Chapter 7

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“G-Gaeun?” surprised, Sakura could not utter a word at that moment.

 

“Sakura?” Gaeun made a scowl and her smile turned into a thin line. Gaeun was Sakura's girlfriend right after Hyewon. It was just a month after she broke up with Hyewon when she and Gaeun became a couple. She hated to admit it, but she never loved Gaeun that much. She took her for granted which she regretted a lot. Whatever she did that time. It’s not good to take someone else for granted.

 

“Hey, it’s been a while,” she said.

 

But Gaeun kept her scowl and didn’t say anything.

 

“So-uh- you’re a manger now. That’s nice,” she said awkwardly. Fate is really messing with her. She had enough problems with Chaeyeon, she can’t take anymore headaches.

 

“Why are you here?” Gaeun finally said.

 

“Well, I’m just looking around. I’m not really going to buy. So, uh, I- I better ge-“

 

“I didn’t mean that,” she said firmly. “You’re supposed to be married to my distant cousin,” it was not a question, but a statement.

 

“S-something happened,” Sakura replied. Good thing, there are no other customers and the clerk seemed to be going to take a while fixing a ring.

 

“You left your partner at the wedding,” she smirked mockingly. “Well, I should have expected. You’re just playing with people. You always take other’s feelings for granted.”

 

Sakura clenched her fist, she can still managed to control her annoyance. “You know, if you’re just going to throw my mistakes right at my face, then I better get going.”

 

“Of course. Typical you. You’ll just leave again,” she scoffed sarcastically.

 

Before she could reach the door, she heard her say, “You’ll really going to regret what you did on humiliating our family now that we finally met.”

 

Sakura shivered at her words. Gaeun always do what she wants and anyone who hinders what she wants will surely get a threat from her. Based from a lot of experiences with, she was a real stubborn and a hardheaded one. Sakura can’t even remember what made her enter a relationship with her.

 

No, she already have many things in her mind, she can’t let what Gaeun said bother her more.

 

 

~*~

She threw herself immediately into her bed when she arrived at her condo unit. Her life’s a mess right now. Complicated things come right after one.

 

Just right after sulking again, she caught a glimpse of a picture of her mother. She died from a sickness when Sakura was still young, leaving her and her dad. Being an only child, she was an independent person and with her dad being a known person in the business world, Sakura used to live on her own with her dad not being around all the time.

 

She held her mother’s picture staring at it until someone knocked at the door.

 

“Saku-chan, dear?” It was her dad. This is how he calls her.

 

“Come in dad,” she replied.

 

Upon entering, her dad was holding a plastic with food inside, “It’s your favorite ‘yukhoe’ dear,” he said with a cheerful voice.

 

Seeing her dad like this, she didn’t hold back anymore and just ran towards her father with a hug. Her dad responded with a tight hug as well.

 

“It was a tough one right? I’m sorry Sakura, I’m sorry to your mom as well causing you to feel like this, I should’ve been a dependable father. I really am sorry,” her dad said with an unhappy tone.

 

Breaking from the hug Sakura shrugged, “No dad, choices make us as you’ve told me and this was the result. You were not wrong; I should’ve been the responsible one.

“The reason why you let me become an independent person is so that I can face the reality outside my comfort zone. I was too indecisive dad. I’m all grown-up, a lady to be exact and yet, here I am looking like a kid who lost an essential treasure that I should’ve taken care of and just resort to crying, not knowing what to do.”

 

Her dad laugh from what she said.

 

Her dad led her to sit on the sofa before going to the kitchen to put down the food. He later joined her and said, “Sakura dear, mistakes naturally happen in our lives. It is a part of our journey because without it, our growth will be stagnant. Look at me,” her dad also sat beside her.

 

“I was regretful of what happened to your mother… I was not there at the time that she was already taken away from us. I was not able to focus on my job at that time, for it was the reason why I was late to see your mom for the last time,” silence take place as Sakura holds her father’s hand making him grasp it.

 

“Everyone got worried about me; I even neglected my father duties to you. Until the day came when you severely got sick and I didn’t know what to do anymore,” Sakura the reminisced about this, the time she caught pneumonia while living with her grandmother.

 

“I didn’t know what to do but, one thing was inside my mind at that time,” her dad looked at her, “I must save my girl,” as both of Sakura and her dad were crying, she hugged him again.

 

“So here’s the thing Saku-chan,” her dad said while holding both her shoulders, “Save what relationship you have with Chaeyeon before it’s too late. When you are challenged to have no choice other than being brave, face it. There’s no turning back now.”

 

“But, what if I failed? What if anger prevails from all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter