One fine day

ONE FINE DAY (OUR STORY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just a normal day in a windy spring, an after school day when the two high school students who are on their last year are playing in the yard until the twilight slowly changed into a night. The last year students who were still on their school uniforms loved to spend their time to enjoy their free time before they would be trapped in the exams period. There were just playing around in the yard not far from their house. Talking about random things, telling joke, running around the yard while the free-spiritted brown haired girl tried to steal the handy cam from the owner and capturing every precious moment they were spending together, capturing her playing mate who was feeling embarrased for being filmed.

"Yaaahh stop it... Give me back my camera" The girl with the long straight hair who owned the camera looked shy and tried to protect her face and preventing the brown haired girl who stole her cam and filmed her silently.

They two pieces of small fireworks and played with it while the long straigh haired girl held back her camera and capturing the moment.

"They looked like the star"

"I wish this would last forever and never fade...." the girl with the brown haired stated, turned her head to look at the girl beside her who was holding her camera.

".....You will stay here next to me too, right?" The brown haired girl asked to the other girl who was busy filming her.

"Of course.., why would you ask that?" She smiled and replied in her very cute yet soft tone.

The brown haired girl smiled sweetly instead of answering the question. She didn't stop smiling while staring at the girl with the camera.

"Yaah, stop staring at me like that" she looked shy.

"Anniyo, I was just staring at your camera" 

*********

Bomi glances down to someone next to her who is snoring loudly, it's a thing that she has to deal every night, the snoring sound from someone who sleeps with her every night. She woke up with the memories that she had in the past, her high school moments, her high school friends. Her mind recalled the memories few years ago when she was still happily playing around with her bestfriend whenever they finished the class. She wouldn't even mind if her parent scolded her for going home too late and never helped them at the supermarket.

She would gladly back to the time behind, living with not much thinking about the hard things of life, living with the joy with happy people around her, running on the yard with her bestfriend. She would pay anything if only it's possible to go back to the moments.

However, she knows that the more she thinks about it, the more her heart hurt. The more she remembers the past, the more she regrets it more than everything. Back then, they were just too young, when everything wasn't stable.

She gets up and ignoring someone beside her on the bed, she takes her time cook a simple dish before she takes her time to shower and dress herself as simple as she always be.

******

Walking down the small path on the country side, stepping her foots somewhere only she knows, alone, no car, no traffic, no busy phone calls no emails from work, it was the precious moment that Bomi could feel so grateful today.

"Nae yeoboseyyo?"

"......."

"Uhm, I'm not in Seoul now"

"........."

"Eoh, going somewhere for a while"

"....."

"Just to meet a friend"

"......"

"Uhm, she was a very close friend of mine"

"....."

"We were very close, I've told you before"

"...."

"Nae, you don't know all my friends, do you?"

"......"

"No reason, she just came across my mind, and I probably miss her"

"...."

"Nae, I'll be back tomorrow morning, I've prepared a brunch for you, sorry for not telling you that I'm going somewhere, I didn't have a heart to wake you up"

"...."

"Nae, I'll call you when I arrive Seoul tomorrow, see you oppa"

******

Continuing her steps, following the path that directed straight to a place where you can slowly hear a soft sound of violin comes from the -not so small- house nearby. She stops her steps, she closes her eyes, she takes a short breathes listening to the calming violin sound. She smiles, she knows the owner of the fingers who hit the string beautifully.

She walks closer to the place where the violin sounds come from, her smile is gently formed as soon as she spots the beautiful girl with the violin on her neck. She's still the same, she hasn't changed a bit, still looks beautiful with her long straight hair and it's still black, still looks soft as she was before, still looks calming with a violin in her hand and her old little handy cam in front of her, the handy cam that she used a lot in the past to record every of their activites when they were still in school. Bomi realized how she misses the girl so much after few years. She was finally able to see the girl that she used to get close with.

After a long period of staring at the girl at the nearby house, she steps foward and begin to move her feet to the house. She couldn't even manage her breath, she was too nervous, she wasn't able to take a breath, but she was too enthusiastic to be seeing the girl from the past. After about few minutes of making herself calm, Bomi was finally able to feel calm and relax so that she can continue her steps.

Finally, it's only few steps ahead to the long haired hair with the violin, she was still busy holding her violin while staring at the music score. Bomi was about to walk closer toward the girl but she decided to stop a bit, to enjoy the girl playing a melody from "Sad Romance" with a piano instrument as a background from her CD player. She feels relaxed, yet she feels the sadness from the song that the girl played, the sadness that came from a long time ago, the sadness that seems appeared right after their happiness are gone, sure it was still her fault even though she has apologized and made up with the girl about a years ago.

Bomi was lost in her world when the girl finally finished with her song and started to realize that there was another girl was staring into her while she was busy with her violin. She was quite calm and quickly put down her violin and put it back on its box. She doesn't look surprised after realized that the brown haired girl was standing in front of her, she didn't even realize how long has it been.

"C-Chorong..." Bomi tried to open the conversation after the long straight haired girl put down her violin.

******

She brings her inside her small room that can be called as her gallery where few violins are hanging on there. Bomi made herself as comfortable as she possibly could be on the chair and waited for Chorong -the girl who played violin before- took some drinks for them and give it to her. They looked so awkward, everything can't be as smooth as before as something happened before their separation.

"What bring you here..... Bomi-ya?" the girl finally began to speak. It took five minutes before she really talked after just staring at Bomi who was suddenly in front of her sight after few years.

"Well I,, I was,, nearby,, then I thought about you and came" she lied. Chorong exactly knows that Bomi was lying but she didn't even bother about that.

They seemed to be awkward at each other, holding back the smile or the willing to talk to each other. They grabbed their drink awkwardly. It was Bomi who finally speak again.

"Why,, why are you still here? You said you hate this place a long time ago" it was a certain question that brings Chorong's memory to few years ago when she said she hated this place after being separated with Bomi. She hated it for some reason, this place was also a place where she used to spend her time mostly with Bomi everytime they finished their class and didn't play in the yard. She used to spend her time a lot at this place for practicing violin, where Bomi would steal her handy cam and recorded her while practicing the violin.

"No exact reason,, I just thought this place fits me, it's still calming no matter what, I can focus on practice here" Chorong replied.

They stared at each other again, awkwardly before then Chorong walked back to the desk where she put her violin, she fixed it and closed the box. Bomi was on her own thought when she finally walked around the small places, looking around the violins that all belong to Chorong. She loves how Chorong hang it and arrange it neatly, she loves how Chorong is always able to take care all of her violins that she has, she recognize the old violins that she used to know in the past, nothing new, she knew Chorong would always love and take care of her things.

"You still manage them well, really none of them are broken, how did you do this all?" 

Chorong takes a glances to the brown haired girl who was looking around her place.

"I knew this one is still your favorite, I still remember how happy you wetr when you got this sign" she's looking at the white violin with a sign from Chorong's favorite violinist.

Again, Chorong really didn't say anything and keeps arranging the music scores that she used before, she was just glancing at Bomi some times. She couldn't really explain what she was feeling right now, but she has no ability to talk a lot to Bomi like she used to do in the past.

"Chorong..." Bomi called when she was lost in her thoughts.

"Can I try to play this one?" Bomi pointed to onreof the violins, she remember she tried to learn a bit from Chorong in the past, she remember she would beg to Chorong to teach her a bit how to play violin although she would end up got scolded by Chorong for producing a bad sound.

Chorong nodded, allowing her school mate to play one of her violin. She chuckled seeing Bomi was so stiff, looks like she never learn it properly.

"Your shoulder is too stiff, loosen it a bit" she said to the brown haired girl. 

Bomi listened to her and fixed her position and try to swipe the string of the violin with the bow on her right hand. She tried to play the old children song that she used to learn in the past, it's twinkle twinkle little star.

Chorong chuckled seeing her school mate doesn't get any better until today

"You didn't hold it properly" she said, she walked to the brown haired girl and help her fix the instrument position on her neck and her finger on the string.

"Try to bow again"

Bomi did as Chorong said, she tried it again and tried to produce a good sound from the string and the bow. It didn't take 10 seconds before Chorong get her help again, she re-fixed Bomi's finger position and help her to put in the right key. She didn't realize when she held Bomi's hand for few seconds. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter