looking like a tomato, gently picked up her Americano and stared at it.

 

Okay Mina, its time to apologize, you can do it. Say sorry, and then tell her that she's hot- wait wait NO!


“I’m sorry, I think I’m making you uncomfortable, Miss” Mina lifted her face and saw the sad expression on the latter. Now she’s really guilty.

“No no, its not that, its just…”

“Just? I guess you really like staring at the table and the coffee”

“Well, do you think you’ll let me stare at you instead of the table and coffee?”


Mina was shocked with her words. Who knew she can flirt naturally. The latter didn’t flinch, but only smiled at Mina.

“That would be nice, but you need to know my name before you can stare at me, Myoui Mina”


“Wait how did you know my name?”


The woman pointed at Mina’s chest, in which the latter covered it. 


“I’m not being a ,okay? You still have your ID on”


Mina slowly removed her ID, and apologized to the woman. 


Damn it Mina, why are you so awkward


“Fine fine, yes I’m Myoui Mina” she reached out her hand to her, the latter smiled


“And you are?”

The woman held Mina’s hand, and Mina couldn’t stop her heart from beating so wildly

“Momo. Hirai Momo”

-