The Bet (Chae)

Reasons for lying down on a train track
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Bet 

 

 

"Ey girl~" Chaeyoung said while wrapping her arm around the girl's shoulder. The girl was significantly taller than Chaeyoung so it was a struggle for Chaeng to get her arm around the girl.

 

"Hi uhm...Do I know you?" The girl, who tensed up under Chaeyoung's arm, asked. 

 

"Well ya should girl~ Chaeyoung Son is the name." 

 

"I'm Lisa—" the girl answered as she tried to get Chaeyoung's arm off her but she was immediately cut off.

 

"Shhhhhhhh" Chaeyoung shushed the girl and made sure to keep a smug grin on her face. Chaeyoung read that if you keep smiling it shows that you're open,friendly and confident. But Chaeyoung came off as more...douche-y.

 

"Uhm what?" To say the girl was confused was a complete understatement. 'Who is this rude freak? Why is she dressed so weirdly?' The girl who we now know as Lisa thought.

 

"Hush now baby girl~ I don't need to know your name but be sure to remember mine."  Chaeyoung made sure to keep her arm around the girl and have a firm grip on her shoulder. Chaeyoung leaned in to Lisa's ear to whisper "Cause you're gonna be screaming my name all night~".

 

 

 

SLAP

 

 

. . .

 

 

'What' Chaeyoung's right cheek suddenly felt numb as she looked up to see the girl who she was hitting on glaring at her. It seems as though the tables have been turned since the girl she was hitting on hit her pretty damn hard on the face.

 

"Stay away from me you erted midget!" The girl screamed which earned the attention of people around them. The girl then quickly walked away from Chaeyoung, leaving our poor tiger cub cradling her red cheek.

 

'Oh come on! What went wrong?! I followed everything that buff dude in the video said to do!' Chaeyoung thought as she walked to a vending machine to get something cold for her face. Truth be told, Chaeyoung has been doing this for the entire day and it obviously hasn't worked at all. This is probably on the line of ual harassment but it doesn't seem like Chaeyoung is giving up anytime soon.

 

'Damn that girl slaps so hard...My cheek is probably as red as a strawberry! Hmmm maybe i should try a new strategy. What do girls like these days? Art, Music, strawberries, girls— wait no those are things I like. But I'm a girl though— yeah but not all girls are the same Chaeyoung! Maybe i should just buy people's phone number online....Wait...that's it! Girls like money—' Chaeyoung's inner argument with herself was cut off when a girl handed her a drink. 

 

"Hey, I saw what happened there. so here..." the girl handed Chaeyoung the cold drink "For you face" the girl smiled. 

 

Chaeyoung looked up to see the girl's face and it was as if time stood still. Chaeyoung's mouth stood agape as she couldn't even comprehend the beauty in front of her. The girl's face had soft features and had moles that matched Chaeyoung's. The girl had an air of mystery around her and she was incredibly alluring, giving you a sense of wanting to get to know her. The epitome of grace and elegance stood right in front of her as she tried to remember how to speak.

 

"I-I uhhhh- uhh uhm—" Chaeyoung wants slap herself right now. 

 

"Hm?" The girl hummed patiently, waiting for Chaeyoung's reply and for her to accept the drink.

 

'Get it together Son Chaeyoung! This is your chance. Girls like money and you have it. So as the guy in the video said, "just casually flex your cash bruh!" and stop stuttering! You got this!'


"I have money." Chaeyoung said confidently as she fished out her several black credit cards from her fanny pack.

 

'I hate myself.I actually hate myself' Chaeyoung thought. Boy oh boy did she want to smash her own head in with a brick right now.

 

"Uhm Ok? So—"

 

"No wait I didn't mean that! I-I m-mean I do b-but what i mean is that I have money so I can buy a drink myself! Not to seem ungrateful or anything! It's just that I don't want to trouble you in any way so—"

 

"Hey hey, relax it’s fine" the mysterious girl’s chuckle sounded like music to Chaeyoung's ears.

 

"Here just take the drink." The girl said while bringing them to sit on a nearby bench.

 

Chaeyoung muttered a small 'thank you' before sticking the cold drink to her poor cheek. Chaeyoung also decided to only now finally put back all her damn credit cards in her fanny pack. This of course caught the attention of the mystery girl sitting a safe distance beside her. Chaeyoung saw the curious look the girl gave to her many credit cards and decided to explain.

