Chapter 2

The Water Wheel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

。・:*:・:*:・ ☆ ・:*:・:*:・。

 

After dinner that night and when getting ready for bed, Taemin spoke to Jinki, “Hyung, I forgot to tell you. Minho said he and Bummie Hyung will be going with their elder cousin for fishing tomorrow and asked us to go along with him.”

 

Jinki got into his bed and lay straight down on his back, hands under his head. “I can’t. You go on ahead with him. Did you ask for Mother’s permission?” He replied.

 

“Yes, I did. She said she’ll pack our lunchboxes for us”. Taemin said. He poked at Jinki’s arm. “Why can’t you go?” He asked.

 

“Well, I’ll take the lunchbox. But I have somewhere else to go.” Jinki replied, turning on his side away from Taemin.

 

“Where?” Taemin asked nosily. “Did you ask for Mother’s permission?”

 

“Yes, of course I did. She said I could go.” He replied ambiguously.

 

Taemin stood staring at Jinki’s turned back. He seemed to be struck by a thought suddenly and a lopsided smile crossed his lips. “Hyung, are you.. is it.. a girl? Are you going on a picnic with her?”

 

“What!? No stupid! You’re too little to say these things. Go sleep.” He replied, surprised but amused at the same time by the thought. “And it’s Minho ‘hyung’ for you.” He added by habit.

 

Taemin stuck out a tongue at Jinki’s stout little back and shrugged. “Okay, suit yourself. We’ll be having fun fishing without you.” He said in a singsong voice as he turned off the light and got into his bed.

 

 

 

 

Next morning, Jinki was a little late to wake up somehow, to see Taemin had already left for the fishing trip and his parents were about to leave for work.

 

“I’ve kept your breakfast as well as your lunchbox on the dining table, Jinki. Don’t go anywhere without eating the breakfast, alright dear?” His mother reminded him while on her way out.

 

“Yes, Mother.” He said obediently.

 

“Have fun at your picnic with the new friend” His father winked as he got into the driver’s seat.

 

Jinki’s ears went red. “That Taemin!” he muttered silently.

 

He waved goodbye to his parents as he saw their car move out of the driveway and onto the main street.

 

Once back inside the house, he looked at the clock. It was five past ten already.

 

He quickly grabbed the water bottle and big lunchbox his mother had left for him and gobbled the omelette, downed the glass of milk and ate a few breads with fruit jam quickly. He had the last loaf of jam bread between his teeth as he locked the main door of their house behind him and grabbed his bicycle from the garage.

 

He rode quickly as he munched on his bread. When he neared the spot where he had met his new friend the previous day, sure enough, Jonghyun stood waiting with his camera hung round his neck and a backpack and water bottle slung on his arm. He wore a smartly tailored white shirt with a black bowtie and black gallace knickerbockers, which gave the impression of a schoolboy rather than vacation clothing.

 

Jinki came to a halt by him. “Hi, sorry I’m late!” Jinki said.

 

“That’s fine! I was a litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter