Chapter 8

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“CHAEYEON!”

 

Sakura shouted in anguish seeing Chaeyeon's body lying there from where she was standing awhile ago. She couldn't think anymore on what to do. She couldn't even bring herself to stand and run to her. 

 

Soon afterwards an ambulance came and the crowding people subsided on the accident sight. Medics came out rushing to Chaeyeon, preparing to lift her on to the stretcher.

 

A medic also came to Sakura and keep on asking if she was hurt but she just sat there crying and staring at Chaeyeon. Just then as Chaeyeon was put down to the stretcher, she caught a glimpse of her face. Memories then flash into her mind with Chaeyeon's cheeky smile, playful laughs, gleaming eyes-- she wish to see this all instead of a lifeless Chaeyeon.

 

Ignoring the medic, Sakura stood up limply then ran towards the direction of the stretcher despite the pain she was feeling from falling earlier. She immediately hold on to Chaeyeon's hand as she faced the medic telling them she needs her.

 

 

~*~

Sakura didn’t let go of Chaeyeon’s hand even though they already arrived to the hospital. As they were coming close to the emergency room she couldn't help but to keep on crying just looking at Chaeyeon.

 

"Chae please, don't give up- I'm sorry please--"

 

“Miss, let go her hand,” a nurse demanded.

 

Sakura did what she was told and just stood there while they disappeared into the emergency room.

 

 

~*~

Chaeyeon’s family and Sakura’s dad arrived after thirty minutes. All but her sister, Chaeryeong, looked at Sakura with eyes of annoyance. Only Chaeyeon's mother made a bittersweet smile at her.

 

“What happened?” she calmly asked Sakura.

 

“Uh-I d-don’t really know. But, I think she pushed me out of the way of the car. And, uh, so, um, she was hit instead.” Her voice quivered. “I’m sorry.”

 

Suddenly someone produced an irritated sound.

 

“It’s always you! You always hurt my sister!” Chaeryeong screamed at her face.

 

“Young lady please have some respect!” Sakura’s dad exclaimed as he covered his daughter.

 

A doctor emerged from the ER.

 

“She’s out of danger now. We’ll transfer her to a proper room, before you can see her.”

 

Everyone sighed in relief. But, Chaeryeong didn’t stop glaring at Sakura.

 

 

~*~

When Sakura, her dad, and Chaeyeon’s family entered the room, Chaeyeon was already awake. She has on her head and a cast on her left arm. Her family rushed towards her side blocking Sakura from her sight.

 

“Hey, sweetie, how are you?” her mother asked.

 

“I’m fine, Mom,” Chaeyeon smiled and squirmed in her bed. Pain erupted from her side making her groan.

 

“Don’t move too much Chae,” his father ordered.

 

“Yeah,” she smiled apologetically. She then made a face like she just remembered something.

 

“Glad you’re okay kid,” Sakura’s dad said making Chaeyeon, a bit awake, as she responded with a nod in return.

 

A minute of silence before she asked, “Um, so, i-is Sa-Sakura alright, um-where is she?”

 

Everyone went silent before looking at Sakura who’s absentmindedly looking at the floor.

 

“Um, can you leave us alone?” she asked her family.

 

Her father nodded before gesturing to her wife and daughter to get out.

 

Sakura’s dad opposed a bit by clearing her throat, which Sakura responds to,

 

“Dad, can we?”

 

Her dad then nod before he went out of the room.

 

 

~*~

“Come here,” Chaeyeon gestured at the chair beside her bed when everyone was gone.

 

Awkward silence hammered Sakura’s ears.

 

“Are you okay?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

“Yeah, t-thanks to you but y-you didn’t have to do that,” Sakura said not looking at Chaeyeon for she's about to cry again.

 

“You think so? But as for me, I don’t have any regrets saving you,” Chaeyeon said.

 

“Honestly, if I need to sacrifice my life to save yours, I think I don’t have any hesitations,” she added chuckling afterwards.

 

Sakura was taken aback by her confession.

 

She got angry because of it.

 

 

“Why?” she said in a low irritated voice.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“Why? I left you at that hall without any word! I ruined our relationship. You should be angry at me!” she shouted with her tears flowing.

 

“You should hate me!” Sakura didn’t care anymore if anyone would hear her, “Why?”

 

 

Chaeyeon just smiled softly then just stared lovingly at Sakura.

 

“Yeah, I was angry that you left me. But, I can’t bear a life without you. And I regret whatever I said to you when you were in the hospital. I’m sorry.”

 

“Why, why would you sacrifice your life for me?”

 

Chaeyeon smiled again, the smile that’s reserved just for Sakura, “Because, life is not worth living when you don’t have someone to die for.”

 

Sakura hiccupped. “You’re unfair, you know? Then, you’ll just go and die? How about me?”

 

“That’s why I won’t die. Because, it’s more worth living once you have someone to live for.”

 

Sakura cried even more. Reaching out to Chaeyeon, she held her right hand caressing it with both of her hands, “I’m sorry.”

 

“Then consider it apology accepted,” Chaeyeon laughed. “I love you, and I’ll tell you a secret but, promise you won’t kill me, okay?”

 

Sakura wiped her tears and raised a questioning eyebrow.

 

 

“Did you know that I was following you the whole trip?”

 

 

“Huh?” then everything clicked.

 

The flowers, the guitar pick, and the s.

 

“You gave m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter