Epilogue

A Tale of Two Packs

"I'm going to miss our late night talks," Wooseok said suddenly as he sat at a table at Moonbin's coffee shop with Seungwoo and Jinhyuk. "Ah, those were fun," agreed Jinhyuk. "I wonder how the werewolves are doing?" Asked Wooseok. "According to Byungchan they are doing very well," said Seungwoo. "He joined their pack for a bit to make sure they're doing fine anyway," he added.

"It's a shame," said Rocky as he walked over with their drinks. "Dami was working up the courage to go see you with us," he said, placing their drinks down. "Ah, sorry, I just couldn't stay with them when an opportunity like this came up," said Wooseok. "It's understandable," said Rocky. "Moonbin will be over to talk to you in a minute," he said before walking back to the counter to get the other drinks for the other tables.

"I heard you were asking to become a member of my pack," said Moonbin as he walked over, sitting across from Jinhyuk. "I was hoping you'd accept me," said Jinhyuk as he took a sip of coffee. "Well, you're Rocky's brother," hummed Moonbin.

"Why not join Wooseok and Seungwoo here?" He asked. "They specifically asked for Wooseok," said Jinhyuk. "And I can't stay in the other pack much longer anyway," he added. "I was only with them thanks to Wooseok," he said. "If he left earlier then I would've left with him," he said. Moonbin hummed. "You know the rules of being in this pack right?" He asked. "As long as I'm working I can stay in the pack, yes," said Jinhyuk.

"Have you worked at a coffee shop before?" Asked Moonbin. "No, but I'm a quick learner," said Jinhyuk. "If worse comes to worse I'll be dishwasher or something," he said, earning a snort from Moonbin. "We haven't had a dishwasher in ages," said Moonbin. "But I suppose," he hummed. "If I accept you, you start tomorrow," he said. "And Rocky will help you make drinks," he added. Jinhyuk looked relieved. "Thank you," he said. Moonbin nodded, getting up. "If you need me I'll be in the back," he said, walking back to the backroom.

 

~



"So who are we meeting?" Asked Wooseok as he looked at Seungwoo as they sat down at a table at Moonbin's coffee shop again. "Seungyoun and the new alpha," said Seungwoo. "I think his name is Yohan," he added. "Okay, cool," said Wooseok. "I don't remember much about Seungyoun but I know he's a wolf 'shifter," he said. "Friendly guy if I recall correctly," he said. Seungwoo hummed, nodding slightly as they heard the door chime.

"Er, welcome! What can I get you?" Asked Jinhyuk as he was manning the register today. "Was told to ask for the usual," said Seungyoun as he handed over the money. Jinhyuk nodded, processing the order and handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, nodding his head to Wooseok and Seungwoo's table. Seungyoun nodded, turning and spotting Seungwoo and Wooseok. "That's them?" Asked Yohan. Seungyoun nodded. "Let's go say hello," he said before walking over. Yohan followed after him, sitting down across from Seungwoo while Seungyoun sat across from Wooseok.

"Long time no see Wooshin," Seungyoun said, grinning. "As friendly as ever," Wooseok said, the corners of his lips going up in a teasing grin. "So Yixuan disbanded his pack huh?" He asked. Seungyoun nodded, sighing. "It was expected to be honest," he said. "We weren't doing much, and Wenhan left to help out another pack," he said. "Mm," said Wooseok.

"Ah, I am Yohan," said Yohan as he held out his hand for a shake. "Wooseok," said Wooseok as he shook hands with Yohan. "I heard you needed me to help you in leading a pack," he said. "I do," said Yohan. "I just want advice from you, you won't be bothered unless something big comes up," he said. Wooseok nodded in response, looking deep in thought.

"You said you had a beta around our age, what is his name?" Asked Seungwoo. "Hangyul," said Yohan. "He started changing before the second world war started," he said. "What animal is he?" Asked Wooseok. "Wolf," said Yohan. Wooseok blinked, a far off look appearing in his eyes before shaking his head. "Okay," he said.

"What animal do you think I'll be?" Asked Yohan. "You smell like bear," said Seungwoo. "Yep," said Seungyoun. "I don't smell anything, but it might be due to the two of us having the same scent," said Wooseok. "Probably," said Yohan.

They turned when the door chimed, and in walked Hwanhee with the twins, Dongmyeong and Xion. "Hey you three," said Jinhyuk. "Hello," said Hwanhee as he grinned. "What can I get you?" Asked Jinhyuk. "The usual please," said Hwanhee as he handed over the money. Jinhyuk processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, nodding towards Wooseok's table. Hwanhee nodded, turning and spotting Wooseok before walking over, bringing up a chair and sitting down. Dongmyeong was barely awake by this point and Xion moved him to a nearby table, getting him to sit down before sitting across from him.

"Long time no see," said Wooseok as he smiled softly at the twins before turning his attention to Hwanhee. "It's only been a few weeks," said Hwanhee. "I assume Xiao is doing well since you're with the werewolves now," said Wooseok. "Kogyeol went AWOL after you left, so things got better," said Hwanhee. "We offered to let them rejoin," he said.

"Friend of yours?" Asked Yohan. "It's my old packmate," said Wooseok. "Hwanhee this is Yohan, Yohan this is Hwanhee," he said, introducing the two. "Hello," said Hwanhee. "Hello," said Yohan.

"We have another bear," Hwanhee said with a snicker. "I know," said Wooseok. "Missions then?" He asked, turning to Hwanhee. "Yeah," said Hwanhee. "The twins are doing fine it seems," said Wooseok. "Xion still complains about not getting a lot of sleep, but Dongmyeong is making an effort to be more wide awake to let him sleep," said Hwanhee. Wooseok hummed in response.

"So," said Yohan as he turned to Wooseok. "What do you think of the offer?" He asked. Wooseok had to think it over as he looked thoughtful. "I'll take the offer on one condition," he said. "We have random nights of late night talk sessions," he said.

"Late night talk sessions?" Asked Yohan. "It's something that Wooseok does when he can't sleep," said Seungwoo. "It doesn't happen often anymore, but I'd like to keep the tradition up," said Wooseok. "Sure," said Yohan. "It's an open invitation to join you I assume?" He asked. Wooseok nodded. "Always have been, always will be," he said. "Then sure," said Yohan.

"Then my answer is yes," said Wooseok. "I will join you," he said. "With his answer, I will join you too," said Seungwoo. Seungyoun grinned. "I call shots on the first late night talks with this guy," he said. "We have a lot to catch up on," he said. Wooseok chuckled some. "Sure, we can do that," he said. "Sweet!" Said Seungyeon.

 

~



Wooseok wasn't sure where his adventures would take him next, but he knew one thing for sure. He was finally somewhere where he could be himself. He no longer had to keep up the alpha image, and that he was glad for. He met the others of the new pack, and got to reconcile with Seungyoun. Things would be better here, he just knew it would.

"Come on Wooshin!" Yelled Dongpyo. "Everyone's going out to the lake!" He called. "Coming!" Wooseok shouted back, chuckling some at his antics. He got up, taking off his shirt and running over. "Race you!" He said. "No fair!" Whined Dongpyo as he raced after Wooseok.