Coffee mix with secrets

Coffee mix with secrets

 

Coffee

Hmmm...every morning, my ritual----simple! Get up, grab my toothbrush, sneak on some of jiyong hyung's cinnamon crest paste ad while brushing pull out 5 pieces of mugs---brush brush and spit wash off on the sink and return my trusty green brush back in the bathroom as I wait for the water to boil up...

Yes, I’m the maknae and morning coffee preparation is an art I have proudly perfected throughout my years with them...yes p-e-r-f-e-c-t-e-d!

Why art? Simple! Making bigbang coffee is not just about mixing caffeine and sugar but involves careful thinking...which oddly reflects my hyung's different colors..which I am proud to say----I have also nailed to a tee.

Ok want to know? 

Top hyung..aka as big seunghyun, choom top, pimp top---or more of Mr. Weirdo and impatient---why?

He never liked waiting too long, either in recordings, dates, programs or dressing room. If you want him to go mad, just tell him the magic word: WAIT. (or add up a beautiful hot model then u will surely make him go mad haha)

His cup is black with a white rim on the edge--- he likes it simple yet it's the biggest! Call it a walking contradictory, this is so him. He likes to make it simple but stand out at the same time. Just like him being TOP vs. choom top.

His mix? a simple three in one---it may be any brand. But the tricky part--a secret of how to mix them. I've learned that To make hyung smile and not grumble while sipping his coffee there is a magic ingredient---V.O.D.K.A!

As I grab the bottle from the overhead counter I can't help but smirk; doesn't hyung know that alcohol is a stimulant/depressant and technically counters coffee? BUT HE'S TOP! so yeah---weird but he loves the kick, besides it's not enough to get him drunk, just a "kick" to make him giggle.

So I add the lemon vodka (sorry hyung we ran out of your infamous pure blend---I’m sorry for that wink wink--) and the next unique thing to finalize my concoction:

It's all about the proportion.

Since hyung never liked waiting or maybe since he's such lazy sleepyhead---he like his coffee not too hot and not too cold, just right so he can start GULPING IT UP. so his combination: 2/3 hot and 1/3 cold...so I deliver his coffee---the last part: how to SERVE.

If you want to die----wake him up by either moving him or shaking him. I learned that lesson the hard way and had to comfort a sore neck when I did that the last time.

So how to wake him up?--simple: run the coffee under his nose and let nature take its course.

"hyung---" I whisper as I enter his room, as expected he was on his back and his hand dangling on the bed side. I leaned over and carefully ran the coffee and let the steam run under his nose. This is tricky, you have to wait for something which happens after 4 to 5 drag of coffee---the infamous nose twitch and then the lip pout and lastly---one eye popping open.

"ah thanks ri..."he said as he closes his eyes, I gently placed his coffee on his bed side table. "i'll be up in a min."

"ok don't let the coffee get cold." I smiled, though I know that that 'min' means 20min later---the fact hyung waved his hand and turned to face the other way is my confirmation.

Serving choi seunghyun coffee--success. 

youngbae hyung...aka taeyang, sol, pure church boy---but for me: mr. OC but not really---

Why not really you asked? Simple, have you seen kids who tries to mingle on sweeping the floor feeling proud and mighty, while the mom and dad are smirking behind? The kid is just like hyung! How? How could that be?

Well hyung is simple---want to make him happy? Give him the sense of being in control. I guess that's how he passes through life of being an idol. Among us five he's the one who usually walks around with his planner, jotting down schedules with different colors--highlights and timed! 

But reality--it's not him who made his schedule....he just like writing/doodling down as if he's the brilliant brain behind the flow. (who we all know credits goes to manager!)

Coffee serving is also like that to him...

Let me explain.


so laying down 2types of cups--one mug and one just a normal size cup, put it beside a coffee powder, sugar and milk side by side on a tray.. NEVER SERVE THREE IN ONE and NEVER MIXED! hyung likes the act of "making" his own coffee---*sheesh but I don't get it, he's still making coffee from the stuffs I serve him with..see I told you "OC but not really"

Going back, youngbae hyung's coffee is like that too---not that he'll complain if you randomly serve him whatever you come up with--/but if you want to see that smile that makes his eyes into a tiny slit (that you sometimes wonder if he can still see through them)...give him "options".

And when hyung heard the cups coming in, he sat up and saw the options I layed in front of him..

"wow ri thanks--" he yawned and wiped his eyes.

"it's ok, you slept late again last night huh?i kept hearing music from your room."

"ah yeah I was making a demo---" hyung grabbed his pillow and saw the tray I placed beside him..I am dead sure he's starting to compute what type of proportion he'll do this time...i'll let him be.

I started walking away when---"seungriya."; he called and I looked back, "THANKS!"

He stretched his hands and started making his coffee, ah so today's mug and more coffee than sugar and no milk, he noticed I was looking at him and suddenly: "what?" youngbae hyung laughed before flashing those crescent eyed smile--

AH THAT'S IT...that's my sign to leave: serving youngbae hyung his coffee: SUCCESS!