 

"My parents really spoil me a lot and they said to keep these with me as spares. We live pretty comfortably you see. Big house,big cars, you name it we got it. Ah! Not to brag i mean! I just mean to say i have a really privileged lifestyle." She explained frantically while trying to keep the cold beverage on her cheek. The girl found this cute and chuckled which turned the little cub into a blushing mess.

 

"I don't really get how people live like that." The girl muttered under her breath;However, Chaeyoung was still able to hear this and noticed a sudden change in the girl's mood.

 

"Live like what?" She asked, eager to learn more about this rather mysterious girl.

 

"H-huh? Oh uhh nothing! I just meant to say what are you even planning to buy with all of that money anyways?" The girl immediately changed the topic which Chaeyoung's ever so oblivious didn't notice. 

 

Chaeyoung was simply too lost in the sea of the girl's eyes, on how she tucked stray strands of her hair behind her ear, on how absolutely stunning the girl's gummy smile was, on how the sunlight perfectly hit the side of the girl's face highlighted her soft features, on how beautiful the moles that adorned her face are, on how her mere presence alone exudes such grace and elegance, on how—

 

"You." 

 

Chaeyoung had been too busy adoring the girl in front of her that she couldn't even let out a proper response. 'Huh? Did I? Did I just? Did i really??—' 


"Excuse me?" The girl was dumbfounded.


'Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........ck..'


"NO NONONONONONO! I-I DIDN'T MEAN—"


"Are you implying that I'm like a product for sale?!" The girl, who was understandably pissed, stood up and looked at Chaeyoung with utter disgust.

 

"W-Wait I d-didn't me—"

 

"Wow so in 2019 we have women objectifying other women?!"

 

"What?! N-No! Wait p-please—"

 

"Geez, so you try to be nice to a person and this is what you get." The girl turned to walk away, but before she could even take a single step a firm grip on her wrist stopped her.

 

"Wait! I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying because I was too distracted so what you asked didn't really register in my mind and I just answered without thinking and i really didn't mean to be rude or objectify you at all, i mean women objectifying other women is absolutely absurd and it's something I'd never condone or ever do because—" Chaeyoung's entire ramble was cut short when sudden melodic laughter filled her ears. Not just anyone's laughter, but the girl who's wrist she was holding. Her laugh was so soft and light, so much so that it could barely even count as laughter, it seemed more like a prolonged giggle to Chaeyoung.

 

"Calm down. I was just toying with you." The girl said, eyes turned into crescents with a complete gummy smile on display.

 

'Holy crap. Is this legal? Is it legal to be this drop dead gorgeous?' Chaeyoung thought.

 

"Yes.Yes it is" The girl giggled with a another smile and a faint blush on her face.

 

"Wait did I say that out loud?!" Chaeyoung's eyes widened and released her grip on the girl. Her face was red from both the embarrassment and the slap from earlier.

 

"Yup" the girl said and chuckled again at Chaeyoung's cuteness.

 

Chaeyoung sat back down and immediately face-palmed out of frustration, accidentally hit the part of her face that got slapped earlier. She winced in pain which caught the attention of the girl. She sat down, grabbed the drink from Chaeyoung's hand and placed it on Chaeyoung's red cheek. This action of course caused the ever so desperate-for-a-girlfriend Chaeyoung to have her face turn an ever brighter shade of red.

 

"Are you okay? Your face is really red..."

 

"A-ah I'm f-fine. I just can't believe you tricked me like that earlier" Chaeyoung pouted. "Are you perhaps an theatre major? You're really good at acting!" Chaeyoung's cheek was slightly squished as she spoke because of the cold beverage placed next to it making the girl chuckle a bit before answering.

 

"Sorry for that, I just couldn’t resist the chance to mess with you. And nope, I’m actually a dance major. I guess I'm just a good actor” The mysterious girl's voice alone is enough to make any person swoon. 

 

'Ahh so that explains why her presence practically screams "ELEGANCE" at me' Chayoung thought. Or she thought she thought. She thought that she thought what she thought, but she didn't. Basically Chaeyoung said that out loud. again.

 

"Did I—"

 

"You did." The girl laughed as Chaeyoung could only get embarrassed for the hundredth time today.

 

"You know, you really look like a strawberry."

 

'A strawberry? Come on! I'm a Tiger! If this girl wasn't this damn pretty I would've taken that as an insult.' Chaeyoung thought. Luckily, she learned how to actually not verbalize her thoughts. Congratulations Chaeyoung.

 

"A strawberry? How so?" Chaeyoung asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter