the first mommy (1/2)

THE KIMS

Ryujin - 7

yeji- 9

Dahyun - 24

Mina - 25

Sana - 26


"Mina?"

Letting out a soft groan, Mina turned to her side trying to regain the sleep she was just pulled from. A small hand shook her again, finally pulling Mina from her sleep. She opened her eyes to see Ryujin staring back at her, holding her bear close to her neck. Mina sent her a groggy smile, "Hey Ryu, what's tha matter?"
A particularly loud roar of thunder sent the child diving into her arms and Mina didn't even have to question why anymore.  Mina just scooted closer to a snoring Dahyun, and lifted up the blankets so Ryujin could burrow herself in the blankets with her. "Are you scared?"

"I don't like thunder. It's too loud." Ryujin pouted, laying her head on Mina's arm. 

"What about your sister?"

"She is asleep."

"Her and Dahyun could sleep through anything." Mina hummed, running a hand through Ryujin's hair. Another crash of thunder hit, sending Ryujin cowering deeper into her arms. Mina just smiled and brushed the girl's hair back behind her ear. "You wanna know what Grandma Wendy told me one time?"

"What?"

"That thunder is the clouds bumping into eachother."

"Clouds can do that?" Ryujin asked, slight amazement evident in her tone. A gentle smile on her lips, "Then why is there light?"

"Because...because when they move away from each other they smile."

Another loud boom, had Ryujin tensing up in Mina's arms, "I wish they would stop. They need to go around eachother."

"It's okay Ryu." Mina whispered, closing her eyes, "just try to go to sleep, if you go to sleep the clouds won't other you."

"Okay." Ryujin slowly closed her eyes, snuggling closer to Mina. 

"Goodnight Ryu."

"Goodnight Mommy."

Mina's eyes shot back open, and she prayed to whatever up above that Ryujin couldn't feel how hard her heart was beating. Mommy. Ryujin had just called her Mommy. 

.

"Where's Yeji?" Ryujin asked, stretching her neck trying to get a good look at the field. Unfortunately for Dahyun, the girl doing that started to shift her center of gravity, leaving Dahyun desperately trying to not drop the girl in her arms. 

"She's with her team bub." Dahyun hummed, and Ryujin nodded. She rest her head back down on Dahyun's shoulder as they followed Mina and Sana up to a suitable spot on the bleachers to watch Yeji's soccer game. Momo had suggested signing her up for a sport to try and help get some of her energy out. The logic was to tire her out so she couldn't argue with Mina as much. While it didn't really work, and Yeji still loved to give Mina a hard time, she did seem to enjoy playing a lot and even had made some friends on the team. 

When Mina finally sat down, the game was starting. Mina turned to Sana, a teasing smile on her face. "How'd that date go?" Mina asked, tearing her attention away from the soccer game. Yeji wasn't on the field so she didn't really care right now. She turned to Sana and the woman just shrugged.

"It was okay, I guess."

"Is there going to be a second date?"

"I don't know."

"If she wouldn't date you, I don't know what's wrong with her. You're the full package. Hell, if I didn't have Dahyun I'd date you." Mina giggled, turning back to the game. Yeji was running out onto the field, nearly tripping over her own two feet as she tried to chase after the ball. 

It was a shame Mina had turned away at that moment. If she hadn't, maybe she would've seen Sana's expression. Maybe they could've avoided what came in the future. But she didn't, but Dahyun did. She sent Sana a questioning look, as the woman stared at her wife. Sana seemed to snap out of it, head turning to the field, joining Mina in cheering. 

"THAT'S MY BABY!" Mina cupped her hands on either side of her face trying to amplify her usually soft voice. Yeji was running towards the goal with the ball, before finally kicking it. And it went in. The small family in the stands went ballistic, cheering. The rest of the game continued like that, until it was over and Yeji's team had one by a three goals. They collected there stuff, and started making their way over to Yeji before the girl came sprinting over to them, and excited smile on her face. 

"Hey Mom, can Lia and Chaeryoung cone over? We want to play with the board game Auntie Tzuyu got me."

Mina stopped moving, staring down at the kid. Yeji had never asked to have friends over, which Mina didn't really mind. She always just assured her if she wanted to she could invite some over. But that wasn't what shocked her. Yeji didn't even realize the title had slipped from , comfortable and natural. Opening and closing a few times, Mina struggled to find the words, "What?"

"Can Lia and Chaeryoung come over?" Yeji repeated, and Mina slowly nodded her head. A smile spread across her face as Yeji ran away to tell her friends. Mina slowly turned around to face Dahyun and Sana who wore the same shocked expression.  

"Did she.."

"...just call you Mom?"

"Yes."

"OH MY GOD!"


i originally had a Wendy/Mina kinda angsty backstory planned, however with the news of Mina's diagnosis I thought something light and fluffy might be good. You know good vibes. 

also wait for part two of this chapter with Dahyun and the girls

let me know what you think

~taeroj