1

Patience.

 

Maybe it's those dark eyes, or those chubby cheeks, or maybe even his choding personality....

Whatever it is, it won't become anything if all you do is sit there and stare all day. You held onto your cup of hot cocoa and stared out the window. Observing couples walking by hand and hand past the cafe. You let out a long sigh.

 

You looked back up at the table across the cafe. The boy you've been eying for the past months looked at his phone and smiled. You knew he went to the same University as you but you've never seen him on campus. Or maybe you were too busy studying all the time. The only time you ever got to yourself was when you came to the Coffee shop and even when you were at the coffee shop you were still studying.

 

Coming to the coffee shop had now become apart of your daily routine now. Everyday you made an effort to get there just to see him. You remembered when you first saw him in the coffee shop during the beginning of the fall quarter. It had been 5 months and there was still no progress. You didn't even know his name, but seeing him was enough for you. Thinking about all the efforts you made to get to the cafe you chuckled. You looked down at your coffee cup and let out another giggle.

 

Suddenly it felt as though a pair of eyes were staring at you. You looked back up to see the boy staring at you with a smile on his face. You felt your heart skip a beat and you smiled back. “Sungyeol-Ah!” Just then a girl came up to his table and he brought his gaze away from yours. His smile turned into a look of annoyance. As though he was annoyed by the fact that his staring contest with you was interrupted.

Sungyeol. I finally know his name. Cute. Your stomach made a growling noise. Aish, I shouldn't have skipped breakfast today you thought. You looked up at the shop menu and took out your wallet. Opening your wallet you noticed you were flat out broke. Disappointment ran through your mind. I'll just head home and get some food. You grabbed your belongings and headed home early.

 

As you opened the door the cool winter air hit your face. You took out your scarf and wrapped it around your neck. Just then cafe door opened and the tall boy walked out a sad look on his face. He saw you and his frown turned into a smile. He adjusted his scarf and headed the opposite direction.

 

The next day slurred on. After your classes you headed for the coffee shop. Your heart started pounding harder than usual. Weird. You thought.

 

5 minutes later you arrived at the coffee shop. As you grabbed the door handle you felt someone standing behind you. You turned around to look. It happened in a matter of seconds, right as you turned around you were facing a boy two inches away from his lips. In shock you jerked back and realized who it was. That Sungyeol boy.

“Oh! Sorry.” You said as you bowed. You felt your face turn bright red. Is it getting hot in here or what you asked yourself.

“No big deal” he said. If you still weren't already in so much shock you probably would have collapsed from the sound of his deep soothing voice. He grabbed the door handle and held the door open for you.

 

Instead of heading for the counter and getting a drink like you usally do, you first ran to the bathroom. Once you were in the bathroom and made sure no one else was in there you let out a high-pitched squeal. Then you started to dance around like an idiot. All of a sudden one of the stalls opened. A girl came out and gave you an odd stare. You immediately went outside. Good job you fool.

 

You looked around the cafe but couldn't find Sungyeol. Disappointment ran through you. I was too busy screaming in the bathroom that he left. You went to the counter and greeted the cashier.

“Annyeong Woohyun-ah” You came here so often the staff remembered what you ordered everyday and even remembered your name.

 

Ne, Annyeong Sunmi” said the handsome boy. “Your usual Chai Latte and a slice of Banana bread, right?”

 

You got it” you replied back. You pulled out your wallet and handed your money to Woohyun

Oh, Someone already paid for you today” he answered

 

Eh? Who?” you asked with a confused look on your face.

 

Secret” he replied with a smile.

 

Once you got your coffee you headed to your usual table and sat down. You pulled out your textbook and notebook and began to work on your assignment.

 

45 minutes had passed by and there was still no sign of Sungyeol. You checked your watch and saw that it was already 3:00. He was usually here at the same time you were everyday. This was the first time he didn't show up. He was here earlier. Where'd he go? You were about to leave when suddenly a red rose was placed on the table. You looked up and saw a face you had been hoping to see. You smiled.

“Hi” he said. “May I sit here with you?”

 

Why would I say no!? “Ah, Of course” you said.

 

He grabbed a seat. You couldn't believe this was actually happening. Then you started to freak out. I don't know how to talk to boys

 

I'm Sungyeol. Nice to meet you” he said. “What's your name”

 

Sunmi”

 

Do you go to Seoul University?” he asked “I think I've seen you around”

 

OMO, He's seen me around. “Yeah, I go to SU. I'm a sophomore there. Do you go there?”

 

Yeah, I'm a Junior.” he said. He looked nervous and anxious. “So, Uh....I was wondering...”

 

Your smile got even bigger as you thought of the words that could possibly come out of his mouth. Was this finally the moment you've been waiting for?

 

I know we don't really know each other. But I want to change that. So I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me and go see a movie with me on Saturday” he let out a deep sigh of relief.

 

SCORE! You mentally yelled. “I thought you'd never ask” you said, shocked at the confident words you just spoke. The two of you made eye contact and you felt your heart explode.
 

The two of you talked for hours and hours before you realized the time. You saw Woohyun make his way towards the table.

 

Sunmi-ah, we're closing in 10 minutes” said Woohyun.

 

eh? Oh! What time is it?” you looked at your watch and your eyes widened. “omo, it's 8:20, we've been talking for 5 hours.”

 

That's it?” chuckled Sungyeol. “I guess we should get going. It's dark out. I'll walk you to your dorm”

 

No! You don't have to, I'll be fine” you rebutted.

 

It's no problem. I want you to be safe so we can go on our date on Saturday” He said confidently.

 

You grabbed your belongings and the two of you headed towards the campus anxious about the new relationship that was beginning to blossom. This is what romance feels like. You thought as you glanced at Sungyeol's smiling face. I like this.

 

 

-----

I'll post part 2 tomorrow!! :D

Changed my mind, lol, posting it later tonight. :D