1

Year 1 : Hyukjae and The Lost Heir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An eleven-year-old kid was walking excitedly while his eyes never stopped admiring the view in front of him. Hogwarts Express. He still gaped while slowly pushing his cart filled with the baggage bigger than his own size. Finally his first year will start at this very magical school and he was very excited to meet his new classmates. Thinking about it his smile started to reach his ears. He strolled around the train to the baggage compartment while some people are screaming words like "please write us lots of letters, darling!" Apparently those are parents waving for their child goodbyes. Hyukjae sighed a little at the sight.

Hyukjae's parents were not here, they were Aurors so they worked endlessly, spending much time at the office and...wherever Hyukjae cannot know because they worked undercover, so Hyukjae had to live with his uncle and aunt. His uncle and aunt were very happy to take him in though, which he is delighted about, but it is not the same. His uncle and aunt drove him and guide him until King's Cross but it's as far they can go. They told Hyuk to run into the platform by himself, telling him he is a grown up 11 year old boy and not to be afraid. He was grateful for it, because his uncle and aunt had done too much, he just hoped he didn't be a burden for them to stay at their house.

In his thoughts Hyukjae's cart bumped into someone. Another boy who is much taller than him. He'd think this boy is probably his senior. An 'ow' followed suit. Hyukjae stammered "I'm..I'm sorry!! So sorry!"

The boy lifted his auburn head and sees Hyukjae, "Oh don't worry! It's alright! Do you need help with that little man?" He gestured to Hyuk's cart of big trunks. 

Hyukjae hesitated for awhile, he didn't want to bother this stranger but he does need help to get all of those heavy trunks inside the train. Since he didn't know any spells to lift things either.

"Wingardium leviosa" the taller boy mumbled and Hyuk's trunks are now up in the air. He gestured to Hyuk to follow him. All of the trunks followed behind the taller boy while he was walking beside him in awe. 

"I'm Leeteuk by the way. Slytherin, 4th year." He said while holding out his hand. Hyuk took it and smiled "I'm Lee Hyukjae, I'm a new student." 

"Oh...so that was why you were so blank about...all this" he gestured around him. "Not to worry, you'll get used to all this in no time Lee." He added when he saw Hyukjae bit his lips in concern. He put his hand on Hyukjae's shoulder and pats it just a little, and smiled. Hyuk feels something calming that he liked about this man. Despite of all the things he heard, bad stories about Slytherin students in the past. 

After he helped Hyukjae arranging his trunks on the compartment, Leeteuk bid his goodbye and got inside the compartment where his friends were waiting, "See you later at school Lee!" Hyukjae bids his goodbye with a wave. He was alone again. He walked silently inside the train to find a compartment for the rest of the journey to the school. 

He was walking on the corridor, careful not to bump the other students bustling around the train. When a paper plane just whooshed and flew across his face, he just smiled wider. Some students seemed already casted a few spells. He saw the one conjured the spell, a chubby, supposingly older student looked out from his compartment window, "Sorry!" He shouted loudly to Hyukjae, Hyuk just sheepishly laugh it off and bowed a bit to the student. He cannot wait to learn more spells at school.

 He was almost reached the end of the carriage and saw almost all of the compartments were full of students, so he finally settled inside a compartment on the far end of the train carriages. Inside there's only one small boy, the black cloak he wore seemed to be engulfing him alive. He was seated beside a window. He could not see the boy's face since he was looking out of the window with both of his hands tightly clasped on his lap.

"Hello," Hyukjae begins. "Is this compartment available?"

The boy by the window stirred and looked at Hyukjae before he started looking down at Hyukjae's shoe and nodding his head a little, "yes".

Hyukjae thought the boy is shy, being a bubbly personality who is always friendly to everyone, he tried to make a conversation.

"Thank you! I'm Lee Hyukjae by the way. Nice to meet you!" he excitedly offered his hand.

The boy sighed a little before staring back at Hyukjae, "Pleasure is mine. I'm Donghae Lee," the boy shook Hyukjae's hand while bowing slightly from his seated position. As soon as their hands parted he was back staring at the window again.

"So, are you a new student?" Hyukjae starts while he took a seat opposite the boy.

The boy nodded, eyes still glued to something outside the window Hyukjae cannot see. Hyukjae chirped "Oh! I am too! Are you feeling a bit nervous Donghae? I feel so nervous I cannot eat! My Uncle said that it is a natural thing, because he cannot sleep too when he was about to enter Hogwarts. He's an alumnus, you see..." The boy finally looked at Hyukjae now and listened to him silently. He was trying to read Donghae's brown eyes but he cannot. He was usually good with people, but this Donghae is hard to read.

Hyukjae was trying to make another conversation, and he remembered the adults were saying to start making conversations by talking about the weather, since it is a very general subject. 

"Beautiful day today. Sunny, a perfect weather for a long train ride don't you think?" He waited nervously for Donghae's answer.

"It's a bit too hot for me," he answered, still as quietly as ever, staring out of the window. "I like the rain more..."

Hyukjae formed an O with his mouth. He found it odd that someone so young could have a fondness of rainy season. Mostly because rain made them stayed inside the house and not be able to play outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter