CHAPTER 2: KRYSTAL'S POV

I Love Her, She Loves Me Not.

 

[KRYSTAL’S POV]

 

“Wake up girls!!!! We have morning schedule for today!”

 

Even before Vic eomma wake up and tends to shout her wake up call again, I’m already awake. In fact, I wasn’t able to have a decent sleep last night. I used to be like this after I went back from my home visit at States. Well, of course it was Amber’s fault.

 

Yes.

 

It’s always her fault. When I went back here, things have tended to changed. And the most hateful changed of all was the switching of roommates. I didn’t even have an idea why they decided to change it. Luna eonnie and Vic eomma were my current roommates but before, it was only Amber.  I just told them before that they can sleep with us anytime they want, but not letting Amber change her room and leave me.

 

That was the reason why from that day forward, I always feel annoyed and irritated. I’m not used of sleeping without Amber on my side. And I blame Amber from not even tried to stop them from shifting her room. Probably she really wants Sulli to be her roommate.

 

 

 

 

AND PROBABLY SHE REALLY DOESN’T LIKE ME.

 

 

Everyone almost got up from bed except me. Since my plan of pretending that I am suddenly became hard to get up from bed immediately these days seems constantly effective, I’m doing it all over again. And it made me more eager to do it knowing that the one who will see me inside the room and would try her best to wake me up is Amber. Through this way, I can’t take revenge on her.

 

Here she goes. I heard her footsteps walking ahead to our room. I quickly started to act sleeping as she finally went inside.

 

“Hey! Amber, what are you doing here again? Can you please go out?” Imumbled actingwith a very drowsy voice.

 

“Uhm… Vic eomma asked me to call you. Krys… it’s time to get up. We have an early sched for today…” Oh god! I forgot to put concealer and hide my pimple before sleeping last night. Ugh. Crappy pimple! It’s all because of her again. I shall not let her see my face.

 

I acted moving my head, attempted to hide my face with my hair. Good move. I actually hid it from just moving my head from other direction Why am I so talented like that.

 

“I’ll be there, just give me a minute.” I continued acting with a drowsy voiceagain.

 

“But Krys… they don’t want me to show up unless I’m with you.” Yeah right Amber! I am always with you until you decided to leave me alone in this room. You deserve some sufferings from me.

 

All of the members had just surrender on waking me up every morning and Amber was theonly one who doesn’t giving up on me. I wonder why she isn’t giving up. Does my plan isn’t that powerful to work on her. What else do I need to do? How about not giving her attention and act like I’m still continuing my sleep? Let’s have a try…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Krys… hey, don’t sleep again. You should get up now.”

 

 

“…” You’re not hearing anything Krystal. Don’t mind her. Don’t mind her. Continue pretending. Just act Krys. You’re good at that.

 

 

“Krys… Krystal… Krys?” I could hear her gentle footsteps walking toward my bed. Damn! I should not let her stay near on me. She might get able to see this annoying pimple. I should stand up now before she takes a peek on it.

 

“Did I just tell you to go out?!”I suddenly screeched. Shesuddenly stopped from walkingas I quickly got up from bedand walked toward the door; still trying to hidemyface with my hair strands.

 

“I’ll just wash my face so you don’t have to wait for me.” I added as I turned around facing him.

 

“No, I’ll wait for you…” Sheclaimed.

 

“Amber!!!”Please go out. I need to fix this infuriately pimple immediately.

 

“But I just want to make sure you won’t get back on your bed to sleep again.”She still insisted.

 

“AMBEEEER! Please! Just do what I told you.” I quickly walked ahead to the bathroom and she just kept on following me. She blocked the bathroom door, and now I’m screwed. We’re just inches away and , my morning breath , what if she smells it? I moved backward so I could say a word.

 

“Can you just leave me alone? Don’t tell me you’re going to wash my face for me?” Tell me you want it, I would like it too.

 

 

 

Ugh. Well, but not now I guess.

 

 

“Fine… just promise me not to go back on your bed and sleep again.”

 

“Get out on my way Amber or do you want me to hit you again.” Sorry for the threats my Amber. I just have to hide this bullcrap pimple on my face.  I don’t want you to see me this hideous. I always wanted to look beautiful in your eyes.

 

I just couldn’t help it. I forcedly bumped her so I could enter inside the bathroom. But when I was about to close it, she blocked her hands and stopped me.

 

“Wait! Haven’t heard you say promise yet!”

 

Sorry… I just need to do this…

 

“BAAAAAAAAAAANG!”

 

================================================

 

I just had done dressing up before taking my breakfast. I have used to do this for almost a week. Just at least to lessen the effect of revenge to other members, I finally dressed up so I won’t be a reason for being late on our schedules anymore. And of course, I always wanted to look beautiful in my Amber’s eyes. Though she had told me before that I’m always beautiful in her eyes, it doesn’t sound different since she has also telling that to other members..

 

I kept on looking back ate the mirror. Moving my head in different angles, leaning my body backwards and forwards to check if I really hid carefully that unwanted visitor which has suddenly sprouted out on my face.

 

“Aish!!!!  Ottoke? What do I need to do to make you vanish immediately huh? It’s not like I am not going to hide you forever.”

 

While checking my face on the mirror, my eyesight suddenly crossed the old picture stacked in front of the mirror; it was me and Jessica eonnie’s.

 

Right! I shall call Jessica eonnie to ask help for this.I quickly grabbed my phone on the bed and dialed my sister’s number.

 

“Jessica eonnie?”

 

“Wae? What made you call?”

 

“Uhm… did I disturb you?”

 

“No of course dear! Do you have problem?”

 

“Yeah. It’s because… uhm… there’s something on my face. You know that pimp—“

 

“Pimple? You’re worrying about your pimple? Ha-ha-ha.” I heard she’s laughing on the other line.

 

“Yaaaaaah! What’s funny in there? I’ve been so disgusted these days and now I have this bull pimple and it disgusts me more and more. I called you so you can help me fix this then what would I get to you eonnie. Nothing but laugh.”

 

”Hey sis! Don’t get mad that easily. I am just joking around. Okay, let me think…”

 

 

“ Soojung-ahhhhh!” I over heard Sulli shouted from downstairs. I’ve let them wait for almost an hour. I should go out now.

 

“—eonnie, I need to go. Just send me an SMS of what to do. Bye!” I quickly stood up and fixed my self for the last minute. I took a deep breathe and went downstairs.

 

================================

 

“Oh, there she is…” I heard Luna responded from the table.

 

“Wow! You just finished dressed up again? You were like that yesterday right? And also the day before yesterday. Uhm… there’s something in our Krystal that bothers me these days huh!” Victoria eonnie added.

 

Ugh. I had been doing this for your sake guys! If everything inside my mind is all about revenging for Amber, I won’t really do this. I’m started to get annoyed.

 

“Are you okay Krys? Sulli-ssi can you please touch her forehead, maybe our Soojung is sick. Ha-ha-ha!” Luna tried to joke as everyone had burst into laughter. Including Amber. And now she has the guts to make fun of me after replacing me from other roommate. You really deserve an ice glares from me sweetie. She looked at me and suddenly stopped from laughing when she saw how my glanced her evilly.

 

“Hey Luna-ssi! Stop it… Krystal seems not in her mood today.” Vic eomma finally mouthed. Seemed that my evil glares were those powerful that even Vic eomma fell from it.

 

“Yes. Mood swings because she’s really sick.” Luna whispered trying to joke again. Sulli grinned.

 

Luna and Sulli seems have been enjoying their stuff of making fun of me. Well, I would forgive you both this time. Don’t let yourselves finally get into my nerves or worse…

 

“Sunyoung-ah!!!!” Vic eomma shouted.

 

“Sorry eomma! Fine. I’ll stop.” Luna rolled her eyes and continues from munching her food. Oh thank God I have you Vic eomma!

 

I grabbed that bowl of Ramyeon in front of me and quietly ate it. Damn! I knew this taste. It was Amber’s Ramyeon. It’s the best Ramyeon ever. I’ve been longing for her Ramyeon when I am still at States.

 

The silent ambience almost turned me into deaf. Everyone is now quietly paying attention on their food.

 

“Everyone… after you finish eating, you only have one hour to prepare while Krystal has also one hour to wait since she’s already prepared.” Vic eomma broke the silence.

 

“I’m done eating. I’ll wait for you inside the van.” I stood up and grabbed a table napkin to wipe my mouth. “By the way, who cooked these noodles?” I asked even the truth was, I certainly knew who cooked that oh-so-lovely noodles.

 

If you claim it Amber by yourself and tell me that you cooked this because it’s my favorite me, I would praise you and promise to stop my retaliation but if you don’t, you will surely regret what I am going to say.

 

“Amber cooked it for everyone.” Luna suddenly mumbled before Amber could. Stupid Krystal! Why would Amber cook for you anyway? She even left you and you’re hoping that she will make some effort because you’re the reason for it. Such a stupid one Krys!

 

“It’s delicious. Right Krys?” Sulli interfered.  Yes Sul, it tasted like heaven. But since Amber didn’t say anything, I guess she would really regret this…

 

“No it’s not. My taste buds didn’t even recognize that it’s Ramyeon. It just boosts up my bad mood. See you later then…” I rolled my eyes as I turned back and walked out.

 

When I reached our van, I quickly ride inside and rested my back on my seat.

 

Why can’t you just like me Amber?

 

 

 

Am I that bad for you to left me?

 

 

 

 

Why is so easy for you to ignore me?

 

 

 

 

 

Amber, just tell that you like me, I am ready to forget everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

================================================

 

It was passed 10am when we started to film for our repackaged album interview. My stylist and I were done preparing, wearing our Hot Summer outfit while the others still busy with their own stylist as the director finally  called me.

 

I am the first one to film.

 

The interviewer was VJ Isak. Our label mate. So glad to see her again. She asked me about the songs on our album, my favorite song on it, how I feel of the success we got from our Pinocchio album, and other stuffs.

 

“For the last question Krystal, this came from your lovely fans.  Out of the f(x) members, who do you think is the most attractive?”

 

Out of the f(x) members, who do think is the most attractive?

 

Her question echoed in my head. It is not a hard question but I was having a hard time to answer. I had to admit that Amber was the first one who came up my mind. BUT why did my tongue tied down. I couldn’t say her name.

 

“Uhm… A—m… Am…”I looked around check if the members were already around, but when I was about to mention Amber’s name, they suddenly went out the dressing room one by one and appeared on the set. When I looked at Amber, she is currently fixing Sulli’s hair. Brushing some strands of it and it gave me a sudden heartbreak.

 

“Krystal? Okay, I’ll repeat the question again, Out of the f(x) members, who do think is the most attractive?”

 

The members stopped from what they’re doing. They started to looked at me and waiting to hear me answer the question.

 

 “For me… it’s… it—s…”

 

 

I looked at Amber again. Making sure she would clearly hear my answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sulli. She has a very pretty smile that could make me jealous.” I smiled to Isak eonnie; acting like normal.

 

“Thank you Krystal for your time. And that was Krystal Jung from f(x)! Up next, the China Queen and the leader of the group, Victoria! Don’t go away. We’ll be right back.”

 

 

 

“CUT!!! Good Take! Luna-ssi it’s your turn!” the director instructed.

 

 

==================================================

 

It’s Victoria eonnie’s turn now and answering her last question. Not just a couple of minutes and its Amber’s turn. I sat far from them. Pretending that I’m very busy browsing on her iPad. I put earphones on my ears so it would look like I’m not going to hear her answers later. BUT when I gave a quick glance on her, she’s with Sulli again; having fun playing with Sulli’s Nintendo.

 

“Amber! It’s your turn!”

 

I quickly released my sight on her when I heard the director shouted. It’s her turn now. I should start paying attention. She passed in front of me and gave me a look. I looked back and rolled my eyes instead and went back from fake browsing of my iPad.

 

The interview has just started.

 

Isak eonnie asked her everything like what she asked on the members too. And I guessed that the last question I’d been waiting for was going to be the question she asked me awhile ago.

 

“For the last question Amber… I know you’ve answered this in a radio show before but your new fan wants to hear you answer it again. Are you ready Amber?”

 

“Yeah…” Through my peripheral site, I could see that she smiled confidently in front of Isak eonnie and the camera.

 

“Who do you think among the members is close to being perfect?”

 

Who do you think among the members is close to being perfect?

 

Did I hear it right? She was asked by that question again. It has been 2 years ago when she last answered that question. I remembered that time she said it like“It is Krystal.” She laughed and continued “Because of the gracefulness I don’t have!” I grabbed her hand and waved it because of the very good feeling she had given me. And I just joke “Unstoppable! Amber likes me a lot!” while the truth is, she didn’t have any idea how I was giggling inside that time. Because it just came from her. And when do compliments came from her, I just wanted to cry because of happiness.

 

“Amber… can you answer it?” I heard Isak eonnie repeated the question.

 

Will she going to answer the same way she did last time? Or someone has changed her mind from thinking that I’m close to being perfect one for her? Come on Amber! Answer it!

 

 

“Ah… yeah…”

 

 

I could hear the loud pumps from my chest because of nervous. I didn’t know how would I react when I already her answer.

 

“Well, my answer to that question is…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s still Krystal. She’s always perfect to me. Not just close or being that, but she’s simply perfect.”

 

My time seemed suddenly stopped after hearing her answer.

 

 

 

 

What???????

 

 

Really?

 

 

I didn’t even…

 

 

Omo!

 

 

Oh my God!

 

 

It was like….

 

 

 

Ugh!

 

 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

 

 

I wanted to cry right now but I couldn’t.

 

 

I couldn’t think any exact words to describe my happiness. It was the moment I have been waiting for. After having a hidden desire for her for almost years, she has just answered all my doubts and worries. You should have told me before so we wouldn’t become worse like what’s happening now.

 

I stuck in front of my iPad. I was frozen for awhile until PD-nim called me and I followed her towards where the members were all gathered.

 

“Girls! I have something important to tell you. Everyone take your sit.” I’m sure now that the smile on my eyes has gone back. I guessed everything was going back to normal again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And for my Amber, you are forgiven.

 

 

=======================================

[EPILOGUE]

 

*flashback*

 

“Eommaaaaaa! Please do this for me please!”

 

“Sulli-yah. You know that Amber will disagree on it. We all know that she likes Krystal. It will give sadness to her if we force her to switch room with us.”

 

“But you also know how much I like Amber eomma! And I also know how much you like Luna eonnie, so if you don’t want her to know about this, grant my wish.”

 

“Fine SullI! You won. But please don’t tell Luna about this ever!”

 

“Thanks Vic eomma! Yeah! I promise!”