Have you ever seen anything? - Blue

Rainbow Above Your Head

It was finally the end of their concert. Their three-days concert had been successful. They promised their fans that they will work hard to meet their expectations although they are only a temporary group just like the previous groups as IZ*ONE will be forever and stay together with WI*ZONEs until the end of time.


As for now, Chaewon was in their practice room again and this day, she wanted to try a new genre, melancholy.


She stepped her feet in the audio room and Stay with Me by Punch ft. Chanyeol from Goblin Drama.


She started to move with her hands and then her legs.


And as always, someone was searching her whereabout and found her at the practice room but the girl did not enter instead she was standing outside and watching her from the transparent window.


She watched her again and her color now was soft blue, sad and grief.


Chaewon did not notice her and tried some moves like she had watched on Utube.


"Alright, let's do this." She encouraged herself and she properly started with a modern dance and danced gracefully.


Then, she did a contemporary dance and freestyle dance together.


Third, she did a ballet dance and moved her body like a swan.


All together, she combined them into a theater dance and kneeled in the end.


Hitomi entered the scene and clapped after she finished the final move.


"Ah, you saw them." The ginger stated and tried hard not to blush.


"It was quite good." The Japanese stated because she had seen some of the dances during her highschool.


She walked towards the dancer and smiled knowingly.


"I've said that I want you to dance for me before..."


"Yeah?"


"Today, I want you to dance for me." The girl requested.


"Now, omo?!" Chaewon was panicking because she did not know what kind of dance Hitomi would prefer.


Hitomi went to the audio room and a popular song, Blue by Bolbbalgan4.


The song started and Chaewon was confused as f*** because of the unexpected song from the Japanese girl.


The colour of my heart is blue right now

I don't feel too great

You know, I'm quite sensitive

I'm only difficult on you

You ask me whether I've been doing well

Do you, not me

I wish I could feel better than now


I'm sorry, I hate you, I like you a little bit

Even though I feel sorry that you've gotten a bit gaunt

I still, again,

cannot look you in the eyes

You still see me with hatred


In the colour blue, blue blue, we are being coloured

As our hearts bruised in the colour blue

My love is true true, when with you

I looked beautiful

when I was being loved by you


Chaewon tried to dance but all she can do was making awkward melancholy dance plus bubbly dance from the original choreography.


"Nice try, unnie."


The Japanese girl only wanted to give a hint that she can see her blue color but she probably enjoyed her dance more.


"That's not a fair, Hii-chan..." The ginger complained only to receive a shrug from her.


"One more song," she the next song without any hesitation and a familiar melody tuned out.


"To My Youth? OMG, this song..."


Some memories started to flash inside her minds when she started to dance to the song.


At some point in my life

I used to wish that I could disappear from this world

The whole world seemed so dark

I cried every night

Will my mind feel at ease

If I just disappeared

I was so afraid

Of everyone’s eyes on me


How she feared life so much...


During those beautifully beautiful days

I was in pain

I hated myself

For not being able to receive love

My mum and dad

They’re only looking at me

This is not how I really feel

But I keep getting further away


"Tch!" She gritted her teeth and moved agonizingly this time.


All the unpleasant memories she tried to throw away came back to life...


What do I do

What do I do

What do I do

What do I do


Her danced became "What do I do" now as she fell onto the floor and started to hug knees.


The saying that time is medicine

Was really true for me

As the days went by

I really did get better

But sometimes when I’m too happy

I’m afraid I’ll be in pain again

I’m afraid that someone

Will take away my happiness


In the end, she cried and cried again....


Those lyrics really hit her hard and with the singer voices... She cannot help but to share their grief with her own.


Her highschool friends reaction, her parents objection and the people disappointment.


She was glad that she made it but still... she was sad to see those unpleasant faces.


"Chaewon-unnie..." Hitomi hugged her tightly this time.


"How... Sobs... How did you understand the song... Sobs... Hicc...?" Chaewon started to hiccup and Hitomi rubbed her back gently.


"Even if I cannot understand it properly, the melody tells it all, Chaewon-ah." She said honestly.


Chaewon lifted her head up and, "Oh my God. I can't believe I cry again." She wiped her own tears with Hitomi's clothes.


"It's okay, Chaewon-ie," she patted her head now. "Soba ni iru kara," and she kissed her wet cheeks.


They stayed like that for a while.


"Let's go eat ice-cream." She invited her and the girl gladly accepted her invitation. Hitomi linked her arms with her like usual and happily headed towards the usual market / convenient store they always went.


"Do you want mint choco?" Chaewon said as she took two cones mint choco and Hitomi almost rolled her eyes. 


"Never. I'll have my own ice-cream," she savagely said and took the coconut flavor into her hand. In her mind, they could always share the flavor together. "Let's pay for them now," she added more and the ginger trailed her close with a few cones of mint choco ice-cream.


They ate their ice-cream under a shady tree on a bench at the Seoul park. They both enjoyed the evening view as Hitomi looked over her head and pressed her lips firmly.


Her dark blue color had disappeared a long time ago.