dare or dare 4

dare or dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rene-ah! Wanna go Karaoke with us today?"

 

"Sorry. I'm grabbing dinner with Seulgi's parents tonight."

 

"WHAT!? You're meeting the parents already?" Joy's loud voice booms across the cafeteria. "Dang! How long have you guys been together? 4 months? 5 months?"

 

"5 and a half. Jeeze. It's just dinner. What's the big deal?" Irene shrugs off Joy's dramatic reaction.

 

"Just dinner? JUST DINNER?" Irene listens as Joy continues to go off how it is not just dinner. "It's dinner with THE PARENTS! This dinner can make or break your relationship. What if they don't like you? What if you don't like them? What if they only eat salad all day, every day? What if they have some weird hobby?" Irene watches as Joy continues to pace around and throwing out all these ridiculous what ifs.

 

Okay. Joy can be overly dramatic most of the time but this time...for some reason...Irene is starting to feel a little nervous. Not for the salad or the weird hobby, but..what if...they don't like her?

 

Stupid Joy! She was fine until now.

 

"Hey, Wendy. What're Seulgi's parents like?" Irene turns toward a more reliable source of information as Joy continues to ramble on.

 

"They're really nice and friendly. But..." Uh-oh, Irene can hear the pauses as Wendy pounders on her next word. "Are you having dinner at their place?"

 

Irene can see the sympathy on Wendy's face after she nodded in response.

 

Wendy reaches out pats her on the shoulder. "Good luck. Bring candies if you want to come out of there alive."

 

"Candies?"

 

"Yup. Candies. Lots of candies!"

 

Stupid Wendy! She was just nervous before now she is actually a little afraid.

--

Irene walks with nervous steps toward her doom.

 

Dramatic? Well, what do you expect when she's been picturing the worse for dinner at the Kangs for the whole week.

 

Joy and Wendy were no help at all. And Yeri just made it worse!

 

While Wendy tells her to only bring candies, Yeri warned her to bring sleeping pills! The girl seriously even stuffed a few into her pocket while she wasn't paying attention.

 

"Joohyun? Are you okay?"

 

"Huh? Uh-yea." Irene looks at Seulgi smiling at her before opening the door to her home.

 

This looks normal. A pastel pink, three-story home, with a nice friendly 'welcome home' mat in front.

 

"Dad! I'm home!" Seulgi's loud voice echoes down the hallway.

 

"In the kitchen!" Yum. The smell of braised chicken accompanies the voice in replying.

 

Irene looks around. Everything looks normal so far.

 

"Annyeonhaseyo, Mr. Kang." And Seulgi's dad looks friendly.

 

"Ah! So, you are Joohyun. We have heard so much about you. Too much actually." He lets out a soft chuckle. "Seulgi won't stop talking about you."

 

"I-I do not!" Seulgi tries to change to the topic quickly before her dad blurts out any more embarrassing stories. "Um-where's mom?"

 

"Oh. She went to pick up the kids."

 

Seulgi's siblings? Joohyun thought to herself. Ah! So that’s who the candies are for!

 

"SEULGI-NUNAAAA! SEULGI-UNNIEEEE! PLAY WITH US!!"

 

If the voices were not obvious enough, the stampede of footsteps thumping down the hallway toward the kitchen gives Joohyun a sense of the numbers running toward them.

 

Ah…So that’s who the sleeping pills are for….

 

One. Two. Three. Four. Five!

 

Five little kids ran toward them and latched onto Seulgi's leg in a blink of an eye.

 

"Yena! Nako! Yuri! Ten! Mark!" Seulgi crouches down and pulls them in a hug. "How was school?"

 

All of them competes to tell Seulgi their day.

 

Joohyun smiles amusingly as Seulgi tries to get them to talk one at a time until one of them points at her and asks Seulgi, "Unnie! Who's that?"

 

"Oh. That's Joohyun. Unnie's girlfriend!" Seulgi says proudly as she shows Joohyun off to the kids.

 

"Girlfriend?"

 

"Like mommy to daddy?"

 

They didn't even wait for Seulgi to answer before their attention shifted to Joohyun.

 

"Joohyun-unnie! Joohyun-nuna! unnie! nuna!"

 

"Play with us! Let's play! Let's play the magic carpet ride!"

 

Joohyun watches as five little bobbleheads gather around her and try to drag her to the living room.

 

What to do? Joohyun has never had to deal with kids before. But...how hard can it be right?

 

"Uh- I don't th-" Seulgi tries to warn her girlfriend but it was too late. Joohyun's loud and clear "Sure!" already got the kids running to the living room excitedly and sitting on the carpet waiting for Joohyun to play with them.

 

Seulgi watches as Joohyun drags Yuri and Yena around on the carpet.

 

Seulgi smiles as Joohyun spins Nako and Mark in circles and watches them struggling to walk in a straight line.

 

Seulgi laughs when the kids jump on a tired Joohyun trying to get her to play some more with them.

 

Seulgi joins in when Joohyun is laughing with the kids as she tickles them.

 

Hehe. How did she get so lucky with Joohyun?

 

Joohyun is so pretty.

 

Joohyun is so kind.

 

Joohyun is so adorable.

 

Hehe. And the best part is, Joohyun is her girlfriend!

--

"KIDS! Dinner!"

 

One word. That was all it took to get all of their attention.

 

Dinner. The sacred word for FOOD! Yummy food!

 

The kids disappeared already before Joohyun can even react.

 

Seulgi quickly grabs onto Joohyun’s hand and drags her to the dinning room, “come on. Let’s go before all the food is gone!”

 

Hahah. Sure enough, the side dishes were almost half gone with them piled on each of the kids’ plate.

 

“MOM! They hogged all the kimchi and pickled cucumbers already!”

 

Joohyun laughs out loud when she hears Seulgi tattling on her siblings that are half her age.

 

With so many young siblings, no wonder Seulgi is so innocent still.

 

“Yena! Mark! Nako! Put some back!” The ones that got called out by Seulgi’s mom put some back reluctantly while the other two giggles for not being called out.

 

Seulgi sticks her tongue out at them as she picks up the replenished kimchi and places it on Joohyun’s plate. And maybe plus other stuff besides Kimchi.

 

“Yah! Kang Seulgi! Eat your veggies. Don’t try to sneak your green peas onto Joohyun’s plate.” Seulgi thought she was being discrete but her mom caught her almost immediately.

 

“Uh-hah-hah. That’s because-uh-Joohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter