Do You Mean it?

A Promise Is A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

I was alarmed by the sound of the emergency button from Serene's necklace. Serene have been suffering from bad asthma since she was three. But since she really wanted to have a normal childhood like any other kid, I choose to trust her. I let her play on her own but she's not allowed to go far from our house and she have to wear that necklace where if there's an emergency she'll push it then I'll be able to track her with my GPS. I immediately took my phone, bring the first aid kit and started running to her location. I usually know where she goes so I'm not really worried that I won't be able to find her. When I first checked on her location, she's just on that spot where she usually is but when I looked again, she's moving.

"What the hell is happening here? Why is she moving so fast?"

When I went to her location, I immediately asked if there's a little girl that was having a hard time breathing earlier and people said that a lady grabbed her and bring her to the nearest hospital.

"What the hell is she thinking? If something happens to my daughter, I'll kill her." I checked on my phone and they stopped at Harp Hospital which is good cause that's where I always bring Serene.

I'm almost crying when I went to the info office and asked for Serene. I immediately run to the ER and talked to the doctor.

"Doc how's Serene?"

"Oh Ms. Bae, she's fine now. It's just a normal attack. What happened? I thought that the necklace emergency button is perfectly working?"

"Oh yes, it is. But one lady just grabbed her and bring her here. I don't know what will I do if something happens to her during those times."

"Oh well. It works perfectly fine cause she was brought here in time." Even though the doctor said that, I'm still upset. She clearly knows that the mother of that child wasn't there so she should have waited and not just decide on her own. I get it that she wanted to be a good samaritan but sometimes you gotta know your limit.

I immediately asked the nurse who brought Serene here and she pointed at a lady who is busy talking with somebody. Why does her back seemed so familiar. I tapped her shoulder and as soon as she faced me, I slapped her face real hard.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled. She was totally upset with what I did but it was changed right away with a surprised face when she recognized me. "Ire---Irene?"

I was so surprised as well but then I get so mad afterwards. "Seulgi?" I've never thought that I'll meet her again after so many years and in this situation. Ughh

As soon as I mentioned her name, she cried. Her tears just poured out like it was never ending. I know from the start that those tears were real and seeing her like  that breaks my heart. , why do I still feel that way? Ever since, her tears were my weakness but after all the things that happenned I thought I'll never feel anything towards her. I don't know but I felt like crying as well seeing her body..my gosh, she lost so much weight and I'm 100% sure about it. Her eyes looks so tired..her skin looks so pale, did I do this to her? But she deserves it right? I mean she broke my heart when she choose to break up with me. I thought that she's gonna help, accept and understand me but she choose to believe on those lies and when she found that I was saying the truth, it's already too late like I can't trust her anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter