Too Late

Too Late

 

Chances.

 

People do believe in second chance, but some of them were only given second chance. Not all of them, even HIM.

 

~

 

They have been together since childhood. Their bond is the strongest of all. They thought that nothing can separate them, even fate.

 

They promised to love each other forever. Butpromises are meant to be broken. Right?

 

~

 

“Dad, I don’t want to leave this place. Please, listen to me. This is my life. I can’t leave this place. Listen to me. Even just once!”

 

She has been pleading her dad for days. But it seems that he won’t change his mind anymore.

 

“Your mother just died! What would we do? If we will stay here, we will live in this depressing place. Do you want that kind of life? And besides, if we don’t transfer, our company will be closed. The only thing we can do now is leave this place!”

 

She just cried. How will she tell him these things? How?

 

“Dad, do you think mom would like to be forgotten? Of course not! This is the place where both of you showed your love to each other. Where she told me how much she loves me. Do you want those things to be forgotten?”

 

Those are the things she can say to her father now. If she will say that she don’t want to leave because of him, he will probably get mad and forbid her to go back here.

 

She thought that her father didn’t know. But that’s what she thought.

 

“Are you sure that’s the only reason you don’t want to leave this place? You think I don’t know? That Lee Donghae bugs the hell out of me! What is he to you?!”

 

Her eyes widened. She doesn’t know what to say.

 

“H-he is just my b-best friend. He is my best friend, Dad! He is like a brother to me. And yes, he is one of the main reasons I don’t want to leave.”

 

Her father went to her. He slapped her on the right cheek, for the first time.

 

She burst into tears. She went to her room. She cried and cried.

 

~

 

“Fany Ah! We’re leaving!”

 

Her father yelled. She’s still crying. She can’t accept the fact that she is leaving this place. She is leaving him.

 

She ran to his place to find out that he is still sleeping.

 

“Auntie, where is Donghae Oppa? I need to tell him something important.”

 

She begged, crying.

 

“Fany Ah. Why are you crying? I’ll just wake him up.”

 

She nodded and wiped her tears.

 

After a minute, she saw a very handsome manly figure walking down the stairs. She ran to him and hugged him.

 

“I think I should leave both of you first.”

 

Donghae’s mom left. They didn’t bother to say a word. All they can hear is her sob.

 

“Donghae Oppa, *sniffs* Oppa.”

 

That’s all she can say now. She doesn’t have the guts to tell it to him.

 

“Yah. Why are you crying my princess? It’s too early to cry.”

 

He is indeed very clueless. He wasn’t able to sense that there is something wrong. She broke the hug and shook her head.

 

“Oppa, I’m leaving.”

 

He smiled, not knowing that she is telling the truth.

 

“Yah! Fany Ah! Stop joking around. I just woke up. What kind of prank is this?”

 

She showed her passport to him, crying.

 

“Oppa, Dad wants me to leave this place. We are leaving this place. He told me that I’ll never come back. Oppa, what will I do?”

 

He can’t say a single word. Tears started to stream down his cheeks. He can’t accept the fact that she is going to leave him, that this will be the last time he will see her face.

 

“Oppa! You know how much I care for you. Please don’t get mad. I don’t want to leave you. You know that I love you so much.”

 

He hugged her, not wanting to let go.

 

“Fany Ah.”

 

Those are the only words that came out of his mouth. Suddenly, her father punched him in the face. He grabbed her.

 

“You! Leave her alone! She doesn’t love you that’s why she is leaving!”

 

She struggled as hard as she can but she can’t escape her father’s grip.

 

“Oppa! Don’t believe him! Wait for me! I will come back! I love you Oppa! I love you so much.”

 

He watched them leave until their figures can’t be seen anymore. His mother ran and hugged him. He cried.

 

“Fany ah, I will wait for you. I promise. I love you so much.”

 

~

 

6 years passed by…

 

“Miss Hwang, stop crying. Your make up will fade.”

 

The stylist keeps on telling her not to cry. But she can’t control it. She doesn’t love him. Siwon is nothing to her. He is just an acquaintance. Nothing more than that.

 

“10 minutes to go. The chauffer is waiting outside already.”

 

The assistant told them. She stopped crying. For the first time, after five days, she stopped crying.

 

She is very numb right now, numb to happiness.

 

“Wow! Miss Hwang! You look very beautiful. Your gown suits you.”

 

The stylist complimented. Tiffany can’t smile. Her face is full of pain. She promised him. She promised him that she will come back. But it seems that her promise is meant to be broken.

 

~

 

They can hear the bells of the church.

 

“Fany Ah. Smile. Smile even just for me.”

 

Jessica, her best friend, is pleading her. She tried to smile but she really can’t. Not now.

 

They entered the church. People are clapping their hands. She is indeed very beautiful.

 

Tears started to stream down her cheeks. She shook her head. Jessica tightened her grip , as if telling her that everything will be fine.

 

“Fany Ah. Don’t cry. Everything will be fine.”

 

Jessica wiped her tears before handing her to Siwon. Siwon is smiling very widely. He knows very well that she loves someone else. But who cares. For him, it’s fine because she will be with him.

 

They looked up. Tiffany’s sight is not very clear because of the tears. She can’t see the people around her, even Siwon and the priest.

 

The priests started to talk. That voice, she knows that voice very well. The voice she misses a lot. The voice she will never forget. She wiped her tears. Now, she can see everyone clearly. Even the man speaking in front of her.

 

“D-d-dongh-hae O-oppa?”

 

Tears started streaming down her eyes. Now, her sobs can be clearly heard by everyone. People started murmuring the same questions.

 

Why is she crying? Who is Donghae?

 

Jessica knows that it is not good to go up there. But her best friend needs her badly.

 

“Tiffany, come on. I know you promised him. But this is fate. We can’t stop it.”

 

The priest interrupted. He didn’t use the microphone this time.

 

“My princess, come on. Let’s continue your wedding. This is your dream wedding after all, right?”

 

Siwon and Jessica looked at the priest. They are confused. ‘My Princess’?

 

Something struck Jessica.

 

Flashback…

 

“Donghae Oppa calls me ‘Princess’.”

 

Tiffany told her.

 

End of Flashback

 

“Donghae?”

 

He smiled at her. He signaled her to go down and just leave the situation to him.

 

“Let’s continue the wedding.”

 

It is very painful to him. He devoted his free time to God while she wasn’t with him. And now, she’s here. Crying in front of him. Not because she wants him back. But because she is marrying someone already.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry.”

 

~

 

It was too late. They cannot bring back the past. Everything changed in just a single snap. Their over flowing love was still there but fate told them it’s forbidden.

 

~

 

Hi. So another crappy oneshot. I have mixed emotions right now and I can’t manage to write something happy or at least not crappy. I’m kinda in deep emotions right now though I can’t express it properly. Please bear with me. It has been a while since I wrote something that’s why I tried my best to give it to you. Though I just can’t make something good. I’m going to try to write another one on Valentines Day. But don’t expect too much because I’m really busy these days. But expect it to be crappy.

Feel free to post comments and criticisms :)

 

-Aimee :)