2

Patience.

 

SUNGYEOL'S POINT OF VIEW
back to the day he asked Sunmi out. :P

 

Ya! Sungyeol! Grow up and get some courage and ask the dang girl out. Sungyeol thought to himself. This was driving him crazy. He's been coming to the Coffee shop for 5 months now. He thought back to the first time he saw the girl. First day of his Junior year he came to the cafe with a group of his friends. At the cafe, for some reason his eyes were drawn to the girl studying by herself at the table. From that day on Sungyeol decided to come to the cafe everyday in hopes of seeing her.

 

Sungyeol was known as the handsome and popular guy on campus. What people didn't know was that deep inside Sungyeol was actually the shy guy. He didn't know how to talk to girls at all. The reason he was so popular with girls was because they came up and talked to him. He had never approached a girl before in his entire 20 years of life, he was too big of a choding to be able to interact with a girl. His handsome face was the reason for his popularity. He never even had a girlfriend.

In an attempt to distract himself Sungyeol pulled out his phone and started texting his best friend Myungsoo.


Sungyeol: Aish, This is driving me crazy!

Myungsoo: what?

Sungyeol: This girl. She's so beautiful. I need some courage. Yaaa. Help me Mr. Ladies man.

Myungsoo: No.

Sungyeol: I will put Vingear in all the things you eat.

Myungsoo: Fine. What do you want from me.

Sungyeol: How do you talk to girls?

Myungsoo: I'll give you some advice. We'll talk about in tonight at the dorm. Now leave me alone I'm with a cute girl.

 

Sungyeol smiled at Myungsoo's reply as he put his phone back in his pocket. He looked up and saw the girl chuckle to herself. So cute thought Sungyeol. Suddenly the girl looked up. Sungyeol's heart started to race. He keep his eyes on her and smiled at her and she smiled back. Sungyeol thought he was going to go into cardiac arrest. I need to talk to her now. He had a sudden adrenaline rush and was about to get up and go talk to her when suddenly he heard someone call him.

 

Sungyeol-Ah” said the girl. Annoyed by the interruption, Sungyeol looked up to see who it was. Eunmi, The girl from his Biology Class.

 

Oh, Eunmi-Ah. Annyeong.” said Sungyeol.

 

Sorry to bother you but I wasn't in class today and I was wondering if I could borrow your notes” she said. Sungyeol reached into his messenger bag and pulled out his notebook. “Gomawo Oppa.” Eunmi walked away and Sungyeol immediately looked up to where the girl was only to see that she had left.

 

Disappointment hit Sungyeol. So close. He thought with a frown. He gathered his belongings and headed out the door, head hung low. As he opened the door he saw a girl standing there putting on her scarf, she looked up and saw him. Sungyeol's face started to heat up and he put on a big smile. Why is it so hot He thought as he adjusted his scarf and smiled. She smiled back and he walked the opposite direction.

 

Wait thought Sungyeol Why am I going this way. My dorm's the other way. Aish this girl is making me go crazy.

 

When Sungyeol finally arrived at his dorm he shared with Myungsoo he collapsed on the beanie bag. Myungsoo entered the dorm not too long after Sungyeol.

 

Hey my brothaaa” He said as he practically danced into the room.

 

Why are you so happy?” groan Sungyeol.

 

I asked Minyoon to be my girlfriend and she said yes, jealous?” replied Myungsoo.

 

No!” said Sungyeol. But in all honesty he was jealous at all the confidence and courage Myungsoo had when it came to girls. “I'm going to sleep now, So, shut up”

 

I thought you wanted my advice” said Myungsoo.

 

Sungyeol thought to himself. “I don't want it anymore. I have a plan. And a sudden burst of courage.”

 

The next day Sungyeol was ready to execute his plan. He finished up his Biology class and headed for the shop. As he approached the shop he saw the girl he'd been wanting to see all day. Thoughts ran through his mind. What if she thinks I'm a creeper. He walked up to the door when suddenly she turned around. Sungyeol started to freak out. Oh my Goodness, We were so close. We almost kissed.

 

Oh! Sorry.” She said in her cute voice as she bowed.

 

No big deal” said Sungyeol. He reached for the door and held the door open for her. She rushed in and went for the bathroom. ABORT THE ORGINIAL PLAN! ABORT! ABORT! That was a interesting situation. Suddenly a new plan popped into Sungyeol's head. He made his way to the cashier.

 

That girl that went into the bathroom. I want to pay for her drink” He said. He pulled out his card and handed it to the cashier. “Don't tell her it was me.”

 

After paying for the girl's drink Sungyeol made his way to the nearest flower shop. I've never bought flowers before. Sungyeol thought. Do girls like roses, they like roses right, gosh what am I saying, of course girls love roses.

 

On his way to the flower shop he passed by a playground and saw a group of elementary kids playing dodgeball. Wanting to let off some tension and relax he smirked and made his way to the playground.

 

Annyeong kiddos, can I join you?” he asked. He felt his choding begin to emerge.

 

Sorry Ahjussi, You might break your back” said the little boy

 

Ahh-Ahh-Ahhjussi? YA! I'm not an Ahjusshi. I'm your Hyung. Now I'm playing no matter what you say about it.” He said.

 

What ever you say old fart” said the other little boy. Oh it's on, never mess with Sungyeol the Choding.

 

1.2.3. Start!” yelled the little boy. Sungyeol made a rush for the dodge balls and grabbed two, one in each hand. Within 5 minutes Sungyeol had knocked out all 10 boys. He got so into the game he even managed to eliminate his own teammates. He even made one of the boys cry.

 

The crying boy's older sister came by to comfort him. “Ya! You stupid boy. Grow up. You choding. How old are you! Making kids cry. Aish.” she growled.

 

Sungyeol just laughed to himself. The dodge ball game with the kids relaxed him a lot. But then he realized his mission. He looked at his watch. He had wasted 25 minutes. He quickly ran for the flower shop and purchased a red rose. So much running today. This is too much for me.

 

After purchasing a red rose Sungyeol made his way back to the shop. She's still here. Slowly he made his way over to her table and placed the rose right in front of her. He started to feel his face turn red. She looked up and his heart felt like it was going to burst out of his chest. So pretty.

 

Hi” he said. “May I sit here with you?” She gave a huge smile and immediately answered.

 

Ah, Of course” she said. He sat down right in front of her thinking out what he was going to say.

 

I'm Sungyeol. Nice to meet you” he said. “What's your name”

 

Sunmi” she said. Sunmi, after 5 months I finally know your name.

 

Do you go to Seoul University?” he asked next “I think I've seen you around”

 

Yeah, I go to SU. I'm a sophomore there. Do you go there?”

 

Yeah, I'm a Junior.” he said. He was feeling nervous and anxious when he decided to get to the point.“So, Uh....I was wondering...” Sungyeol scratched his head speak you fool! Speak! He thought.“I know we don't really know each other. But I want to change that. So I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me and go see a movie with me on Saturday” he let out a deep sigh of relief. Millions of thoughts were running through his mind. Pressure had been released from his shoulders. He smiled.

 

I thought you'd never ask” she said. I like her confidence Suddenly the pair made eye contact. I've never felt this way before. Happy with the progress he just made Sungyeol continued the conversation which dragged on for hours and hours. But neither of them realized as they unaware of the world around them.

 

Sunmi-ah” said a voice, it was the cashier. “we're closing in 10 minutes”

 

eh? Oh! What time is it?” Sunmi said “omo, it's 8:20, we've been talking for 5 hours.”

 

That's it?” chuckled Sungyeol. “I guess we should get going. It's dark out. I'll walk you to your dorm”

 

No! You don't have to, I'll be fine” she replied.

 

It's no problem. I want you to be safe so we can go on our date on Saturday” He said confidently.

 

They gathered their stuff and headed out the door towards the Campus. This is what romance feels like. Thought Sungyeol. I like this. Sungyeol was ready, ready for the relationship that was about to blossom. Deep in his heart hew knew, that from this moment on, he would be the happiest man on earth. 

 

LE END!

Sorry about any typos or grammar errors, Proof-reading is for losers. Lol. Just kidding