Chapter 4

The Water Wheel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

。・:*:・:*:・ ☆ ・:*:・:*:・。

 

About five days had gone since Jonghyun had left abruptly, but Jinki had been lazing around listlessly ever since. It was the weekend afternoon and Minho and Kibum were spending the day at his house.

 

“Minho, do something. Hyung has been moping around like an old man. He doesn’t even listen to me when I’m talking to him” Taemin spoke his worries in a complaining voice to Minho.

 

“Did you give him chocolate milk? It always makes him happy” Kibum suggested from the corner, where he was helping Minho arrange the watermelon pieces on plates while Minho cut them.

 

“I did that too, Bummie Hyung. But he didn’t even look at it and gave it back to me” Taemin replied helplessly.

 

When all the watermelon had been cut and arranged neatly into plates, Minho took a plate of watermelon, handed it to Taemin and patted his head. “Don’t be sad, Taeminnie. I’ll talk to him” he said softly.

 

He handed another plate of watermelon to Kibum and looked at him. “Bummie, help me here” he whispered.

 

“Don’t worry, Hyung. I’ll handle Taeminnie. You go talk with Jinki Hyung” Kibum whispered back.

 

Minho took two plates in his hands and walked over to the porch. Jinki was lying on the wooden floor, and gazing at the bright blue sky blankly. Minho laid down a plate of watermelon in front of Jinki and sat down on the porch floor beside him with his own plate.

 

“Jinki…” he called softly.

 

There was no reply from Jinki as he seemed lost in another world.

 

“Jinki” he called again, a bit louder this time.

 

Jinki’s trance broke and he looked at Minho. “He’s not going to return. It’s been five days already. He’s probably forgotten all about you” Minho said.

 

Jinki sat up abruptly. “He’s not like that. You never talked to him. You wouldn’t know” he said.

 

 “I’m sorry” Minho whispered. Even in his two simple words, rang helpless sincerity.

 

Presently, the doorbell rang. They heard Taemin’s muffled voice as he answered it.

 

“Who is it, dear?” Came their mother’s questioning voice from another room inside.

 

“It’s the post, Mother” Taemin called back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter