The Bet (Tzu)

Reasons for lying down on a train track
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Bet 

 

Dahyun sat back down after watching Chaeyoung run towards the girl she's been fussing about. She sighed and checked the time.

1:09 pm 

“HOLY SHII—TAKE MUSHROOMS ! I need to hurry! Lunch is going to have to wait!” Dahyun scrambled and left to go find another unsuspecting victim for her terrible pick up lines. She only had 11 hours and 51 minutes left before...judgement hour.


“Oh yeah, bye Dahyun. Don't mind me. Eating my salad, all alone!” Jihyo scoffed.

‘I didn't raise them to be this way. Damnit Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon! Corrupting my babies!’ 

“Jesus Christ, why are you stabbing your salad?” Jeongyeon asked as Nayeon sat down in front of Jihyo.

“Well I was thinking of you and your girlfriend” Jihyo replied dryly.

“You were thinking of me eh? Well I can't blame you, I am absolutely irresistible!” Nayeon exclaimed. Jeongyeon couldn't help but shudder at the thought that Bad boy Dahyun kind of sounds like Nayeon. The horrid sight of Dahyun and Chaeyoung will forever be ingrained in her mind. Forever. Snapping herself out of her thoughts, Jeongyeon was greeted by the sight of Nayeon doing a bunch of what she calls “high fashion poses” (although Jihyo and Jeongyeon would disagree).

“Nayeon sweetie, sit down.” 

“Yes ma'am”

“So, how are the three idiots doing? Still got no progress?”

“Well the two older idiots have nothing and I haven't seen Tzu much this entire week. Chaeyoung said she's been in the library a lot so I guess she's too busy for your stupid bet.” Jihyo said. In all honesty, the fact that she hasn't seen the maknae that much worries her a lot. That tall kid is practically her baby. Nayeon once told her that it's as if Jihyo gave birth to her, but they all understand why the girl is particularly protective of Tzuyu. After all they've seen it with their own eyes, so who wouldn't be even a little protective of that kid?

“Well It's either that or she's into library chicks.” Jeongyeon reasoned. The library of their university was huge, it had books and reference materials on almost anything you could possibly want to learn about. Designed with beautiful modern architecture, the building had multiple floors in which students could lounge around or study. It also had the best spots to make out in the entire campus. Jeongyeon should know, she's been a frequent visitor herself along with Nayeon.

"Jeong, babe. Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside your head."

"Same."


“What? The library's a great place for physical education!” Jeongyeon exclaimed whilst raising her eyebrows in a very suspicious way. Neither Nayeon nor Jihyo seemed to get what she meant.

“Do you even know what a library is for? Have you even been in one?! Nayeon I swear to myself, you're dating a !”

“Oh I've been in one plenty of times...with Nayeon” Jeongyeon said smugly as Nayeon’s face reddened at the thought of the things she did with Jeongyeon at the library.Get your minds out of the gutter! They just studied together. They studied...each other's bodies. The poor library. The amount of times it's been defiled by students is too many to count.

Jihyo however ,being a God level of purity, still didn't seem to understand the underlying innuendos behind Jeongyeon’s words.

“Jeong, just what kind of physical education do you think a person can do in a library—” But then realization hits and “Oh you unholy pieces of—”

 

As their conversation continued peacefully and quietly—definitely without any violence at all especially from a certain train-looking girl, a certain tall yoda was in the infamous library looking through a bookshelf.

“Achoo!” She sneezed, Was someone talking about her? Probably just some grandma or clean freak. Although it was true that a grandma, clean freak and train were talking about her, Tzuyu was indeed getting a bit sick from overworking herself on top of that having sleepless nights due to her constant working and never ending studying.

“B-Bless you!” A stranger said.

Tzuyu turned, with her camcorder in hand and muttered a small ‘thank you’. Tzuyu stared at the girl who was significantly smaller than with her usual stoic expression. It was only then when she noticed that the stranger’s face was flushed red. 

“Your face is really red” Tzuyu said blankly as she placed her hand on the girl’s forehead. The said girl then flinched a bit as her face immediately reddened even more. 

“O-Oh it's nothing! I-I'm fine!” 

“Okay Miss—”

“Nako, I mean you can call me N-Nako” Tzuyu then moved her hand from Nako’s forehead and placed a gentle pat on the top of the small girl's head. This small girl reminded her of two other small girls whom she was close to. The thought of her tiny friends, made Tzuyu smile. Although those two were chaotic crackheads, Tzuyu really cared for them. She'd probably die for them and she knew they’d do the same. Tzuyu lowered her head to the same level as the girl and gave her a very small smile which If Nako blinked, would've missed it.

“Ok Miss Nako, please take care of yourself.” Tzuyu said before turning to walk away. It seems as though the book she was looking for wasn’t there anyway. She was beginning to feel hungry too so she might as well take a break and have some lunch. ‘Now that I think about it, It’s been a while since I've eaten lunch with Dubs and Chaeng.’ 

“Wait! You were looking for a book right?” Nako called out hurriedly. 

Tzuyu nodded. 

“What book was it, I actually work here in the library so I can help you find it! i-if you’d like of course.” Nako stuttered. Tzuyu nodded and told her the name of the book, and Nako led her to where it was placed. Nako scanned through the shelves searching for Tzuyu's book.Today just isn't Nako’s lucky day as the book was on the top shelf.She tipped toed and reached to grab it but her eyes widened when another hand took it instead. Tzuyu simply noticed she was having a hard time and decided to end her suffering. She smiled and thanked Nako for helping her out.

“I-It's no problem! S-So physics book huh, so you must be in one of those STEM courses” Nako said, trying to form a conversation. 

“uhm yeah definitely” Tzuyu said. She never really was the best liar. Her friends always saw through her lies. Not that she enjoyed lying anyway. It's just, sometimes lying is necessary.She needed to get out of there fast. “uhm I have to go—”

“Oh of course, b-but h-here!” Nako reached out to Tzuyu a small piece of paper with a few numbers on it. Tzuyu took it and stared at it in confusion. ‘What is this some sort of code? Binary? Binary is only 1s and 0s though.’ 

“M-My number, F-For w-when you need h-help again.” 

“Ah Thanks—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter