ich weiß nicht

ich weiß nicht

when yonghwa asked her to tag along to ikea, joohyun was expecting a fun time, she’s personally never been to one, but she’s heard good things about the store; and how almost everyone goes there for the meatballs, instead of the actual furniture.

 

as fun as it is watching yonghwa look at every desk, it’s getting awfully boring for her. whoever designed the ikea layout is a smart motherer because she keeps adding stuff to their cart without realising until she returns back to yonghwa.

 

he’s frowning, standing in the center of two desks. they look similar, except one has a built-in drawer and she picks that one before yonghwa could even ask for her opinion.

 

they pass by the småland, waving to some curious kids who keep approaching them. joohyun leaves him to finish the rest and she tells him that he would have to try to assemble it on his own.

 

he suddenly straightens his back, smirking while patting her shoulder. “i might not be an engineering major like you, but i think i know how a table works.”

 

***

 

he doesn’t remember building a table like this. bolts and nuts spread around the floor, pieces of wood break off where he dropped the legs of the desk. he could hear joohyun cursing in the room while she plays defiance 2050 and he doesn’t want to give her the satisfaction that she’s right yet again.

 

manja judges him from the top of the fridge, staring with his shining blue eyes disinterestedly when he drops another dowel screw. he hardly registers the sound of padded socks running down to the living room.

 

“that’s not how you install a dowel screw.” joohyun grimaces when she imagines what would happen if she continues to let him be stubborn. “tell you what, you go ahead and play with manja while i fix the table up.”

 

“no, i’m not giving up.” he says but he’s already starting to get up to leave. she laughs when he hands her the hand drill while still insisting to continue.

 

“i owe you one.” yonghwa says before leaving a peck on her lips and beckons manja to go for a walk.

 

***

 

there’s a reason why yonghwa joined the business major - he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. he knows the inside out of the business industry, knowing how to solve issues with a snap of his fingers.

 

however, he’s not good with technology or any aspect of furniture building; which is why he and joohyun complemented each other. they both make up for whatever the other is lacking in.

 

when he’s done walking manja, more like he was dragging her everywhere, trying to get her to walk by herself. “stupid cat, you said wanted to walk.” he grumbles while taking his shoes off, and removes the leash and she runs back into the kitchen.

 

he walks into the living room to find it spotless, his new desk has been fixed up in the thirty minutes he was playing with manja. he hears the shower running and he rushes back out of the house to get her favorite milk tea which was just across the street.

 

***

 

“i love you,” yonghwa tells her while she tries not to choke on her drink when he reaches over to hug her, “i won’t complain about you drinking too much milk tea ever again.”