dare or dare

dare or dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When her friends dared her to ask the prettiest girl in school out, they didn't think she would do it.

 

They didn't think she would just storm up to the cheer captain on a game-night and asks "Irene-shi. Will you go out with me?" with her squeaky high pitch tone and nervous smile.

 

And they definitely didn't expect the most popular and prettiest girl in school to say "sure" so nonchalantly.

 

This was definitely not part of the plan. There was no alternative to the script that Seulgi has in her head. Irene was supposed to scoff at her attempt and ruthlessly reject her. It is written in her reputation!

 

"Uh. What?" Seulgi dares to look up at the girl in front of her and asks her to repeat herself. Maybe she will get an answer that makes sense this time.

 

"I said sure." The cheer captain looks a little irritated for having to repeat herself again. She is sure the clumsy bear heard it the first time.

 

"W-woah! Heol! W-wait a minute." Seulgi fuddles around with her purse looking for her phone. "Just one minute!" She holds up her index finger at Irene while her phone is ringing.

 

"YERI! YERI! HELP"

 

"What do you want? Make it quick! I'm with Saeron right now."

 

"You know how we were playing truth or dare yesterday? And I picked dare. And your mean dared me to ask the prettiest girl in our school out on a date? Well, I did! Andshesaidyes!" She explains in one breath.

 

"Well congrats. Now you guys can ride off to the sunset and live happily ever after." Yeri claps for her friend in the most sarcastic tone she can muster. Maybe the annoying bear will take the hint and hang up.

 

"No Yeri! You don't get it. I asked Irene out and shesaidyes!"

 

Gosh. Can't she just get one peaceful Friday to enjoy her date with her girlfriend? Is that too much to ask?

 

"Which Irene? Braces Irene from chem class or sweaty armpit Irene from PE?"

 

"! You said the prettiest girl in school so I asked Bae Irene. The pretty and gorgeous cheerleader Irene!"

 

OMG. For real? Yeri shakes her head in disbelief. She knew her friends were crackheads but "Are you ing high?" No, scratch that. "Is she high?"

 

"I-I don't think so. But let me ask."

 

"Wait! No! Seulgi, don't!" Yeri yells after her friend but it was too late. Seulgi already turned toward Irene and opened to say "My friend asks if you're high."

 

Irene stares back with the face that practically says 'are you ing kidding me' and maybe she might have said it out loud too.

 

"Eeep! Yeri, I'll call you back. I think she is angry."

 

"Are you done?" Irene's dominating presence looms over Seulgi's and making her look smaller than what she should not be.

 

Seulgi nods earnestly hoping that the pretty cheerleader is not going to skin her alive.

 

No! Not the cellphone! She screams internally as Irene yanks her phone away from her grip.

 

"That's my number. And now I have your's." Irene throws the phone back at her. "We start on Monday. "

 

"Eeep?"

 

"We start dating on Monday." Irene really hate repeating herself but she needs to drill the message into this stupid bear’s head.

 

"Eeeeep?" If only Yeri is here now. She would probably measure the height of Seulgi's eyebrows and call it a record.

 

"What should I save you as?"

 

"Eeep..."

 

"Okay, Eeep. Meet me in front of the gate on Monday." Irene tosses her hair to the back and walks back to the game. She is going to need a translator for this eeep language. Maybe her friends might be able to decode it for her.

--

 

"You're late."

 

"Eeep?" That was just a dream Seulgi. Irene is not talking to you right now. You did not ask her out Friday night. She did not agree to it. It was all a dream~~

 

She will just walk briskly past the pretty cheerleader. Irene will not even notice her. She probably is still non-existence to her.

 

Yup. Everything will be back to normal.

 

"And now you are ignoring me!?"

 

Seulgi looks around just to make sure that it is she who Irene is talking to. "Who? Me?" She points at herself just to confirm.

 

"Yes, you! You who speaks some weird language you."

 

Ah, so it wasn't a dream. She did ask Irene out! Irene did say yes! So what? Are they actually dating now? Does that mean that she can just grab her hand and plant a good morning kiss on that pink cheek?

 

"Don't even think about it."

 

Seulgi's eyebrows raise themselves up to her forehead in surprised "D-d-did I just say that out loud?"

 

"No. But you face said it all. Come on. I'll introduce you to my friends."

 

Oh gosh. This is for real! Because..

 

Hehe. Irene is holding her hand.

Hehe. Irene is dragging her across the school ground.

Hehe. Irene is introducing her to her popular friends.

 

Oh . They are all looking at her now.

 

"Guys. Meet my new girlfriend. This is..."

 

"Eeep." Seulgi lets out a squeak as she feels her ribcage being poked by Irene's sharp elbow.

 

"Okay, Eeep. Now introduce yourself in a language we can all understand please." Damn, Irene can sure give Yeri a run for her money as the queen of brutal sarcasm.

 

"Hi. I'm Seulgi. Kang Seulgi." She gives a meek wave to the cheerleaders and jocks that hang out in this corner of the school. The popular corner.

 

Oh . They are still just looking at her but now with that dafuq expression in their face.

 

Park Joy, the other popular and pretty cheerleader, gives Seulgi an apologetic smile before pulling Irene aside and whispers "What the hell, Rene! Do you even know her?"

 

"Sure I do. Her name is Seulgi. Kang Seulgi."

 

"You found that out like 2 seconds ago!"

 

"So? At least she's better than those es that keep stuffing my locker with chocolates and flowers but too scared to leave a name."

 

"And besides," all of a sudden Irene's long arm wraps itself around Seulgi's tall frame, "she's adorable."

 

And as if on cue, Seulgi smiles innocently.

 

Joy sighs in defeat before turning toward Seulgi and said, "Seulgi. Let me know if she does anything stupid. I'll beat her up for you."

 

Aww. Joy is so kind. Honestly, if Irene didn't attend this school, she would probably go for Joy for that dare.

 

"Awesome! It's like a free get out of jail card huh. Hm. Can I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter