Second Part - Too

Never Too Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days went fast with Chorong constantly avoiding Bomi at all costs.

But she can't easily avoid her as they are working in the same cafe.

No. They own the same cafe. And day by day it's killing the older seeing Haru constantly visiting Bomi.

"Of course, she's her girlfriend." her thought almost teared her apart.

Everyday... Every moment.

"I thought you two are dating."
"You looked good together."
"You get along well together."
"You have a good chemistry."

"I don't want things to end up weird so maybe it's better for us to stay this way." Chorong answered, almost convincing herself.

That's all that people around her can say learning Bomi's relationship and it is not helping Chorong either.

Naively using that excuse. The point is, using the exact excuse and taking it as a fact that admitting feelings will end up ruining the friendship

The line between love and friendship is difficult to draw. But for Chorong, the line is already blurred since then.

The cruel pain she felt watching someone she loves, falling for someone else.

Maybe some things will never really turn out the way we wanted it to be.

"I really don't understand you." Eunji suddenly popped out of nowhere. After Haru fetched Bomi from the cafe to accompany her to go home.

Chorong is currently washing some dishes used the whole day in the Cafe.

"What are you saying?" she confusedly asked.

"Why you let her go like that? You hid everything to yourself... It's just ridiculous unnie!!!" Eunji stated, already frustrated about her unnie's situation.

"She will be mad at me... Just forget about it Eunji, she's already happy."

"You always say that unnie... What if she won't be mad? Why can't you take the risk?"

"Eunji ah , we're bestfriends since middle school, I don't want to ruin it. It's better off this way. Infact, it's too late."

"There is no such a thing as too late unnie. Remember late is better than nothing or never at all. Tell me honestly unnie, are you really afraid of ruining the friendship or you're just afraid of rejection?" Eunji stared intensely at the older girl like saying, there's no room for lies unnie. No room for that.

"Isn't it the same? If she would reject me then our friendship will turn to an end and ruined by that." Chorong stated, already determined to let go.

"Ayssh. I don't know what I'm gonna do with you anymore. Just to let you know... I'm here for you. I'm also your friend incase you forget." Eunji finally gave up.

"But do me a favor." Eunji ordered.

As a friend, it is hurting her too, seeing how Chorong looked at Bomi but can't do anything about it.

"If you don't have any plan... If you're raising your white flag just like that. Then let go unnie. You don't have to hurt yourself like that."

"Don't worry... I will... Just give me some time."

As stupid as it may seem. Chorong can't deny the fact that she asked herself too.

What if she show her feelings. What if she show Bomi that she's interested and Bomi reciprocates.

Is her decision would be the greatest regret that she will experience?

------

Bomi's pov.

I am now in the Han river with my Haru unnie, we decided to stay here because of the relaxing surroundings. And it is my comfort zone whenever life throws everything at me.

Unnie is leaning to a tree while I am leaning on her and her arms are wrapped around me.

I like this. I feel safe. That's why I put my hands over her's to intertwined and locked it.

Both of us are tired from exhausting work that's why we have no energy to stroll around to anywhere so I decided to stay here and she didn't object.

The truth is, I want her to know me more. The moment she mentioned my relationship with Chorong unnie, I noticed that she became more quiet than usual.

I can't blame her to have that insecurity and jealousy but I'm trying my best to give her the assurance.

"Have you ever played a game?" she randomly asked me.

Maybe a little conversation will remove the tension between us.

"What game?" I softly asked.

"The kind of game where you have a lot of advantage. But still, you lost." she explained. And I was really confused.

"Maybe games are all about luck then." I just answered.

"Yeahh. Maybe... Or that game is not for you."

I felt my heart rapidly beating with the statement. I don't know what sign is this... Nervousness? Anxiousness?

"During my rookie years in photography, I bought a good quality cameras and things for filming. I practiced my speech for the models to assure them that they are in good hands. But the thing is... They will always choose somebody else other than me. Someone who's more experienced than me. Someone who's known more than me. Someone they already worked with." I felt that she tightened her hold on me.

"I can't count on how many times that someone else was chosen instead of me. That time I can't understand why they're not willing to take the risk to try me... To try my potential." Haru unnie's voice is starting to break... That's why I tried to face her but she didn't let me to.

So I stayed in my position with her backhugging me. I know she's crying but she doesn't want me to see it.

"Unnie. Look at you right now. All your hardworks paid off right? You're the best photographer in this country and a lot people are basically lining up to be your model." I stated softly, not just to comfort her but it's the truth.

"Bomi... Thank you." she said and I was confused.

"Unnie, I should be the one...." I immediately answered but she cut me off.

"Thank you for taking the risk..." she said and I was dumbfounded as I realized what she's actually talking about.

I took the risk... With her... And that someone else is Rong unnie.

Someone who I knew longer...
Someone who's with me before Haru unnie came into my life.

She sugarcoat those things because she's not ready to admit it to me... That she's insecure and jealous with Chorong unnie.

And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter