Love is Our Weakness

My Pocky Love

[A/N] Hello everyone! Thanks for reading the first chapter! (Well, I'm assuming you did since you're now about to read Chapter 2.) Anyways, please do not forget to comment and subscribe! If you have any criticisms of the story, feel free to comment below! Anyways, here is Chapter 2! Enjoy!

                                                                

The world came to a complete halt after. Sun Hyun held her breath for who knows how many minutes, her eyes widening, filled with both astonishment and flattery. "Err..." she managed to say. Sigh, this is one of  the most unexpected occurrences that came into my life. Maybe my life isn't so ordinary and perfect after all. "I--" Sun Hyun's words were cut off with the rapid entrance of Krystal.

"Sun Hyun! Sun Hyun! You forgot your bag--" Krystal huffed, in between those pants. Her eyes averted from Sun Hyun to the mishcevious guy. Her eyes spoke joyful thoughts. The guys, whom Sun Hyun refers to as "Mr. Weirdo" also appeared to be surprised.

"Krystal?!" Mr. Weirdo abruptly stood up, releasing Sun Hyun's delicate hands that he has clasped onto desperately just a minute ago.

Krystal immediately placed her arms around Mr. Weirdo's well-built shoulders. Se Hun patted her caramel-toned, fluffy hair with one hand, and held Krystal's feminine waist with the other. Sun Hyun was jaw-dropped; feeling slightly detached from the unbelievable action in front of her eyes.  Wh--whatever happened to personal space? What's up with Krystal? She's not usually the skin ship type. And that Mr. Weirdo?! Tch. Who was I to even hope?

"Yeah, it's me! How was the flight?" Krystal asked remarkably. Wow... doesn't she seem a happy sheep? Totally abandoned that motherly personality of hers... so... who exactly is he? Sun Hyun observed Mr. Weirdo critically.

"How did you know?"

"My parents informed me about you transferring here! I never thought it would be today though! I--missed you, Se Hun!"

"Ahh... I did too."  Mr. Weirdo, or so-called 'Se Hun' kept snatching quick glances of Sun Hyun, unable to escape his current situation.

"My parents must be anticipating for your return. I'm positive your parents are there as well. Mind coming for a visit?"

"Ahh, I ca--"

"C'mon!" Krystal grabbed Se Hun's wrist and immediately searched for the exit. Of course, Krystal never forgot to say farewell to her 'other' friend.

"Sun Hyun-ah! Goodbye! Make sure to invite me over for Christmas!" Se Hun still continued to stare longingly at Sun Hyun as he is being pulled away vigorously by Krystal. Sort of like tag-of-war, eh? I don't want to play. There goes my long-awaited crush. Saddened by the thought, she immediately sought for HyunA's comfort. HyunA-eonni...

It's winter break... Christmas.... the song "By Myself" by Tiffany eventually found its way to Sun Hyun's mouth. She hummed the depressing melody, being able to find relation to her life.                            

It was Christmas last year... so.... it's been more than one year. Yet, it felt like a thousand years. Stubborn heart of mine. Sun Hyun recalled back the lasting memories of the past...

FLASHBACK It was Christmas Eve.  Alone as usual, I stared blankly at the Rudolph-designed reindeer.                                                 

Wow... don't I have the best Christmas spirit? This year's Christmas wasn't like anything special... my sister, the only breadwinner that keeps me thriving is now occupied with her newborn baby, and will merely just sends a text message stating "Merry Christmas!" No one cares about me... I thought to myself. I will always be alone.

Maybe, not so alone. I was totally enlightened at the thought of Lu Han, my only friend. But is it really friendship that can bear out of the two of you? I demanded myself.

Over thinking this made my brain explode, and I lay down, being unable to find an answer. Yet, I was entertained with the happy thoughts of Lu Han... yes; you may call it fantasizing, when suddenly, the phone beeped.

Oh! Must be Suzy-eonni. I grabbed the phone, only for it to state: Come to the usual meeting place. -Lu Han.

Excitement and anxiety overfilled my heart. I attired in the best winter outfit. But hey, isn't it like a date? Don't couples usually meet up on Christmas Eve? I slapped myself across the face for even fantasizing with that. Yet, the shy blushing continued.                                                   

I rapidly dashed towards the water fountain, only to find Lu Han waiting patiently.  Lu Han bit his lips in response to the extreme cold weather, and was repeatedly quivering. I made him wait too long... I thought to myself.                                                                      

I remorsefully headed over his direction. He abruptly stood up from the bench, delighted at my appearance. "Well, Merry Christmas, Sun Hyun!" He drew me in for a sudden hug. My heart literally exploded, pumping blood vigorously. My delicate hands remained on his chest. Oppa pulled away and hesitantly placed his hand, soothingly brushing my cheek. He placed it back to his side.

Lu Han inhaled and exhaled, as if he's trying to relax himself. The exhaling formed a fog, partially covering his face. "... I like you, Choi Sun Hyun." 

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. We stared into each other's eyes longingly, recalling back the happy days. I put a pleased smile. I said in response to his heartfelt confession, "I've liked you longer." He approached me, sweetly grabbing me with my shoulders, placing a short but sweet kiss upon my forehead. I froze, hoping for that moment to last. He drew me close to his chest, and placed his warm arms protectively along my waist. Blushing, you hugged him tighter, similar to how a child would snuggle with her teddy bear. END OF FLASHBACK

====================================================================================================

Well, by the time, Sun Hyun unconsciously, yet eventually arrived at the dance studio.                                                    

As she entered, she was greeted by the jaw-dropping dance routine that Kai and HyunA are performing. HyunA extended her arm as Kai smoothly trickled across it and almost planting a kiss upon the never-kissed-before tomboy. In the nick of time, she averted her head opposite of the direction of Kai's face. Though HyunA is one aggressive performer, Sun Hyun astoundingly witnessed HyunA blush. Kai's hand reached for HyunA's thigh, bending it slightly so that it may reach the back of her leg. HyunA looked unceasingly uncomfortable. Besides, one person cannot take it no more.

"Whoa-whoa! What in the world are you guys doing?!" Sun Hyun demanded with an upset tone.  HyunA and Kai gazed towards Sun Hyun's direction; one looking like he's enjoying, and one being unable to control her red puffy cheeks.

"Oh hello, Sun Hyun! Good afternoon!" Kai greeted, as he cheerfully skipped towards the upset teen, open-armed. Usually, Sun Hyun would return the favor, but this time it's a no-no. 

Sun Hyun inhaled in and out, calming her bewildered self. "Mind explaining what you guys were doing?" she questioned them, almost in a police-investigating tone.

Kai looked confused, as usual. "We were dancing 'Troublemaker' for the dance crew competition. Is something the matter?" Kai inquired.                                                         

You can't believe how relieved I am... Sun Hyun exhaled. Sun Hyun curiously gazed at HyunA, only to find her looking at Kai anxiously. When her gaze met with Sun Hyun's, she averted her eyes, humiliated.

"You see, the group wanted to emphasize mine and HyunA more-skilled dancing skills, so we decided to go for a couple team."

"Well, you could've considered Tae Yang's "I Need a Girl"! Sun Hyun stubbornly debated.

"We can't, eonni! We've been practicing this for months already... Besides, 'Troublemaker' is more recent and kind-of more of an alluring performance than 'I Need a Girl'. Anyways, I still don't understand why you quit BOTH the dance team and the band." Kai's mouth just keeps blabbering on and on.  "Just because you and Lu H--"

HyunA smacked Kai's head. "You foolish kid. You already know that that name is a taboo topic." Kai and HyunA immediately shot pitiful eyes at Sun Hyun.

She grimaced forcefully. "No, it's alright."

Yeah. It seems like my world came to a complete halt after I became no more than an ex in Lu Han's eyes. Tch. Krystal's right... Flashbacks yet again cornered reality.

"Hello Sun Hyun! My name is Lu Han! Wow... aren't you a great bass player? Though your technique is not quite right... You're repeatedly changing your s, which makes it tougher to play. Should I be your instructor?" Those words echoed across Sun Hyun's head. Yes, it was a normal meeting in other people's perspective. But to me, that first greeting... moved me to tears. Well, those were the happy and youthful past. Bring your soul back to earth, Choi Sun Hyun. Why do I only keep remembering the happy memories anyway? Why not the painful ones? Well, as if there's any difference between them. They all bring me the same emotion: regret.                                                                  

Sun Hyun's heart-aching thoughts were disturbed by a sudden entrance of brown-headed guy. Sun Hyun struggled to see him clearly; that cap of his covered his eyes. He removed the cap. "Well! Here you go guys! Brought you some snacks! You must be tired after all that dan--" Lu Han paused, still feeling captivated to Sun Hyun's aura. The members came from looking lifeless zombies to living humans after the word "snacks" entered their ears. They munched in immediately, including Kai and HyunA; while Sun Hyun and Lu Han's expressions looked glum. Why does he come now? Sun Hyun thought with a disgusted look in her face. Pfft... Don't try to act tough, Sun Hyun. You're just frightened that you saw him again... after these many months. I-- I missed you, oppa... Sun Hyun tried to catch glimpses of Lu Han, only to find him staring intently at her with a painful expression on his face. This is too unbearable...                                                                                

"Hey HyunA, want to come by tonight for a sleepover?" Sun Hyun tried helplessly tried to control her trembling and walked away from Lu Han toward her reliable best friend.

HyunA, of course, was quick to notice. "I got it. Though it pains me to leave the food, but I'll come."

Sun Hyun expressed a thankful grin."Thanks, HyunA," and shouldered Lu Han as she headed for the exit. The tomboy was quick to follow. "Seeing you all depressed is so not you. You used to be Sun Hyun's only source of happiness, but now, you're the complete opposite. I guess smart people like you and you-know-who have weaknesses too... love." She smirked. That oppa looked dumbfounded, but nodded in agreement. "Yup." HyunA forced a smile. "Anyways, thanks for the snacks."

[A/N]: That's Chapter 2! Originally, it was longer than this, but I decided to put the remaining details for Chapter 3. Please comment and suscribe! I like to be loved. And how do you like the story so far? I really feel thankful for my two subscribers! Hope it accumulates in the future! SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT.