Chapter 2

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a mess after she ran. Guests stood in their seats dumbfounded, confused, and demanded explanations. And the hall that was filled with the harmonious melody was replaced by murmurs. Minju was the first to follow Sakura. It took Chaeyeon a moment to break out of her shocked state before following Sakura.

 

By the time she was out of the hall, there was no sign of her beloved. She asked the passerby where Sakura went. They said that she got on a taxi and another woman managed to get on the taxi on the last second.

 

She slumped on the pavement. Feeling crushed. She wondered what she might have done to make her ran away. She loves Sakura, she did everything to make Sakura feel loved.

 

With pity eyes, the guests were coming out. She hated being pitied.

 

     “I told you so. I knew she didn’t love my sister,” she heard her sister telling her friend Ryujin.

 

She finally snapped at that. She immediately rose up and moved towards her sister. “Don’t you ever say that!” she shouted angrily. Her sister just looked at the ground, lost for words.

 

     “Hey, Chae,” somebody called out from behind. It was Yena, her best bud handing her over a phone. She eyed questioningly Yena for it.

     “It’s for you,” she said.

 

She hoped it was Sakura, “Hey, Chae,” but it was Minju, much to her disappointment.

 

     “Yeah? It’s me. Where are you right now?!” she demanded.

     ”We’re heading for Sakura’s condo.”

     “Okay. I’ll be coming there,” she reached for her keys from her father.

     “No. Don’t,” ordered Minju.

     “What?! She can’t just leave it like that. I demand explanations right now!” she shouted at the phone.

     “I think she needs time. Please, just wait for her. She didn’t planned nor liked anything that happened recently,” Minju explained, “I’ll call you when she’s ready to talk,” Minju brought the phone down before Chaeyeon could even reply.

 

 

~*~

It’s nearing seven in the evening, and the air conditioning’s been opened for five hours straight, making the room freezer-cold. Sakura and Minju never had a proper conversation since what happened that afternoon. Minju has been entertaining calls nonstop while Sakura just lay on the couch with swelling eyes.

 

     “Um, yeah…. Sorry,” Minju apologized to the caller.

     “Tell my regards to her”

     “Okay. Thank you.”

 

Minju sighed as she put down her phone. was dry from all the talking she did and stomach’s growling from the lack of food.

 

     “What do you want to eat? I’ll cook for you,” she asked Sakura

 

Sakura didn’t answer; she just stared absentmindedly at the floor.

 

     “I’ll cook whatever I want so don’t complain later.”

 

She left for something to cook. She glanced one more time at her depressed best friend before finally disappearing to the kitchen.

 

 

~*~

Sakura didn’t know what to do anymore. She just ruined her chance of having a happy ending.  Maybe she’s just over thinking. Maybe she was just nervous before.

 

It’s too late for doubts now. There’s no turning back anymore, she thought.

 

She can’t take the coldness of the room anymore. The cold chilled her to the bone since about three hours ago. Shivering, she reached out for the remote of the air condition and set the degrees higher.

 

She noticed a picture of her and Chaeyeon. That picture was taken at their first anniversa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter