Chapter 1: AMBER'S POV

I Love Her, She Loves Me Not.

 

[AMBER'S POV]

 

“Wake up girls!!!! We have morning schedule for today!”

 

That very motherly tone echoed as its sound waves bounces back in every wall of our dorm. Victoria eonnie; the respective owner of that voice. Our group leader. Our sister and most of the time, our mother. Her voice is our alarm. Even we’re in the middle of our sweet dreams, we couldn’t escape from her wake-up calls. But even we’re already awake; we couldn’t resist the lure that our beds give us. First to get up is Luna eonnie, second is Sulli, then the third one is their very own Amber. Yeah! That’s me.

 

And the last one who couldn’t let herself gets up from bed immediately, (even us couldn’t) is Krystal; our maknae. F(x)’s face according to the netizens and our fans; the most talented among our group; the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met in my life and lastly,

 

THE ONLY GIRL I LOVE.

 

But unfortunately, she doesn’t like me.

 

I stood up from bed after Sulli did. I went over to my former room when Krystal was used to be my roommate before. Until Vic eomma decided to switched rooms with me. I didn’t have any idea of what came up on their minds for forcing me to be Sulli’s roommate. I didn’t really want to do that but they just threatened me. If I won’t agreed on their wish, they will tell Jackie eonnie that I’m a tomboy. And that was one of the scariest threat I’ve ever received so I couldn’t do anything but to follow.

 

“Hey! Amber, what are you doing here again? Can you please go out?” She mumbled with a very drowsy voice. See? She even wanted me to stay away on her sight.

 

“Uhm… Vic eomma asked me to call you. Krys… it’s time to get up. We have an early sched for today…”

 

“I’ll be there, just give me a minute.” Still with a drowsy voice.

 

“But Krys… they don’t want me to show up unless I’m with you.” All of the members had just surrender on waking up Krystal every morning and I’m the only one who doesn’t give up on her. I just can’t give up. Through this way, I’ll be the first one to see her bared yet gorgeous face everyday. So there’s no reason to get tired on waking her over and over again.

 

They even told me that when they started to assign me from this let me call an included “house chore”, the waking up moment fortunately doesn’t last for an hour unlike when they were doing this before to Krystal, they even waste 2 hours of their everyday lives just to wake Krystal up. BUT still, that almost half an hour of waking up someone would seem disgusting to others. And since she’s Krystal, I don’t have any complains. It’s like I’m the devoted servant and I’m waking up my own princess.

 

“Krys… hey, don’t sleep again. You should get up now.”

 

“…”

 

“Krys… Krystal… Krys?” I slowly walked toward her bed. Trying not to let her hear any footsteps coming from me but as usual, she is just so talented like I always knew. She can still hear things even without sounds. That’s how talented is my Krystal. “Did I just tell you to go out?!” she yelled out and now with her oh-so-bratty natural voice. I suddenly stopped from walking slowly. She quickly got up from bed; hiding her face with those longs hair strands and just passed in front me while steadily starring on her.

 

But not yet reaching the door, she stopped and faced me. Still with the bothering long hair blocking all over her face.

 

“I’ll just wash my face so you don’t have to wait for me.”

 

“No, I’ll wait for you…” I insisted.

 

“Amber!!!”

 

“But I just want to make sure you won’t get back on your bed to sleep again.”

 

“AMBEEEER! Please! Just do what I told you.” She continued walking ahead to the bathroom. I mischievously followed her.

 

“Can you just leave me alone? Don’t tell me you’re going to wash my face for me?” God! If only you will allow me, I’ll definitely do wash everything you. Sounds naughty but I really like it Krys.

 

“Fine… just promise me not to go back on your bed and sleep again.” I muttered while blocking the door. Just let me see that bare face and I will stop. Pleaseeeeee!!!!!

 

“Get out on my way Amber or do you want me to hit you again.” Ugh. Those Ice Princess’ threats; guess I should stop now. I slowly move away from the door and give her way. I keep on starring at her and couldn’t stop smiling. She’s so cute when she’s always mad like this.

 

“Wait! Haven’t heard you say promise yet!” I interfered as I stopped her from closing the bathroom door with my hand.

 

“BAAAAAAAAAAANG!”

 

SHE POWERFULLY SLAMMED THE DOOR INFRONT OF ME.

 

 

 

And since she doesn’t like me; that is how she used to keep a promise to me.

 

 

================================================

 

“Did you really call Krystal?” Luna mumbled while munching her food.

 

“Yeah! Did you really wake her up? Then why isn’t she going down? We will be late.” Vic eomma added.

 

“Guys, aren’t you getting used about Krystal’s habit? Aissh! Soojung-ahhhhh!” Sulli shouted like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“Wait… I’ll just call her again.” I stopped from eating. When I was about to stand up on my seat, I suddenly heard hard footstep going down the stairs.

 

“Oh, there she is…” Luna uttered.

 

When the footsteps finally reached our area, I was surprised when I saw Krystal has done dressing up and seem ready to go for our today’s schedule. While she is taking her sit, the entire members were busy of staring at her from amazement. Including me.

 

“Wow! You just finished dressed up again? You were like that yesterday right? And also the day before yesterday. Uhm… there’s something in our Krystal that bothers me these days huh!” Victoria eonnie initiated. 

 

“Are you okay Krys? Sulli-ssi can you please touch her forehead, maybe our Soojung is sick. Ha-ha-ha!” Luna joked. Everyone laughed.

 

BUT my sight turned to Krystal. She was actually giving me an ice glares. Krystal was serious. Well, she’s that serious all the time. But right now is different. She looks like she wanted to walk out and scape from the people who are bullying her.

 

“Hey Luna-ssi! Stop it… Krystal seems not in her mood today.” Vic eomma finally mouthed.

 

“Yes. Mood swings because she’s really sick.” Luna whispered trying to joke again. Sulli grinned.

 

“Sunyoung-ah!!!!” Vic eomma shouted.

 

“Sorry eomma! Fine. I’ll stop.” Luna rolled her eyes and continues from munching her food.

 

Krystal started to grab her bowl of Ramyeon and she quietly eats it. I’m giggling inside knowing that I was the one who cooked it. It’s her favorite breakfast so I really decided to make one for her.

 

The silent ambience almost turned me into deaf. Everyone is now quietly paying attention on their food while me, just can’t resist staring on Krystal while she sophisticatedly sipped every single strands of the noodles.

 

“Everyone… after you finish eating, you only have one hour to prepare while Krystal has also one hour to wait since she’s already prepared.” Vic eomma broke the silence.

 

“I’m done eating. I’ll wait for you inside the van.” Krystal stood up and grabbed a table napkin to wipe . “By the way, who cooked these noodles?”

 

“Lubdub-lubdub-lubdub…” I could suddenly hear my chest as it started to pumps harder after hearing her question. Did I hear it right? She’s asking if who cooked the Ramyeon. Yaaaaaah! It was me Krys! Maybe she liked it. Or maybe she didn’t. God! I need to know her response.

 

“Amber cooked it for everyone.” Luna suddenly mumbled before I could boast out myself to her.

 

“It’s delicious. Right Krys?” Sulli interfered. Sulli has just said it. It’s delicious Krys! Tell me what you think about it. Tell me now.

 

 

 

 

 

“No it’s not. My taste buds didn’t even recognize that it’s Ramyeon. It just boosts up my bad mood. See you later then…” She rolled her eyes and walked out.

 

 

 

DANG! Her response suddenly gave me heartbreaks. Am I that worst cooked to make some Ramyeon who doesn’t even taste like Ramyeon? Why are you so cruel to me Krys? I gave up my heart and my soul while cooking that for you, then you just gave me that kind of response and I just wanted to die right now.

 

What else do I need to do that you might surely like it? I mean, at least you will give a good response on it. Directly to me or not, I just want to hear some compliments coming from you; of what do you think of me? If why are you always mad at me? If why do you always give me ice glares? If why aren’t you talking to me in a nice way?

 

 

If why do you hate me?

 

 

 

And the best thing I wanted to know is…

 

 

 

 

 

Why can’t you just like me?

 

 

 

 

================================================

 

It was almost 9 in the morning when we reached the filming venue. We are about to film an interview for our repackaged album. Since we only have an hour to do the whole filming because we still have our next schedule, the director has just decided to film an individual interview first then the group interview to be followed tomorrow.

 

Luna has done her turn. Sulli and Krystal too. Victoria was the one filming now, and obviously I’m the last to film.

 

Luna and Victoria were busy talking to each other. Krystal sits far from us. Busy browsing on her iPad with earphones attached on her ears. While waiting for my turn, Sulli and I play her Nintendo for awhile.

 

“Amber! It’s your turn!” The director shouted. I quickly get up from my sit and handled the Nintendo over Sulli. I took a deep breathe while walking ahead in front of the interviewer. I look at Krystal before I take my sit; she looked back on me but then rolled her eyes, trying to show that I am the entire reason for the risen of her bad mood.

 

The interview has just started. And it was Isak eonnie who was going to interview me. Glad to see her.

 

She kept on asking some few questions about the repackaged album and of course about me having a hard time of speaking this country’s language. And I just answer her truthfully since it’s a promise to my self; to be honest always. And everyone are almost watching my interview (well of course, except Krystal who is still busy with her iPad). And since I’m very scared of Vic eomma’s glares when always doing interviews, I need to tell truths and nothing but the truth.

 

“For the last question Amber… I know you’ve answered this in a radio show before but your new fan wants to hear you answer it again. Are you ready Amber?”

 

“Yeah…” I smiled oh her. Trying to keep the coolness I had, ever since the start of the interview.

 

“Who do you think among the members is close to being perfect?”

 

I knew it. I really knew that was the question I’ve answered before which she’s talking about.

 

I suddenly remembered that time. I answered without hesitation; “It is Krystal. Since she has the gracefulness I don’t have” She laughed. “Unstoppable! Amber likes me lot.” She responded and grabbed my hand as she waved it showing how good she felt of my compliments. We’re still that very close before unlike now. I don’t know what happened but she started to feel awkward around me when she came back from her visit on States, 2 months ago before our comeback.

 

“Amber… can you answer it?” My thoughts suddenly went back to reality after hearing the interviewer’s voice.

 

“Ah… yeah…” I shifted my sigh unto Krystal’s. She’s constantly busy on what she’s doing. She might not even catch what I am going to answer because of the earphones that block her ear ways to at least hear my answer.

 

“Well, my answer to that question is…” I look at her again. Hoping she already pays an attention on me, but she’s forever not.

 

“It’s still Krystal. She’s always perfect to me. Not just close for being that, but she’s simply perfect.”

 

 

 

“Thank you Amber! Congratulations on your successful comeback! So those are the lovely members of F(x)! Thank you for watching and stay tuned for their group interview tomorrow. I am Isak and this is Pops in Seoul! Goodbye!”

 

 

“CUT! Good take! Sugohasseutsumnida!” The director yelled out as the filming done. All the members gathered (EXCEPT KRYSTAL) in front of the director and Isak and gave our thank you and goodbyes. When Krystal noticed that everyone is preparing for packing up, she finally stood up. She walked towards us together with our PD-nim.

 

“Girls! I have something important to tell you. Everyone take your sit.” PD-nim mumbled. We took our sit. I look at Krystal. This time, she’s different again. There’s somehow a little enlighten on her face compare from what she showed up ever since waking up this morning. Mood swings again? Ugh. This girl’s personality is really hard to spell out.

 

 

BUT still, I love her.

 

 

 

 I just love her the way she is.

 

 

 

She’s forever the Princess of my palace.

 

 

 

Our palace.