Third Part - Late

Never Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They would say that friendship break up feel much worst than a romantic relationship breakup.

Maybe friendship break up is unique for some. But it is a common feeling in this world that we choose to ignore.

We would rather focus on our relationship's heartbreak that we overlooked the fact that losing a friend can give us a unique type of pain that we can't even describe.

Sometimes, it's because we least expect the friendship breakup. We believed that friends will stay by our side forever.

Bomi and Chorong had known each other for a number of years that they already trust each other fully.

And suddenly, everything fade... it stopped.

It almost ended. Almost?

Chorong walking away from Bomi that night may seem normal after all those things they had talked about.

But from Bomi's perspective. It seems like Chorong is ending their friendship. All she can see in Chorong's eyes that night is a way of saying goodbye.

To be specific. After all the sugarcoating in Chorong's words. Bomi understood the meaning between the lines that Chorong meant and it is ending their friendship.

Just how she proved her instinct as right when Chorong didn't show up to the cafe starting that night.

She's right. She had been abandoned that night.

While Eunji didn't even asked for any reason, instead she just accepted everything that can happen because it looks like Chorong already planned everything.

She took over the management of the cafe along with Bomi since then.

All she can do is to look after Bomi with empathic eyes every morning that the latter will forced herself to work.

Until it becomes a routine.

Bomi would rather drowned herself with workloads, avoiding herself to have a time to think.

Avoiding of any chance that she won't be able to resist the temptation of contacting Chorong at all.

She realized that maybe Chorong wanted some space. And Bomi's selfish side had nothing good to do with that.

Instead, as she promised, she managed to be a good girlfriend to Haru... As rude as it may sound, it seems like she's forcing herself to be deserving of Haru's love.

But she's trying... At least she's trying.

Perhaps one day, Chorong and her path will cross again, maybe they will stumble in each other's lives to be genuine friends again.

Maybe it's destined for them not to be together for now.

Little did she know that she unconciously avoiding to realize and think about three important things.

Chorong's reason...

Her own feelings ...

Haru's awareness...

------

Days passed by and everything looks okay. Everyone tried to act normally and casually.

Sometimes, Chorong would visit the cafe just to catch up with Eunji and even Bomi.

But they can't hide the truth that something changes.

Bomi thought that it is better that way. Atleast everything is according to its place. Everything is fine.

There will always be an unexpected happening when we thought everything is fine.

Intentionally or not, things are just happening for a reason.

In the middle of a normal conversation between Chorong and Eunji, the younger can't help but to ask again.

As Eunji once again open up the terrifying truth that Chorong tried to avoid all this time.

"Unnie, why can't you just tell her how much you love her more than you supposed to feel." Eunji asked again to the girl who just visited her to catch up.

Chorong sighed heavily. "How many times do I have to tell you..."

"Unnie? What's wrong with the truth. You have to admit that you really love her. If she doesn't reciprocate then so be it. But what if..." Eunji insisted and Chorong just looked at her with a surprised look. Can't believe of what the younger girl is saying.

"Do you even hear yourself? She's already taken. Eunji... I'm not that desperate...." just as before she finished her sentence, an expressionless girl that they are talking about entered the room.

"I forget my bag." Bomi stated coldly.

"Bomi, how long you've been there?" Eunji asked nervously, trying to glanced at Chorong who is already frozen on her position.

Bomi didn't bother to answer, instead she walked towards the chair which her bag is placed. And then turned around to walk away.

"Long enough to hear you." Bomi stated before closing the door. Which Eunji immediately realized as she packed her things up and about to leave.

"Unnie, I think you need to talk." Eunji stated before rushing away. She even looked at Chorong without an apologetic look because she thought Bomi deserved to altleast know something about it.

The only thing that she’s apologetic is that Bomi had to hear it from her. And not directly from Chorong.

Chorong walked towards the door which Bomi entered into and saw the girl locking the cafe's backdoor. Bomi was clearly having trouble with locking the door in which Chorong volunteer to do it.

"Let me." Bomi didn't try to fight for the lock and let Chorong do it. Just enough for her anger that is slowly boiling up to trigger when Chorong walked near her to do the job.

"Why did you hide it?" a short cold question escaped from Bomi's mouth. Enough for Chorong to be frozen on her current spot.

"Bbom ah." Chorong's voice is so weak that it came almost like a whisper.

"Why you didn't say it to me? Why do I have to know it this way" the younger asked again before Chorong turned around to face her.

"Why do I have to say it? You're already happy with Haru." Chorong simply answered. Her uninterested tone is enough for Bomi to explode.

"Before she even enter my life! For sake, we know each other for more than a decade. You did nothing but to treat me on how a little sister supposed to be treated. You're too good in pretending huh, I never feel you." Bomi stated bitterly, she was starting to be confused again and she's nervous of whenever the conversation is going.

"Why do I have to show you? Why do I have to exert an effort for you to feel my heart? When everyday you're telling me how inlove are you with Haru, how beautiful and talented is Haru. And your ing destiny with Haru And everytime you're sharing your thoughts and feelings to me about her, I slowly lose my confidence and self esteem, that I can never be as perfect as her." Chorong's voice started to sound with a futile hatred. She doesn't want to break the walls she tried hard to build all this time.

But Bomi is now desperate for the reason. She badly wanted to understand why Chorong hid everything.

"Before I even met her!!!! I can't understand why you didn't even try. You dumped me just like that. You're stubborn, coward and insecure!!" Bomi yelled, she's already frustrated.

Even if Chorong is not yet confirming anything, Bomi is too overwhelmed to gasped the situation. Chorong being inlove with her since then is just too good to be true.

"Then I am. Okay. Just say whatever you want to say." Chorong answered, their exchange of words is starting to become harsh and that is the first time they argued like that.

"If you really love me then you should at least told me. You should atleast give it a try to fight for me." Bomi is now desperate for the confirmation, before she knew it she realized how muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter