006

His Neck Ties & Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Photo credit: NAVER x Dispatch

Italics - thoughts/inner dialogue: male female

"Oh god."

Her hands brought her face between them as she let out a long exhale.  No matter how many times she had told herself not to think about it for the past few hours as she worked her way through her work load and the errands she was running for her boss, she could not draw her mind away from the fact that it may have looked like she had barged into such an intimate moment.  Though she was aware that anyone would be able to tell that it had been Youngheum who dragged her in, she still felt uncomfortable that she may have known too much about his personal... relationships life for his own liking.

More than anything, she too, was all about keeping it strictly business between employer and employee.  She didn't want Mr. Kim to think that she wanted to be apart of his personal comfort zone.  She knew more than anything, how importantly privacy was to one.  And it bothered her very much to have been seen a busy-body.

Her mind retraced back to the moment Mr. Kim had stopped wiping the trail of creamy liquid from the torso of the other CEO.  It left quite an impression on her, as she is now utterly failing to erase it from her memory film.  

It was already midday and Youngheum and Jaehyun had long left the office after Youngheum dropped by her office to bid her goodbye unannounced – again.  He was already coming off an overly-friendly person; which she did not mind.  But in the back of her head, she remembered Mr. Kim's words, and although Youngheum was a good-looking man, she barely knew him for no more than an two hours.  However, she didn't mind, as it meant she would have another friend at work and it made her feel slightly better too, now that Arin and her no longer saw each other as often.

To say she yearned for friendship would be an overstatement but that doesn't mean she didn't want to make friends in the new workplace.

------

Doyoung stared at the scene in front of him with much regret.  When he had decided to dismiss himself from the office earlier than usual like yesterday given there were less to be done.  The reports were up to date and he too, saw his secretary's office lights had gone out when he had left at 7PM.

And now he was here at Youngheum's home after some intruders had made themselves at home the moment he stepped foot into his own apartment.  Apparently, there was no avoiding Youngheum's party he was really throwing tonight as the male caught the maid just in time and managed to persuade her to let him in.  I really have to let her know not to let the idiot in ever again.

Youngheum had brought Jaehyun along too as a back-up because he knew the younger had a spare key– not that he had mind Jaehyun coming over but it was Youngheum who majority of the time would only show up to each of their homes unexpectedly if he was kicked out by his mother or wanted to drag them out – and this one was one of those times.  The party animal was aware of their busy schedule over the course of preparing the deal but now that it was done, he wouldn't miss this prime opportunity to invite them to his party.  Of course, his parents were out of town, travelling to Thailand for a business trip and to meet friends which was the reason Youngheum was brave enough to want to throw a party.

Such social gatherings filled with their other friends and many others Doyoung was not associated with.  Youngheum's other crowds of acquaintances were simply too... rowdy for his own liking.  And not to mention, his parties usually dragged on from the night to the next morning but luckily enough, they were nearing their limit before the clock that hung on the wall had a chance to strike 1AM.  He assumed it was probably due to their overworked bodies.

Small gathering my ...

Youngheum had said that it'd be a small party consisting of only their close friends.  Small does not mean eighty-seven people.

Everyone else had gone home an hour ago but that didn't mean the men laying sprawled out in front of him on the the sofa were done having their rounds of shots.  Doyoung held his alcohol quite well unlike the three youngsters, and he knew he would not be able to get home if he was persuaded by them to have any more.  The three were now smiling contently into nothingness and slurring their own words.  Youngheum, with experience, was giving in to the liquor at his dozen shot. 

Why did Suh leave me to deal with this mess?  Johnny had left early when he received a phone call from his cousin to baby-sit their kid.

"Sorry man.  I'd love to stay but I love my nephew more."

Doyoung heaved a sigh from recalling Johnny's words to which he replied with, "You're just avoiding the aftermath hyung, no need to bluff."

He was given a smile from the older knowing well that he had been caught red-handed trying to escape the clean-up of the party.

After spending several attempts of talking them out of further downing the drinks, he had fully given up and have been zoning out through their nonsensical conversations and ruckus.  Jaehyun remained silent throughout and would often laugh at their banter... and twenty-one year old Minhyung was already close to passing out.

He stood up from the soft cushioning of the sofa and walked over to the kitchen counter, "Youngheum, where are the hangover drinks?"

The said male barely managed to answer back without sounding too out of it, "What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving and I don't want you all to complain to me tomorrow."

"Why are you leaving?!"

"As much as you may love your home Youngheum, I'd rather be in bed by now.  So, where are the drinks?"

Youngheum was already distracted by Minhyung's antics to reply, leaving a frustrated Doyoung to shake his head in disapproval.  Wait 'til aunty hear about this.  No way would Youngheum's mother let another party like this slide... the house was a wreck and not to mention – her favourite carpet reeked of liquor all over.

"You guys," Doyoung pointed in their general direction then eyed the the unopened, expensive glass bottles sitting in the see-through glass cabinet, "don't even think about it until I get back."

--

He parked the A7 Sportback behind the blo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter