Chapter 19

A Tale of Two Packs

Wooseok was about ready to tear someone to shreds, namely Kogyeol. A loud argument happened, this time between Kogyeol and Xiao over something completely unnecessary and Wooseok was once again forced to use his alpha's voice to quell the fighting before it turned into an all out war between his two betas. Seungwoo had gotten in touch with him regarding something important, and maybe he would take the offer given, if only to get away from this pack for a while.

"This is total bull," growled Wooseok as he resisted the urge to punch a hole in the wall. "After months of no arguments one conveniently comes up after an offer like that?" He asked, sighing as he flopped down in his bed, throwing an arm over his eyes. "Will you take the offer?" Asked Jinhyuk. "I dunno," said Wooseok. "Probably," he added.

"They specifically asked for you," said Jinhyuk. "Best to take the offer," he said. "I can tell you don't even want to be here anymore," he said. "The only thing that bothers me is that I won't be seeing you anymore," he said. Jinhyuk snorts. "How thoughtful," he said. "I'll see if Moonbin will take me in," he said. "Even if it means having to work at a coffee shop, I don't think he'll mind too much when it comes to family," he said.

"There's the werewolves," said Wooseok. "If I leave then Kogyeol would have every reason to kick them out, they were only here because of me," he said. "Xion will have his twin at least," he added. "But the others won't have anywhere to go," he said.

"You know," said Jinhyuk as he shrugged. "Hwanhee's always working alone, I think taking them in as a team might lift his spirits some," he said. "The thing is, is Jinwook willing to share?" Wooseok asked with a chuckle. "Their relationship is weird as hell you got to admit," said Jinhyuk. "I am happy for them though," he added. "It took a long time for Jinwook to be comfortable around Hwanhee after Hwanhee admitted that he found his mate in Jinwook," he said. Wooseok hummed, nodding in agreement.

 

~



"Hey did you ever find out what happened with Seoho?" Asked Xion as he was sitting outside with Wooseok and Hwanhee for a late night talk. "Mm... I don't think so?" Asked Wooseok as he shrugged. "I haven't heard any news lately," said Hwanhee. "I think we'd be the first to find out at least," he added. "That's true," said Wooseok as he nodded.

"When was the last time you slept?" Asked Hwanhee as he turned to Xion. "Today actually," said Xion. "An hour, like usual," he added. "But I think that means that my brother's last mission was done," he said. "Byungchan is coming around with Seungwoo and your brother," said Wooseok.

"Do you know when they'll be here?" Asked Xion. "No," said Wooseok. "I think it depends entirely on Dongmyeong at that point," he said. "Ah, right, it depends on if he's well enough to travel here," said Xion. "I hope he doesn't cause them much trouble," he mumbled. "He won't," said Wooseok. "Haven't had any complaints yet," he said.

 

~



"I'm sorry for being this annoying," said Dongmyeong as he sighed, wiping his face with his hand after he woke from a random bout of sleeping. "Hey it's alright," said Seungwoo. "Narcolepsy is hard to deal with," he said. "Falling asleep at random times of the day and still feeling tired must get annoying at some point for you two," said Dongmyeong. "It's not," said Byungchan. "We'd love to be able to sleep a lot but we travel a lot," he said.

"According to Wooshin your twin suffers from insomnia, he wants to sleep but often can't," said Seungwoo. "I see," said Dongmyeong. "Who is this... Wooshin person again?" He asked. Seungwoo blinked. "I thought I explained it," he said. "...Might've blanked out during that," said Dongmyeong as he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, he's the alpha of this shapeshifter pack who took in your brother and his pack," said Byungchan. "I see," said Dongmyeong. "His real name is Wooseok, but we call him Wooshin as a nickname," said Byungchan. "Ah, okay that makes more sense," said Dongmyeong. "I keep hearing Wooshin and Wooseok and I think it's two people but," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Well, our flight's ready," said Seungwoo. "Let's head to the states then," he said, standing. Byungchan and Dongmyeong nod and get up, following Seungwoo to their gate.

 

~



"...Xion, Xion?" Asked Wooseok as he waved his hand in front of Xion's face as Xion just stopped talking and stared off into space with a cloudy look in his eyes. "Must've fallen asleep," said Hwanhee. Wooseok checked his phone. "Ah, the plane's leaving," he said, and watched as Xion closed his eyes.

"So what's this I hear about you wanting to leave?" Asked Hwanhee as he looked at Wooseok. "I was given a very tempting offer," said Wooseok. "They were looking for an advisor, and since Seungwoo's also going to be there he offered to find someone," he said. "It happened to be you huh?" Asked Hwanhee. Wooseok nodded.

"Will you take up the offer?" Asked Hwanhee. "Probably," said Wooseok. "The only thing I'm going to regret doing is leaving Jinhyuk and the werewolves behind," he said. "Jinwook's not going to be able to handle this, and Xiao's still too young," he said. "Jinhyuk's going to join his brother, and Jinwook has me for a bit, until missions come up," said Hwanhee. "I know," said Wooseok.

"Kogyeol's finally getting his wish though," Hwanhee said with a snort. "Of course he is," grumbled Wooseok.

"I don't think we mind," Xion said suddenly, opening his eyes. "Gunhak was going to leave if you ever did, it won't be hard to become vampire hunters," he added. "Especially when we have Hwanhee to vouch for us," he said. "I'm not even that famous yet," Hwanhee said with a snort. "But yes, you have me to get in, but finding a faction accepting people is going to be hard," he said. "With your pack's history anyway," he added. Xion hummed in response.

 

~



It was almost noon when someone finally came outside to check on them, and it was Xiao. "We thought you guys were sleeping," he said with wide eyes. "No, we were out here the entire time, awake," said Hwanhee as he looked at Xiao. "These two fell asleep earlier though," he said, motioning to Wooseok and Xion. Xiao hummed, nodding.

"Are they here yet?" Asked Hwanhee. "Last I checked they just landed in Roanoke," said Xiao. "Byungchan called to make sure we knew they were coming, since Wooseok stopped answering the texts," he said. "I see," said Hwanhee.

Xion woke with a yell, falling off his recliner as he flailed around. "What, what?" Asked Hwanhee as Wooseok jumped up, looking around in panic. "God damn dreams need to stop teasing me," whined Xion as he got up, wiping his face with his hands. When he said that a car horn sounded out front and everyone turned to Xion with wide eyes.

Xion was the first to react, rushing off the deck and around the house to the front yard. Wooseok, Xiao and Hwanhee soon rushed after Xion, as the others came outside to the front yard to see Xion tackling who they could only assume was his twin.

"Dongmyeong!" Shouted Xion as he hugged Dongmyeong tightly, refusing to let go in case his brother disappeared again. "As energetic as usual," said Dongmyeong as he chuckled lightly, wrapping an arm around Xion.