005

His Neck Ties & Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Photo credit: Sunshine Closer

 

Italics - thoughts/inner dialogue: male female

 

 

A knock erupted through Chaewon's doors causing her eyes to cast away from the screen displaying various emails from the department heads sending through new reports in.  Who would knock on her door?  

Mr. Kim?

She took quick steps towards the sound only to have a male sprung out from the other side with a mischevious grin on his face.  Her eyes widened at the surprise visit and she immediately ducked her head to bow at him.  

"No need for that Ms. Park."  The male brought both of his hands up against her sides as if to seemingly support her back up straight.  He noticed the sudden turn of stiffness in her body with the slight hunch of her upper body and her wide eyes.  He quickly let go of her body and retracted his right hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it in embarrassment as he lets out a small chuckle to drown the pinkness of his ears.

"Sorry, hehe.  Just no need for formalities."

She gave him a small smile, "How can I help you, Mr. Lee?  Would you like to see Mr. Kim-"

This time he waved his hands frantically in front while shaking his head, "No, no!  No need to call for that party pooper."

"What can I do for you today, Sir?"  Her tone remained friendly and soft towards Youngheum who took in moment to stare at her sparkling deep eyes.  Mesmerising.

"You can just call me Youngheum."

She inwardly frowned.  Why do people keep ignoring my questions?

"Sir, with all due respect, I'm afraid it would be inappropriate within the working environment."

"We're not working right now, are we?"  The corners of his lips began to concave up clearly dismissing the word 'within' stuck between her rejection.

"Sir-"

"You make me sound so old Chaewon.  I'm only twenty-six."  And there it was – a triumphant smirk as he called her first name out for the very first time.  He liked the way it rolled off his tongue.

Chaewon was taken aback at the way he said her name so casually, but mainly that he was the same age as her boss... who too, barely looked over the age of twenty.

Unable to get herself to say his name directly, she sighed and gave him a slow nod in agreement, clearly defeated from his persistence.

A small buzzing interrupted and snatched the next few words out of him.  He reached into the depth of the pockets of his trousers and fished out the vibrating device.  

"Tch.  Everyone seems to want to see me.  Just a minute Chaewon."  He flashes her an apologetic smile and picked up the call.

Chaewon found the male in front of her quite amusing for walking into her office without notice and now feeling sorry that he was being interrupted by a phonecall.  Nonetheless, she didn't mind his odd presence.

"What do you want?"  His voice turned monotone unlike the keen one he had when they were speaking just a second ago, "I told you, I came here to see Chaewon.  Not you."

At the mention of her name, she grew baffled at the idea that someone she barely knew – someone who she had only just yesterday, would travel from the district next door to see her.

"Fine.  I'll be there soon."

Youngheum rolled his eyes and frowned at the screen as the other line ended the call immediately, "Kim needs to chill."

"Is something the matter, Si-" He snapped his head towards her direction well aware of what she would say and that was enough for her to quickly realise herself too, "Youngheum?"

He smiled at her once more before his face turned bitter, "Doyoung wants to see me.  Would you like to come Chaewon?  Maybe you can meet Jung."

"I'm sure Mr. Kim would like to see you only.  If anything he would let me know."

"Come!  I'll introduce you to Jung."

"Jung?"

Without further ado, he grabbed her gently by the her wrist out the door not taking her protests seriously.  And given their destination was – quite literally – a mere few seconds away, he twisted the door knob of the door opposite of them with his other hand still on her wrist.

As soon as the door swung open, Chaewon let out an inaudible gasp as her eyes doubled in the size they were when the male next to her barged in to her own office earlier.

"What the are you guys doing?"  Youngheum wore a disgusted expression at the sight of the two people infront of him.

The two males occupying the couch in front of them were in contact with each other but averted their attention to the intruding two at the door.

An unfamiliar man in his torso exposed by his unbottoned dress shirt and loosened tie frowned at Youngheum's reaction, "Don't have ugly thoughts running through your ing head, Youngheum."

The said male rolled his eyes once more, "Please spare some of us and continue your gay business later, Jaehyun."

Chaewon by now was flushing red to the point where her make up as doing a horrible job at hiding it.  An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter