mini-golf & ice cream [ Dahyun ]

THE KIMS

Ryujin - 7

Yeji - 9

Yeri - 16

Dahyun - 24

Mina - 25

"Okay Ryu, so you just have to hit the ball into the hole." Dahyun instructed, holding up her own small putting club and swinging it gently to show the youngest, "Just remember to hit it-"

The youngest nodded, widening her stance and looking down her club to the small hole no more than five feet away. She swung back, and hit the ball. 

"... gently."

The ball soared past the hole, bouncing off the wooden barrier, and flying into the small stream on the other side. Dahyun sighed softly, walking over to grab the small net to scoop the ball out of the water. 

Mini-golf and ice cream seemed like a good idea, especially since Mina and herself were struggling to get the girls to open up and listen to them. Mina has suggested it after Momo told her about it a few weeks before hand, and Dahyun agreed, taking the girls on a sleepy friday night. She thought it would be packed but the course was pretty empty, save for a few random highschool kids. Both girl's had been quite well behaved throughout the game, save for Ryujin's raw power while striking the ball. 

Dahyun successfully fished the ball out of the next, shaking it off a few times and wiping her now wet hand on her jeans. She presented the baby pink ball to Ryujin, who placed it on the ground and tried to hit it again, getting closer just not completely in this time. Sparing a quick glance over at Mina and Yeji, a smile spread across her face. Yeji had her club ready, face scrunched up in concentration as Mina laid her hands on her shoulders helping her practice to make the shot. 

Mina's hair was cut short, and died back to black from the ginger she used to keep it a few years prior, but his her hair under a black baseball cap, paired with her pair of faded jeans and oversized white t-shirt, with sleeves stopped at just before her elbow, tucked into them. Yeji had her hair in pigtails (having practically begged Mina to do them before they left), a pair of black shorts on and a blue long sleeved top. Dahyun took a glance at Ryujin who was now inches away from the hole and just could not get it in. Ryujin was wearing a similar outfit to her sister, except a dark green shirt instead of blue, with her hair in a loose pony tail. Dahyun herself was just wearing jeans and a light oversized grey sweatshirt.

"There you go!" Mina encouraged as Yeji finally hit the ball, and it rolled right into the hole, she gave Yeji a highfive, before retrieving the ball from the hole and handing it to her, "See, I told you you would get the hang of it."

"Yeah, but it's the last hole." Yeji grumbled, a bit disheartened, "now we go home."

Mina shook her head, resting her own club over her shoulders, "we have one more thing planned for tonight."

That grabbed the attention of both girls, the sadness of the mini-golf ending immediately forgotten as the both practically stormed Mina. "What is it?"

"Hmm, I don't know if you two were good enough for it." Mina looked like she was deep in thought, turning to Dahyun and sending her a playful wink, "What do you think Hyun?"

"Hmm, I don't know." Dahyun played along, a smile twitch among the corner of her lips, "What do you two think?"

"We we're really good!" Ryujin exclaimed, and Yeji nodded in agreement adamently. 

Mina smiled and nodded, "okay then I guess we can still do it."

"What is it?" Yeji asked.

"You'll see when we get there." Dahyun responded, putting a hand on her shoulder. Both girl's let out a groan at that, earning a chuckle from the foster mothers. Mina squatted down and let Ryujin hop on her back, as they returned the mini-golf materials to the small shack that housed them and walked up the hill to the large renovated barn that served ice cream. Dahyun watched as the kid's faces lit up with recongnizition, and they got more and more excited. 

"What flavor do you guys want?" Dahyun asked, looking down at Yeji who had her hand firmly grasped in her own. 

"I want strawberry!" Ryujin announced, resting her head on Mina's shoulder, letting her arms dangle on either side. 

"I want chocolate." Yeji stated as well, trying to peak into the small room they kept all the ice cream, but was just a bit too short to actually look in. 

"Ew, look who it is." Sounded out as soon as the door to the window swung open, Yeri standing on the other side with a smug expression on her face, "go away."

"Excuse me, I am a customer." Dahyun exclaimed, playfully scandalized before rolling her eyes, "You finally got a job."

"Indeed, now what does you want?" Yeri asked, before offering a smile to Mina and a wink, "Hello Mina."

"Stop fliriting with my wife!"

"Hey Yeri," Mina smiled, adjusting her grip on Ryujin  Ryujin wants a strawberry, I assume Dahyun does as well-"

"You betcha!"

"Yeji wants a chocolate, and I would like a cherry."

The teen nodded writing all the orders down, "Mmmhmm, and what size?"

"Smalls for all, we had a big dinner."

"Okie." Yeri hummed disappearing into the back for a minute before returning with the four cups of ice cream, sliding them across the counter. Mina paid for the cups quickly and they waved their goodbyes to Yeri, walking out to the small rock wall. Mina let Ryujin down, and sat beside her, Yeji in the middle, and finally Dahyun. The four sat in relative quiet, save for Yeji and Ryujin's quiet occasional chatter or laughter but for the most part it was peaceful. Everyone was tired, it was starting to get late the sun had set a long time go. 

Dahyun took a spoonful of her ice cream and looked over at her wife, who had Ryujin leaned up against her and was reaching over to wipe some ice cream that had splattered on Yeji's cheeks with her spare napkin. They had only gotten the sisters a few months prior, and Mina never ceased to amaze Dahyun with how well she adjusted and could read the foster children. Dahyun had her own reservations and insecurities about raising actually living children, but Mina could usually talk her down and help her calm down. 

Yeji eventually ended up leaning against Dahyun, mirroring Ryujin, and slid her hand into Dahyun's. Dahyun looked up and locked eyes with Mina whose eyes held nothing but complete and utter love and adoration. 

Dahyun figured she must've saved the nation in her past life to be so lucky as she is now.


Welcome to the Hireath sequel, instead of writing one long cohesive story I think these are just going to be a lot of random drabbles that aren't in order and will be from the primary perspective of one character

hope you enjoyed this first one

let me know what you think

~taeroj