Final 1.2

Here's My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 1.2

 

***

 

 

A doe-eyed woman is apparently sitting at the edge of the bed, looking nervous. She had been awake since 5am and two hours later, she's still nervous and excited at the same time.

 

"Yah, you're not yet ready?" Her head lifted up the moment she heard that familiar voice from nearby.

 

She smiled weakly as she gets up and rushed to hug her mother. "Omma... "

 

"What's wrong with you?" Mrs. Im chuckled amusingly while hearing that soft sobs. "Aren't you forgetting something? There's no time for tears right now Im Yoona. This should be the happiest day of your life." she reminded while rubbing her daughter's back smoothly. Her daughter sounds funny for her.

 

"I will not be going to see you always anymore." Yoona started to calm herself as she said the words. She's happy but sad at the same time. Maybe because she will no longer see her always. Her mother raises her and her sister alone which is the reason she is a total mother's girl. The reason also why she's a bit childish.

 

"Aww, my sweetie... you are not going to leave Seoul, aren't you? Of course, I will always see you." Mrs. Im is flattered yet find it funny because their house is just one block away from the apartment Yoona and her soon to be wife have bought.

 

"How can you do that?" Yoona sniffles. "You will be busy with your laundry shop." she pulled back and pout her lips cutely.

 

Mrs. Im cups her daughter's face and sweetly smile. "What did I tell you before?"

 

"To never worry about you."

 

"That's it. Never ever do that anymore because I can take care myself and you promise to Seohyun to be by your side forever. And Seohyun, I know she will do the same for you. You guys deserve each other after the struggle... And I am so proud of you; don't you know that?"

 

Yoona smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't think properly right now. I'm excited, nervous, sad, happy... It's a mixed of emotions." She felt embarrassed a little.

 

"That's because the moment you've been waiting is finally in about an hour. So move your and change now. We don't want Seohyun to wait for you in the ceremony, do you?" Mrs. Im said and she turns her daughter around, slapping her and push her.

 

Yoona turns around again and hugs her mother tightly. "I love you, Omma, and I'm proud to be your daughter." she whispers and took a minute before she finally runs to the shower. She finally felt confident again. After all, she proposed to Seohyun with all confidence as well. There's no way she's going to be a weak person for Seohyun. She promised and she will grant them.

 

Mrs. Im couldn't help but shake her head. It's normal to see her daughter like that but it feels weird for the first time. "You go shower well, otherwise; your wife will run away." she playfully shouted before leaving her room.

 

On another hotel room, one young lady is smiling like she's the prettiest bride on earth. She woke up two hours ago and is so excited to see Yoona soon that she just keeps singing and sometimes dancing that her nieces and nephew are watching her in awe. She went to shower and feels like having a concert because of all the shouts and scream. But all the screams wouldn't make sense without mentioning her Yoona.

 

"Looks like someone is so excited to tie the knot with her long-time girlfriend." Her make-up artist said while she's busy putting make-up on her face.

 

Seohyun's smile never left her face while she's closing her eyes. She couldn't help and reminisce all the best moments she had with Yoona.

 

Flashback...

 

It must be a fate or a destiny but they first met in a hotel, where she and her architect team are there to meet their new clients. She's the leader so she's the one more confident than them.

 

But the moment their client arrived; she felt her legs weak as she recognizes her; her classmate from high school. Im Yoona, the most athletic student and hard working in their batch is apparently the Director of a famous department store in Seoul Korea.

 

"Omo, Seo Joohyun. It's you isn't it?" Yoona is all cheerful as she immediately recognized the only puffuy-cheeked lady before her eyes. "It's been a while, how have you been?" She asks enthusiastically. But she didn't get her response that instant. She is staring at her, looking puzzled? Or shock? Either way, she continued, "Um, don’t you remember me? I'm Im Yoona, from Jeonju High School. We're classmates from Junior to Senior High. Hmm?"

 

Seohyun snapped out of reality and smile embarrassingly. "Of course. I do remember you, Im Yoona." But her eyes turned glared as she remembers how she would sometimes with one of the guys in their classroom and call her monkey because there's one time she mistook the bear as monkey. Also, they would bicker and argue over small things like what color to wear every time there's an event because they are both the Class President and Vice President respectively. They're always the two who are responsible for it. She doesn't like her since then.

 

Yoona chuckled as she avoided her glares. "Let's take a seat, shall we? Ca-can we... Start this meeting now? Let me know your proposal." She stammers as she gestures them to start which they comply politely. And the whole time, she can't look at her in the eyes because she never wants to leave her eyes away.

 

*

 

"I'm the client so you should follow what I am asking you to do."

 

"But I am the architect here and I know what's better for this project. So, I still have the last thing to say. I just need your trust, your boss' trust."

 

"Ugh." Yoona can't help and leave her seat, walking to the pantry and make herself some coffee. It had been a week since she agreed to get them as the company's architects for their next branch. It's been also a week since she keeps seeing the President of her high school and a week since they couldn't get the right decision because they keep arguing and bickering. It's like back in High School years again. But she needs to keep patience this time as it's an important project for her and the company as one of the Directors.

 

Seohyun on the other hand is making herself a tea, standing next to the furious deer. She had been stressed with the project but she's also persistent to finished the project with someone who has her own mind. She felt like she's being punished for hating her since high school but there's no way she'll give in to her, knowing her ideas are better than hers.

 

"Okay." After a moment of silence, Yoona broke it as she finally made a decision. She clears and turns to face her with a serious look. "I will let you decide whatever you are planning for this, but respect whatever the President's thoughts to make this even better... Araso?" She decided to give it to her.

 

"Sure." Seohyun smiled confidently as she stretches out her hand.

 

"What is that for?" Yoona looked at her hand.

 

"To seal the deal." Said Seohyun, as she steps forward.

 

Sighing in defeat, Yoona took her hand and she shakes them gently.

 

"Let's start this over again, Director Im." Seohyun wink and left the pantry with a new strength.

 

"She's the President after all." Yoona mumbles as she followed her suit. As soon as she took her seat back, the younger lady moved closer and she once again discussed what's on her laptop. Unlike earlier, she's just listening now and keeping notes in her mind. But of course, she can't help and react to it.

 

Seohyun felt more comfortable now that the deer is politely giving feedbacks here and there and making her continue with her discussion. Unlike earlier, it's smooth and both of them are enjoying the company until it was midnight.

 

"I thought she's going home?" Sighs her upon spotting the doe-eyed sleeping on the couch in her office. She just left to the comfort room but when she returns, she's already sound asleep. "Aish." Luckily, she found a comforter across the sofa she's lying on. She lazily picked it up and gently put them on her, covering her body.

 

She was about to get up when she finds herself staring at her sleeping face for at least 3 minutes. It was as if something magical happened, her heart begins to beat weirdly. She literally put her two hands on top of her chest and blinks so many times. "What the heck?" She hastily gets up, grabs her shoulder bag and stuffs before rushing to the elevator.

 

She let out a loud exhale once she's inside the lift. However, as her mind flashed back to Yoona's serene features and her lips, her cheeks turned hot. "Err. What am I doing?!" She literally slapped her cheeks so many times and also knock her own forehead. "That's too absurd." But once she got out of the building, she suddenly thought of buying her a pillow upon realizing she was only relying to the couch's arm's rest.

 

When she returned to the office, she still sleeping soundly. 'Aish, I wouldn't really be falling asleep if someone like her is next to me.' She thought but she gently places the pillow underneath her head and was about to leave when she hears her mumble.

 

"Seohyun you are stupid."

 

She literally turned her head back and glared at the sleeping deer. She raises her hand to hit her but before she can do it-

 

"But you never change. You are still so pretty."

 

The next sentence freezes her and she once again couldn't believe her heart is pounding fast. She hurriedly left the office before the latter could wake up from the sound of her heartbeats. For the second time, she keeps rubbing her chest to ease them and also slapping her face to make sure she didn't hear it right. But she ends up sighing in defeat. "How can she tell me I'm stupid then... pretty." she cups her face and smile like a fool.

 

*

 

Yoona is busy on her phone waiting for her partner again for the nth time since they started working together. But this time, in a coffee shop. "Ugh, she's 30 minutes late." But for the sixth day since they seal the day, she was late and it's making her wonder what's gotten into her. Thankfully and her secretary is accompanying her by sending jokes, she would sometimes laugh out so loud but sometimes couldn't get the joke.

 

"Aigoo, here she is again, laughing on the phone. So stupid." Seohyun arrived outside the cafe but immediately noticed the laughing alligator. She doesn't know who is making her laugh every time she arrives late because she doesn't share but it makes her wonder and it's giving her a weird feeling inside.

 

Taking a deep breath and slowly relaxes, she marches her way inside the cafe and cleared so loud but the laughing deer didn't notice her. She grits her teeth and slams her hands on the table, startling her up. "Can't you put that phone down for a moment, please?"

 

"I-I'm... sorry." Yoona apologizes and hastily put her phone aside as she took her seat back and the latter followed. "W-wait. There's some dirt." But before she can let her start their meeting, she noticed a little leaf on the right side of her head. She reached for it and wiped it away. "Where have you been? You're late again." But the moment she put her attention back to her, she spaced out. "What's wrong?" she got confused.

 

Seohyun snapped out of reality and keep blinking until she realizes something. "YAH! GET YOUR HAND OFF OF ME!" angrily scolding her but she only laughs.

 

"What's wrong about that? I just don't want to make others look at you weirdly. I mean, there's a dirt. You can't just let me stare at it the whole time, can you?" Yoona is totally confuse yet she finds it funny for her to react that way.

 

"Yes! It's not my problem-"

 

"Then I can wipe that away from you whenever I want, right?" Yoona grinned victoriously.

 

"Aish! Shall we just start this work again? You're making me... Aish! I hate it." Seohyun mumbles her last words but it didn't miss the choding's ears.

 

"You hate what?" Yoona teases. "You hate me, Miss President? AHH!!!" But only to receive a kick on her feet. She eventually lifted it up and hold it up.

 

"Omo, are you hurt?" Seohyun however felt guilty that instant and ask her in concern. But Yoona glared at her and looked away. "I'm sorry. I wasn't - I mean, you're teasing me again!" she hits her arm which earns her with another yelp of pain. "Aish, I'm sorry. I won't do that anymore. Come on, let me see your feet. Take your shoe off."

 

"You intentionally did it."

 

"I didn't I swear."

 

"Yes, you did monkey." Yoona unconsciously mentioned her past nickname only to catch another hit on her shoulder. She turns to face her and was about to scold when she took her feet and took off her sneaker. "Yah, I told you-"

 

"It will swell." Seohyun gasp to see the red spot near the thumb, the result of her heel that landed to it. "Let's cancel this appointment. But don't go anywhere. I'll buy you ice pack." without wasting time, she grabs her bag back and headed outside in a rush and look for a pharmacy nearby. She saw across the road and gives Yoona a signal to stay before she crosses the road.

 

"Look how guilty she is right away." Yoona who was left dumbfounded but also flattered. Her lips curved even into a sweet smile. No one besides her mother only does that 'concern' for her.

 

When Seohyun returned, she didn't only bring an ice pack, there's also a pair of slippers and an ointment.

 

"I-I got it."

 

"No!" She sternly declined her hand. "I was the one who hurt you... I should be the one doing this." She said and pouted before she lowered herself and gently put on the ointment on the red spot. "Bear it." She said when she heard her winced. She decided to blow some air while she's applying and spreading it gently. Once she's done, she looked up to see her face. "Just put this ice pack once it swells."

 

"Uh... thanks." Yoona says in a whisper and smile shyly.

 

"Can you get up?" Ask Seohyun as she get on her feet. "I'll drive you home."

 

"Y-yes. But I can't cancel the rest of my appointment." Yoona said to decline her offer. She gets up but only to winced in pain again and she loses her balance only to be caught by the young architect. Their faces are inches away and her heart skips a beat. Quick, she straightened herself and so as Seohyun. "I-I can take care of myself." she said and stepped one time but still couldn't do it.

 

"Stop l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter