001

His Neck Ties & Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Photo credit: MUSECUBE

 

Italics - thoughts/inner dialogue: male female

 

 

Perhaps some tea will do me good for the day.

Chaewon’s eyes glazed over the hanging menu board behind the cashier once again as the person in front had just scooted along the counter to the side.

The past few days had been hectic as she consistently had been drowning with the usual bitter, dark liquid that allowed her just enough charge to complete the last set of contract clauses.

The chime of the LED board tells her to remove her palm away from her forehead – the comfort retreating away causing her to slightly crease her brows.

I really need to get some sleep after this.

She grabbed the cup of hot beverage and headed towards the exit of the café.

“Great.” Chaewon had forgotten her umbrella for nth time this week; given that it was already Thursday, how could she not remember to catch the weather forecast again?

The bus stop was just a walk down the block. Surely, she could still make it in her 5-inch heels with a little speed walking.

Who was she kidding? It was pouring and not to mention – the sidewalk was already beginning to fill up with workers rushing to their offices. She would have to run.

At once, she downed the spitting hot tea and tossed it into the garbage can, letting out a painful sigh as it runs along , seeping into her stomach.

And she bolted. As fast as she could, being careful not to slip or bump into anybody – and she was swift indeed, having reached the stop just in time. Avoiding the stares directed at her semi wet attire and glistening handbag that created a puddle on the floor of the bus, she was finally seated next to a young high school girl who had her ears plugged, the muffled beats escaping from her wires was audible to Chaewon.

Tch. You’re going to ruin your hearing.

Nonetheless, it wasn’t any of her concerns.

She stood up from her seat and gave the bus driver an apologetic smile is if to say, “sorry for the wet floor,” aware that he had not seen the mess she made.

-----

Is this how it’s going to be like from now on?

Chaewon couldn’t help but slightly rethink her choice of taking up the position. After a year of working for the marketing department, she was already promoted to be the CEO’s secretary.

Normally she would be arriving with her colleague, Arin, who offered her rides back and forth – to which she was always grateful for. But now the change resulted Chaewon to be relocated two blocks up. She didn’t want to be of a hassle to Arin.

Only just three weeks ago had she gotten a notice from her manager, Mr. Suh, stating that she was recommended the position by him to the CEO. She had to admit, she wasn’t terrible at her job and at the end of the day, she always met the requirements.

It was pleasant to have assisted Mr. Suh and it would be a lie to say that the new position made her nervous. She was going to work for the man who managed the entire company, not just a department.

“You’ll be fine, Chaewon. Mr. Kim is a nice guy,” she recalled Mr. Suh’s reassurance, having noticed that she had held her breath in for a miniscule second.

Heck, her new boss was anything but a devil. He was exactly just that – a nice guy.

I think.

He never had complaints and for the three weeks that she’s been working under him, she would say that they both got along; though, they would never exchange long personal conversations.

She took notes of the small things that made her realise how far from the rumours that made him out to be as rude as she had heard.

He would dismiss her at 6PM but she would stay until the load was finished for the day. His own mini refrigerator inside his office was filled with water bottles and sometimes maybe a can of red bull. He also liked mint cho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter