Chapter 7

My Familiar Stranger

Momo’s POV -

After the call I got lost in my thoughts. Jihyo is right, she’s not the Mina we know, the Mina that we met years ago, and the Mina I love. But still, the fact that she is Mina is enough.

-12 AM

I reached my room and flopped my body on my bed. Sana was on the sofa watching her favorite kdrama , so she probably didn’t notice me enter. Suddenly the living room fell quiet. She must be going to bed.

I’m too lazy to close the door.. I think I’ll let it open for the night. Now time for a goodnight sle-

“HEY YOU!”

Bold of me to think that Sana will just leave me be. Of course she’ll ask questions about me and Mina 

I sighed and faced her with her puppy eyes staring back at mine

 “Nothing happened between me and Mina, you happy now?”

“Now how can I be happy if nothing happened between my two best friends?”

"Now hold on, since when have I been your bestfriend"

"It doesn't matter how long it took! All that matters is you're part of my little circle"

I flopped on my bed again and she continue to annoy me for 5 more minutes

"Yaaaaaah Momorinnnng" This Minatozaki is more annoying than the one back home

"If I call you my best friend, will you please let me sleep?"

She finally fell silent and nodded like a child

"Okay then! Goodnight Momo" and just like that she left my room and did me a favor for closing my door

As much annoying as she gets, I adore her positivity. I guess all Sanas have that. And hey, even if she doesn't consider me as a bff, I would still treat her like one.

I tried to sleep once again, but now sleep has left my system.

Dang it

I sat back up and tried to make myself fall asleep. I did some stretching, some curl ups, pushups and planking. As sweat ran down my neck, and knees shaking, my body is probably steaming from the heat of the work out, yet nope, sleep really abandoned my body.

Should I blame Mina for making me stay up?

Maybe. She's half the reason why I can't sleep.

But, also Jihyo's Cygnus. I don't really take it off, I even take it in the shower as she told me that its water proof and shock proof, and she made sure that I really shouldn't so that others won't steal it, misuse it and even discover its real purpose. The design of it is a good disguise anyway, others think it’s just some fancy watch, I mean, I got fooled myself or I'm just really dumb. You can see an entire galaxy in this, like there is a video playing in it that is playing in a loop. Stars sparkling all over with different hues. It’s still amazing that Jihyo was able to create such technology. Well I saw it coming anyway, the heiress of the Park Tech Company was able to invent a mind blowing device, its so Jihyo.

I should probably think of a souvenir for her. But I hope one souvenir is enough for lending me the Cygnus.

 

Project Cygnus, the multiverse traveler.

-

"You should come with me tonight Momo!"

Early in the morning and Sana is already thinking about clubbing tonight

 Is this her only a hobby?

"I promise it'll be fun, pleaseeee come with me"

"Are you going to use me as bait for other girls too?"

"Oh no no no, I only have my eyes to one specific bartender and she's going to be there tonight"

I guess it’s not a bad idea to go clubbing. Sana did point where she goes almost every night, its quite close. It'll be easier for me to bail out if ever I get bored.

Kidding, I can't leave Sana she might get drunk again

"If I can't convince you I'll invite Mina over-"

"No need Sana. I know she's not great with crowds"

"Oh? So she told you about it too huh?"

Not exactly.

I always knew she never liked crowds. I can't even imagine her at a club, feeling uncomfortable. 

"Uh yeah"

I think its time I have an alone time with Sana. She did sulk at times because she thinks Mina is my favorite.

Okay fine, Mina is sort of my favorite penguin in the world, but I want to show Sana that I treat my close friends equally. And I miss going to clubs, it’s a place where I can get high then dance like an idiot like the crowd does.

Sana gave me a pat on my shoulder and told me the she had errands to go to. It was fine by me, I like being alone at times. Perfect time for me to order some jokbal for myself!

"Hey Momo" Sana stood by the door

"Yeah?"

"You’re old enough to drink right?"

She already forgot that I’m older than her..

 

-

 

And it was night time already. Time flies so fast, its like I was only eating my jokbal back at the apartment. And with a blink of an eye, poof, we’re now lining up to the club and I feel my heart beating extatically as I hear the loud bass inside the club.

Should I get wasted tonight?

“LET’S GET WASTED TONIGHT!” Sana hurriedly ran inside while holding my hand.

This place..

It’s so huge! It’s as big as a basketball court, any DJ can have a concert here and get tons of money here

“Now just follow me Momo, you’ll definitely get lost here"

Its only 10 pm, and the amount of people on the dance floor is already more than I can count. Sana went through the crowd from left and right, she went to all sorts of direction but I only did what I was told and just followed her. She did me a favor and held my wrist as it gets more crowded on the way. After 5 minutes of walking through, we finally reached the bar. It was on the second floor where you can have a great view of the party at the first floor, I swear my body was aching all over after that walk.

I looked at Sana and she was already seated at the bar, trying maintain her composure.

“Stop the acting, being calm and elegant doesn’t suit you”

I sat beside her and I think I startled her for a second.

“S-shh, she’s coming right here, do behave Momo” I was starting to get uncomfortable with this Sana I am facing right now. Her energy earlier was like some teenage girl who got her first love letter.

“Hi Sana”

And there, I saw Sana sweat and blush beet red. There wasn’t much lighting at the counter but I can see her cheeks lit up.

I'm guessing this is the Tzuyu she spoke of.

She’s really tall, taller than Sana, her voice was a bit raspy and she has a bit of an accent, probably not really from here. Has dark brown eyes and pitch black hair and her posture is spot on, body as straight as a pole. Can’t really relate to that cause I can’t keep my posture and uality straight.

“H-Hey Tzuyu-yaaaah”

Cha cha! Real smooth

“I want you to meet someone!” Sana placed her hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to her. The tall girl looked at me and nodded her head, I did in return and introduced myself.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Momo”

“Chou Tzuyu, so are you guys just friends or are you guys a couple?”

Right off the bat.

“WE’RE JUST FRIENDS!"

I never seen Sana answer so quickly, she made sure all of her googly eyes were focused on Tzuyu I think this is how I looked like when Mina is around

A giggle from the tall girl and she offered me and Sana a martini

“I was only teasing, Sana, welcome to Straightn’t Club, Momo-shi”

I held the martini glass and raised it a bit to Tzuyu

“Thank you for serving us free drinks, and please just call me Momo”

“Oh, I think you have mistaken, Momo”

“Eh, but I thought clubs offer free drinks when it’s your first time in it” The two laughed at me cause of my clueless mind.

“If that was ever such a thing, I would love to go to other clubs I haven’t been to then” Sana patted my back and praised me for my joke.

Which it wasn’t.

“I like this new friend of yours, Sana” The two smiled at me while I still have this confused face.

Then it hit me, things here don’t work they I am used to. I still have a lot of things to adapt to.

“But hey, that’s not a bad idea though, don’t you think Tzuyu?” The latter nodded after wiping the other glasses

“Who knows, maybe it’s a thing in an alternate universe”

“Woah, then Momo is probably from another universe then? WoOoOOoOoh” Sana teased me Tzuyu smiled and placed some chips on the counter

“Yeah Momo, you’re probably from a different world” We all had a little laugh after that I

t’s funny, cause it’s true.

-

Time flew by and the whole place was shaking with the vibrations of the speakers downstairs. We had a few more martinis and vodka but I can confidently say...

That I'm drunk as

Sana invited me to dance and I took the invitation with joy. The feeling of every beat running down my spine. It was nice, clubbing is nice. I missed being happy and just enjoying the moment. When was the last time I felt so alive? I feel so high right now, I feel like I can do anything.

Anything huh..

Mina..

After some flashes of lights hit my eyes, I felt so dizzy like the world was spinning The beats were now a pain in my ears. It kept ringing loudly.

Momo..

I heard her calling for me.

Mina, wait

She kept calling my name

 The crowd is annoying.They were standing in my way

Let me through, she’s calling me.

Momo..

A glimpse of Mina at the edge of the crowd, its her, my Mina.

For s sake let me through..

I see her, still looking as vibrant as ever

Mina please, stay there, I’m almost there

Momo..where have you been

.

.

.

.

“MOMO!”

What the..

I woke up and was back to the bar with Sana and Tzuyu beside me. My head pounding so much, I feel like vomiting Yet my stomach feels hollow. I'm so hungry, thirsty, dizzy, all in all very ty.

"What happened? Is the party over?"

I tried standing up but Sana insisted that I stay put. I was also wearing a different shirt, did I spill my drink?

"You fainted, after.. vomiting on yourself"

Bingo,humilitation

"I'm sorry for the mess, Tzuyu.." I tried lifting my face to her, but my head kept spinning.

"It's alright, Momo. We're used to it" She rubbed my back then placed a cup of water beside my head and medicine to help my throbbing head.

"You were quite the dancing machine earlier" Sana lifted the cup along with the medicine and waited for me to drink it. A few minutes has passed, Once the spinning stopped I was now able to lift my head

I then drank the medicine and the two made sure I was alright.

"Did I cause any trouble?" They both looked at each other, and I knew I did something embarrassing

"Um..Momo, you kept shouting Mina's name" they both snickered a laugh

Bury me alive please

I had my face on both of my palms. This was the first time I went clubbing for a while, in a foreign place, and this is the experience and memories I get.

"Oh god.."

"It's fine Momooo, I'm sure Mina will find that adorable"

"Except the part where she almost got into a fight" Tzuyu scratched her nape remembering the scenario

You've gotta be kidding me

"I did?!"

"Well, you kept pushing other people because you wanted to go to the corner, thenb one of the girls got pissed and almost punched you in the face" Sana made sure to keep me calm and told me I had no bruises.

"Its a good thing Tzuyu apologized and made her calm down"

"Yeah, so don't get drunk again,Momo. I should probably ban you from drinking here"

Oh don't worry, I won't drink anymore

 "Oh c'mon, Tzuyu-yah. I find Momo adorable for not fighting back, instead she just kept whining about Mina"

"Stop. t's not adorable"

I pulled away from my hands, I suddenly realized that my wrist felt light

Where is the Cygnus?

I bolted up and started panicking

"Hey hey, Momo calm down"

"I-I can't my uh..my watch is missing"

"Oh, you mean this?" Tzuyu pulled it out of her pocket and gave it to me gently. I sighed in relief and grabbed it. "Thanks, I thought I lost it" "Thats an odd watch though" Tzuyu stared at Cygnus for a while then went back to cleaning some glasses. Weird. Her stare, its like she knew what its purpose was. Maybe I'm still drunk and its just all in my head

"We should head home now, you need to lie down and take a rest"

"Can I come with you guys? I mean the club is closed and my shift is done" Sana nodded shyly

I vomited, almost got punched in the face, hallucinating and most likely to turn viral with all of these. 

And now, I'm third wheeling 

What a night indeed

 

-