Daesung hyung-----

Ok he's a totally different story. If top hyung likes his with vodka and in a huge mug---then youngbae hyung likes his with options...

Daesung hyung's style represents: UNIQUNESS!

Adventure! Risqué!...and sometimes borderline weird.

Ok honestly I don't know if it's a good thing though. I cannot count anymore how many times he brought home a piece of coffee that jiyong hyung called as: CoSH!T! 

And now as I opened the cabinet I can see hyung bought again a new set: 12 in 1?!? Wtf?!?

"AH SEUNGRIYA!" hyung's voice erupted inside the kitchen, taking the plastic from my hand.."oh you found this? I just got this yesterday, hey say it can also help in skin tone and also memory and also dark eyes!"

Eh---ok weird...

But you know, since I have to admit hyung and I are not the closest---but I appreciate this little talks we have which somehow falls in three categories: food, skin care---and coffee.

Or let say I am the only one who have enough patience to listen to him as he tries to make his case legit and prove that his new "purchase" have mystical powers in them. HEY BEFORE YOU GO THINKING I HATE DOING THIS..nope! I love it! 

But honesty hyung talks---a LOT. That sometimes he forgets why he's here, and judging by how engrossed he is with his adventurous sales talk (I should really tell bom to stop getting hyung herbal stuffs, our dorm can practically start a herbal coffee shop), I started taking out his mug.

Ok to all of you---sorry to burst your bubbles but his cup is NOT doraemon (although I gave him one before)...dae hyung's mug is a tumbler...Why? See how fast and engrossed he is in talking---that's why. If you serve him coffee in a normal mug he'll just forget it and let it cool..then it'll be too cold to even drink.(ergo one reason why jiyong and I always ends up sipping a cold coffee from one cup Almost all the time during practice..oh well!)

I tore open the 12in1 coffee and poured it in hyung's tumbler and slowly--

"Ah! Wow..." hyung blinked as I clasped his hands to hold his tumbler and I snap it closed. "I nearly forgot that I was planning to make me a cup!"

"haha..it's ok hyung, shouldn't you be rehearsing now?"

"oh yeah I’m on my way---well I’m heading out now maknae!" Daesung hyung and turned around about to leave but I made sure he knows I placed extra hot water in case he forgets he even have coffee with him (so it won't get cold too fast). "thanks! You really know me! Oh here!" Daesung hyung tossed me a sachet of his new coffee.

Errrmm ok I don't know, but I just pretend that i'll drink this.

I followed hyung with my eye as he makes his way to his car, he blew on the tumbler and smiled as he sip----feeling proud at his cup. Hmm maybe this one doesn't taste bad like the last one---I took the teaspoon and it--AH YUCK! hyung?!?

Adventurous coffee for Daesung hyung with "FORGET" proof container: success!

Jiyong hyung? Aaah he's simple.

He's my favorite to serve..why? Shhh don't tell anyone that ok---BUT HE's THE SIMPLEST! 

Get him any cup, any stirrer or even use fork or chopsticks to stir he'll smile and drink it up.

He's not choosy. He never asked if it's decaf, strong, extra strong, mild, sugar free, cappuccino, latte,machiayo...nonfat...etc..

If top hyung needed a shot of vodka and a special mug---jiyong hyung likes whatever..

If youngbae hyung liked options---jiyong hyung likes Making things less complicated..

If daesunghyung likes his coffee unique--jiyong hyung likes his coffee in whatever form and even in cold water.

So I grab him a cup, whip up an instant one--a smile and a warm feeling slowly creeps in me as I carry his mug to his room...

"hyung?" I checked and saw him laying on his bed, chest down..."hyung--coffee?"

His eyes opened slightly and glumly sat up---

I handed him his coffee and he took it then flashed his smile.

"morning..." a borderline sleepy and awake greeting.

"morning.." I sat in front of him, holding my own cup as we chat about random stuffs...either about bigbang, news, latest relationship gossips, what's in the movie houses or if dongwook hyung still has a gf or if youngbae hyung finally have one...just random stuffs that we most of the time end up forgets what's the topic in the first place.

I smiled watching jiyong hyung sip his coffee as he laughs while telling me how gaho nearly tore his nose off---

Ah yes, this is the special blend that jiyong and I needed...

Not some fancy concoction or type---

The one ingredient he can't have his coffee without---our friendship---our random talks----or simply me!

And honestly...he is also the one and only special touch I need in my coffee....

"ya! Are you listening?" I suddenly felt jiyong hyung punching my arm.

"yes.." I smiled

"really?" he replied as we both raised our cups and for random reason...ended up giggling while we stare at each other.

"oh Daesung hyung gave me his new coffee want to try?" I asked.

"HELL NO!" was jiyong's reply...

I knew it.