tangles

influencer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it’s later in the evening, after the dancing, after the joking, after the jubilation period, when joohyun’s feet are throbbing and the carpet fibers are much too horrid now, scratching against her skin unpleasantly. i ought to buy some kind of softer rug, she mused to herself. the moon hangs lowly this hour, a duller bronze than it had been before, a softening red, hueing more wane and pale as the minutes flit by, its descent across the sky mirroring joohyun’s own downward slope of disposition, her mood deepening, softening from her earlier joy. a shame none of it could be seen through the apartment. the windows only gave view to painted brick.

she lounges across the sofa, spread out with the pillows and bottles. joohyun grins as she adjusts herself, her head leaning against the soft of seulgi’s stomach, half-lidded eyes gazing at the plain ceiling lights, her voice trailing softly through the thrashing of intermingled traffic noise in the distance. “you're actually so good to me. why?”
"we're bffs."  it’s a coo, fingertips ghosting past joohyun's stray hairs near her ear; she gently tucks them behind it. "it's normal to come early. basic manners, y'know."
"seul, c'mon! i know you've got a better answer than that." there’s a whine nestled in her words.
"better answer? what do you even mean." 
"nevermind." holding her hands up above from her face, she grabs at seulgi's; mindlessly tracing shapes on each of the fingers. "by the way, i really like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter