Chapter 1

My Familiar Stranger

"Yes,Mom, I already bought the groceries"

Mina was on her phone, talking to her mother. Every now and then Mrs. Myoui calls Mina, living far from her daughter must be tough, but Mina doesn't seem like she is struggling with the distance.

She's currently staying in Korea for about 5 years now, studying in a foreign country is not a new thing for her, since she was born in Texas. She's there to study and master ballet, Mina loves dancing, especially that specific genre.

Just make sure you don't burn your apartment down, okay sweetie?

Mina chuckled and hummed

"I'm going to cook now, call you later, I love you"

She gently placed her phone on the counter and at the window, city lights flashing back at her and the cold wind hitting her porcelain skin. A deep sigh escaped from her lips, she was getting tired, tired of being alone in her apartment

"I'm so bored, I should call Sana"

She picked her phone up again, but as if on cue, her best friend is already ringing her phone. As Mina answered the phone she could already hear the loud bass coming from the other side. 


“I see that you’re at your 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚, Satang”


“And I see that you are so 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙙, Minaring”


Sana loves going to clubs, Mina is the one who stays at home to play videogames. Some people get,
surprised because the two are really close, despite their differences, they’re inseparable since childhood.

“I’m not surprised that you know” Mina sighed 


“Well you always get bored at this hour, Mina. Why don’t you just come here and party with me?”


“You know that’s not really my thing”


“Awwww, well, if you ever change your mind though, the girls that I talked to you about are still here”


“Please don’t tell me you gave my number aga-“


“WHAT? I CAN’T HEAR YOU" a nervous laugh from Sana. Mina knew it was Sana’s fault that she was getting anonymous calls earlier


“Minatozaki”


“BYE MINA I NEED TO GO AND HAVE FUN”

Mina appreciates Sana’s concern about her love life, she did try to flirt a couple of times but failed.
She glanced at the view once again, and decided to head to the nearby park. She picked up her coat and keys and went outside to enjoy the night breeze.

-
𝙰𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔
-
It was already 10 pm, a perfect time to walk around the local park. Mina usually goes here just to waste time alone. Sometimes she even knits hats and scarfs on the swing.

“It would be nice to walk with someone right now- geez Mina what are you saying” 


Well, Mina isn’t that bothered that she doesn’t have someone to share her apartment with, but, it would feel nice to have something new in her apartment, someone who will play videogames with her, someone who will comfort her whenever she feels home sick. Someone…

“Someone is here..”

Mina carefully walked towards the swing set, and here she thought she had the park all to herself.
There was a young woman sitting at her favorite spot, staring at the night sky and has her hand raised up as if she was aligning the stars with fingers

Mina has seen most of the faces in her neighborhood, but this woman was different. Her hair was tied up in pig tails and is black as the night sky, her figure is fit, and her face, Mina could only stare at it. She has never seen such beauty, as exaggerating as it sounds.

“Who are you,Miss?”

The pigtail haired girl looked at Mina, which shocked the ballerina. She didn’t notice that she said her thoughts out loud and caught the woman’s attention to her.

“I-I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be a creeper-“

The woman stood from the swing and walked towards Mina, she didn’t know what to do, now that she can fully see the woman’s face and body she just stood there, paralyzed

“M-Miss..” 
Mina could only utter, the woman was a few inches taller than her, her gaze was intense and then softened. Mina waited for the woman to scold her or something, but she only stared back and tears fell down her glistening eyes.

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to frighten you” Mina bowed then turned around and ran away.

The pigtail haired woman could only watch as Mina’s silhouette disappear, and she smiled softly as she grasped her locket

“I…finally found you..”