comments

influencer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

her broadcasting software crashed and the stream was now pitch black. the chat quickly filled with monkas emotes. seulgi was stressed. she was being hosted by a much more popular channel and her viewer count was beginning to skyrocket. she had high hopes for becoming more known,. until her program decided to stop working altogether. one of her moderators messaged her that she should consider ending the stream. with her shoulders and back slouching into the chair, she could only sigh at the predicament she found herself in. typing in a quick apology into the chat, seulgi ended the stream. she cursed out the application under her breath.

"it's really, just," seulgi cradled her phone in between her shoulder and ear. "demoralizing? i don't know." her words fizzled out as her train of thought became cluttered.
the girl on the other end of the line, yerim, was genuinely confused about the whole thing. though she tried to be as supportive as possible, she felt it didn't come off that way to the seemingly hopeless streamer. "don't you stream something every day, anyway? i'm sure it's not that bad to miss out on one stream." she chimed.
"i'm not worried about missing out on it, actually." huffing into the microphone port, her voice started to sound more clear. "someone was hosting it and they're literally one of the most known people on the platform. it was an opportunity." seulgi and yerim continued to chat and squabble about trivial things.

seulgi had her legs draped over joohyun's as they both lay sprawled over the sofa. the older girl had invited her friends over, in celebration of hitting the milestone of having one hundred thousand subscribers. she was all smiles that evening. the television in front of them was transitioning to a new channel every few minutes. their other friends were supposed to come in a few. seulgi had come earlier to help with prepping the food, not knowing joohyun was going to order out. they were using the packaging of the chinese takeout as a container for the food inside. joohyun joked that it was easier to clean up that way.
"you ever get any hateful comments?" the celebrator suddenly asked.
"nope. i mostly just g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter