dare or dare 5

dare or dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunchtime! Seulgi walks with bouncy steps and skips toward Joohyun's classroom.

 

It's been a while since they had lunch together, so she decided to surprise her too-busy-of-a girlfriend with some handmade lunch.

 

Hehe. She can't wait to see the look on Hyun's face when she tastes it!

 

She had woken up extra early to make the Bibimbap that Joohyun liked so much and she gotta admit, Seulgi gives herself a pat on the back, it tastes pretty darn good

 

Her grin spreads even wider just at the thought of Joohyun's eyes widen in surprise.

 

Hehe. Maybe Joohyun will even lean in and give her a quick kiss on the cheek as a result.

 

"Have you told Seulgi yet?"

 

Huh?

 

And any other day, she would have busted through the door with her dorky grin and ask, ‘what do you have to tell me?’ with a straightforward and innocent voice.

 

But…

 

Maybe it was Sooyoung's tone of voice. Maybe it was Joohyun’s fragile and broken ‘not yet’. Or maybe, Seulgi was just scared.

 

Because the question made her instinctively stopped right in front of the classroom with holding breath.

 

“You should tell her soon, Rene-ah. Don’t drag this out till graduation. Aren’t your family moving to London right after?”

 

London? England?

 

Joohyun is...leaving?

 

Seulgi had anticipated it. Expected it. Prepared for it. But for when Joohyun tells her that she will be across town for university not...this.

 

Not across the ocean! Not 9 thousand kilometers apart!

--

"Hyun-ah, what's going to happen to us once you graduate?” Seulgi snuggled up to Joohyun as the latter tried to concentrate on her novel.

 

The seniors had been so busy with college application for the past months and now that that is over, Seulgi is determined to cling onto her girlfriend any chance she gets!

 

Joohyun smiles at Seulgi’s antic. “Seoul U is not that far away. I'll still be around."

 

Liar!

 

“We can facetime each other and you can visit me!” Joohyun perked up at the idea of Seulgi visiting her at her dorm and maybe even stay overnight.

 

Not when you'll be on the other side of the world!

 

Seulgi stole a kiss on Joohyun's lips before beaming at the idea. Heh. Maybe she can even play hooky for one day and follow Joohyun to her classes.

 

They are nothing but broken promises now.

--

The memories faded like a distant dream, jolting Seulgi out of her reverie.

 

The worse part is, there's no one to blame but the timing of their relationship. Maybe Joohyun's parents but the elders are such caring people that Seulgi can't even think to hold grudge against them.

 

She only takes a brief glance at Joohyun's equally saddened expression, not confident that she can keep the tears and disappointment contained, before walking away.

 

First love never meant to work out anyway! Seulgi convinces herself as she disappears down the hallway.

 

She'll find someone else after Joohyun leaves! She tries to stay optimistic but her steps are sluggish and her heart clenches in pulsating pain.

 

Because Joohyun has taken such a large part of her heart that the thought of being without her feels...empty.

 

She had really taken time with Joohyun for granted. She thought they would have years together but...

 

Seulgi wipes away that lone tear with a newfound determination.

 

With two months left before graduation, Seulgi wants to fill their time together with so many happy memories that she can send Joohyun off with no regrets!

--

"Ta-da!!"

 

"You're late! Soo-" Wait! the height doesn't really match. "Seulgi?" Irene looks pass the bundle of flowers to see her supposedly busy girlfriend standing in front of her house. With a proud grin on her face.

 

"Happy anniversary!" Seulgi is so proud of her surprise attack that she didn't even notice the confusion on Irene's face.

 

Anniversary? What anniversary? It's not their one year yet.

 

"Happy three-two-one day!"

 

"Three two what?"

 

"It's our three hundred and twenty-first day together, silly!" Seulgi explains with enthusiasm but the confusion on Joohyun's face is starting to make her waver.

 

"Y-yeri said..t-that people don't celebrate one year anymore..."Her voice gets smaller and smaller as she explains. "S-she said that the 321st day is the thing to do now..."

 

"Is it not..?" Seulgi scratches the back of her head to hide the awkwardness. Damn Yerim! She swears that this will be the last time that she listens to that prankster.

 

Still so gullible.

 

"Hahah! Sorry babe. It's not a thing." Joohyun takes the flowers before leaning in and whispers "but we can make it OUR thing."

 

Joohyun doesn't even have to look to know that there is a huge grin on Seulgi's face right now. But she looks anyway because even after 321 days of seeing it, it is still the most adorable thing.

--

"Okay babe, you can stop smiling now. You're scaring that little kid." Joohyun notions toward that little girl sitting across from them on the train.

 

Poor kid. She looks so confused at the grin on Seulgi's face. She's probably wondering why this weird unnie is smiling like a kid on a field trip.

 

"But Hyun~ it's our first trip together! I got it all planned out.” Seulgi pulls out a map as she says it. “Busan is famous for their pork rice soup and this place,” Joohyun can see a little star on the map where Seulgi just pointed at “has some amazing reviews!”

 

Aside from the star, Joohyun can also make out some notes on the map. ‘Ddeokbokki Hyun’s might like’, ‘Watch the sunset with Hyun’, ‘Serves Hyun’s favorite Bingsu flavor.’

 

Aww. Joohyun feels all warm and fuzzy as she reads the notes. How did she get so lucky with a girlfriend as adorable and considerate as this bear next to her?

 

If it wasn’t for the little girl still staring at them, she would have pulled Seulgi in and kissed away the grin.

Instead, she pats her shoulder and urges Seulgi to “get some rest. We will need the energy to do all the things you have planned.”

 

"Okie~ but wake me up in 2 hours!" Seulgi stifles a yawn as she rests her head on Joohyun’s shoulder and clings on to Joohyun’s arm like a koala.

 

Joohyun smiles lovingly as she places a soft kiss on the crown of Seulgi’s head. So adorable.

---

"Hyun-ah! Look!" Seulgi tugs at Joohyun's hand to grab her attention. After she was sure that Joohyun is looking at the direction she is pointing, she added, "it looks just like you!"

 

"Yah!" Joohyun attempts to smack Seulgi when she sees the pufferfish swimming up to them with its big round face and protruding mouth. "I don't look like that!" Joohyun subconsciously puffed her cheeks and pouted.

 

Cute!

 

Seulgi quickly lifts her camera and snaps a picture. "See! You guys are like twins!" She shows Joohyun the picture of her and the pufferfish in the same frame before running away laughing. She knows that Joohyun will be chasing after her ready to punch her on the shoulder.

 

Seulgi glides with glee as the day is wrapping up.

 

This trip to Busan has been perfect!

 

They traveled through the streets of Busan, eating nothing but yummy food.

 

They stopped by the aquarium and played with the fishies.

 

They went to the beach and watched the sunset.

 

So far, everything has been per...

 

“Uh…there’s only one bed.” It was more of a statement than a question because it’s obvious that there’s only one twin-size staring back at them. One tiny twin-size bed!

 

“Uh-um-I-I swear I told Yerim to book a room with two twin size beds!” Seulgi types madly on her phone as she explains. Probably texting the culprit for an explanation.

 

Of course, it would be Yeri. Who else would pull this kind of prank besides Seulig’s one evil friend?

 

Joohyun pushes Seulgi’s phone away to command her full attention. “Babe. Are you saying that you give this important task to Yeri, who’s main enjoyment is to prank you?”

 

“She…” Seulgi wanted to defend herself by defending her friend but there’s nothing she can come up with. That little Squirtle is probably cackling at their situation right now.

 

“Welp. I guess we’ll just have to share the bed tonight.” Joohyun pulls Seulgi in by the waist and whispers sultrily into her ear with a smirk on her face. She knew exactly how to tease this innocent bear of a girlfriend.

 

Eeep! And sure enough, Seulgi’s face flushes bright red at the indication. She hides her face within Joohyun’s embrace while Joohyun chuckles at her reaction.

 

"Hyun-ah~ I love you." Seulgi fights the sleepiness to whisper those three words.

 

She can feel Joohyun tightens her hold around her shoulders, filling up whatever nonexisting gap that was there.

 

"I love you too, Seulgi-ah," Seulgi can feel Joohyun leans in a place a chaste kiss on her forehead.

 

Seulgi opens her eyes to see Joohyun staring at her with love and longing. Like she has so much to say but not enough time to express it all.

 

"I- thank you so much for planning this."

 

Seulgi panics a little when she saw that Joohyun's eyes were dampened with tears.

 

Joohyun, who is always so sure and confident, now looks like a lost child. A child who is asked to do something she doesn't want to do.

 

"Hyunnie." Seulgi draws small circles on Joohyuns back to ease her tears. " I'll see you again. You'll come back, right? If not, I can come to visit you. And you can let me crash at your place. And we can go visit the Big Ben and ride that giant Ferris wheel together." Seulgi tries to smile at the possibility but they both know that it's farfetched.

 

A farfetched dream that Joohyun doesn't want to wake up from. "Of course I'll come back." She caresses Seulgi's cheeks as she gives her a reassuring smile. "I'll come back before you forget about me and fall for another prettier and older woman." The words came out jokingly but Joohyun knows that there is some truth to them.

 

"You better come back soon then. You know I have poor long-term memory!"

 

"Then I'll just have to make you remember if you forget." Joohyun leans in and steals a kiss on Seulgi's lips making younger girl blushes. "As long as I'm around. You're mine!"

 

"Haha. So possessive." Seulgi chuckles at Joohyun's clinginess. "But I wouldn't have it any other way."

 

Their arms lock securely around one another as they drift off to dreamland, leaving plenty of room to spare in their twin size bed.

 

A farfetched dream that Joohyun promises to achieve no matter what.

 

Wait for me Seulgi. I promise I'll come back to you.

 

---

Three years later

 

"Kang-Seul-Gi! Kang-Seul-Gi! Kang-Seul-Woo!!" The chant soars into a cheer once Seulgi gulps down the last drop of beer and slam down the stein.

 

She flips the stein upside down and raises it like a trophy to show the crowd that the cup is truly empty. And that elicits another loud cheer from her friends.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter